View Poll Results: the new controversial review system...do u support it??

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • no

4 40.00%
  • yes

6 60.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: THE REVIEW SYSTEM !!!!

Senior Member Senior Hubber karthik_sa2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

THE REVIEW SYSTEM !!!!

will this new review sytem prevail...??? guys jus give'n ur thoughts on the new review system that has been brought out in this india srilanka test series...

IMO i don go for it??? i feel its an embarassement to the the standing umpires out there...every decision by them when it gets reversed will only dent their confidence further and what if the three chancess of review is over...over that time we have to completely depend on the standing umpires anyways....and the real charm of cricket is gone...the virtual eye or the technology may not be always right as well as to predict where the ball will exactly head to...the third umpires r also human...they might as well be wrong in their decisions just the way with the case of samarweera not out decision today ... what do u guys think...am sure most of the batsmen will survive with this new system comin in but will those two standing umpires survive ever ???r we losing the real charm of cricket????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Stupid system.

To expand the scope of decisions for which the umpires can use technology is different. Just like run-outs/stmpings umpires should be given the "option" of consulting the TV umpire for other dismissals like lbw, caught behind etc. That is not what this system does.

I have a conservative annoyance regarding encouraging further disrespect of umpires, which is what this one does. Further widens the umpire-player gap. And it is farcical in defintion too.

Was chatting with a friend of mine about this, the following came up:

Suppose the fielding team appeals and is turned down.
    If the fielding captain still has unused reviews but chooses not to use them. That means that he did not believe his original appeal was a good one. So his appeal was made with wilful dishonesty with an intention to mislead the umpire. He should be fined if not banned for this misconduct !
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber hamid's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel this is a good system and needs to be analyzed and fine tuned.

how many times some stupid decisions have changed the course of the match. The basic reason for the need of this review system is there are a lot of wrong decisions given nowadays( remember symonds innings?) and this review system can avoid most of those wrong decisions..

is there a report which says the no of decisions made on reviews and how many of them are wrong/right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhuram
    If the fielding captain still has unused reviews but chooses not to use them. That means that he did not believe his original appeal was a good one. So his appeal was made with wilful dishonesty with an intention to mislead the umpire. He should be fined if not banned for this misconduct !
    absolutely!!!!one more thing if ppl are talking about correct and fair decisions y only three reviews...does that mean other than three decisions rest of the decisions can be incorrect or unfair???the very motive behind bringing a review system is gone there itself...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by karthik_sa2
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhuram
    absolutely!!!!one more thing if ppl are talking about correct and fair decisions y only three reviews...does that mean other than three decisions rest of the decisions can be incorrect or unfair???the very motive behind bringing a review system is gone there itself...
    quite true...
    Actually the fielding teams use the reviews as a part of their strategy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hamid
    feel this is a good system and needs to be analyzed and fine tuned.

how many times some stupid decisions have changed the course of the match. The basic reason for the need of this review system is there are a lot of wrong decisions given nowadays( remember symonds innings?) and this review system can avoid most of those wrong decisions..

is there a report which says the no of decisions made on reviews and how many of them are wrong/right
    yes i agree there are lots of stupid decisions coming in these days but i feel only the umpires have to be reviewd and not the lbw catch appeals...
    good unbiased efficient umpires have to be selected and encouraged .... this is the best possible way to preserve the real game of cricket. yes there might be unfair decisions but thats the way cricket has been played for a long time... if technology can be brought in for everything we can very well have programmed machines playing in the field...probably we can have a mtach between inidan machine and pakistan machine n decide the winner based on their efficiencies..well this might be the futur of cricket

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometime back there was a huge hue and cry for not using technology while giving important decisions. Now I don't understand the 360 degree turn.

IMO, the system needs to be refined so that there is a balance between the technology used and on the spot decisions.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too early to say something :P

Post Thanks / Like
    I am very much for the usage of technology. I don't think the charm of the game is in constraining ourselves to the umpire's falliability. The game should evolve and in these ages of close encounters it make perfect sense to go techie for better decisions.

But the rview system is poor in that technology is positioned as an adversary to the umpire. This encourages disrespecting the umpire and his decision in a game which has very little sporting spirit left.

It should be left to the umpire to make use of technology to make better decisions whenever he thinks it necessary.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    I am very much for the usage of technology. I don't think the charm of the game is in constraining ourselves to the umpire's falliability. The game should evolve and in these ages of close encounters it make perfect sense to go techie for better decisions.

But the rview system is poor in that technology is positioned as an adversary to the umpire. This encourages disrespecting the umpire and his decision in a game which has very little sporting spirit left.

It should be left to the umpire to make use of technology to make better decisions whenever he thinks it necessary.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast