View Poll Results: Did the national awards got it right? Where did you think they goofed it up big time?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big B?

4 66.67%
  • Sarika?

1 16.67%
  • 'Black', directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, is the best feature film in Hindi?

1 16.67%
  • Shreya Ghoshal was adjudged Best Female Playback singer for her song in 'Paheli'? (lol)

0 0%
  • Best feature film in Tamil: Aadum Kothu, Directed by T V Chandran?

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Awards - Amitabh, Sarika, "Black",etc

Post Thanks / Like

National Awards - Amitabh, Sarika, "Black",etc

First, I need to catch up 'Parzania'. (not just for Sarika's performance)

And, best critic award for Baradwaj Rangan - (not often you see the jury awarding someone who deserves it).

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/I...ow/2263261.cms

Just one question : Big B (Black) over Lal (thanmatra). You got to be kidding me!

Of course they awarded Blessy. But still.

BTw, heard about this film, Aadum Kothu?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    NEW DELHI: 53rd National Film Awards have been announced. As per the recommendations of the juries, 'Kaalpurush – Memories in the Mist' (Bengali), directed by Budhadeb Dasgupta, has been declared the Best Feature Film.

The Award carries a Swarna Kamal and Rs 50,000 each for Producer and Director of the film. Best Popular Film providing wholesome entertainment is 'Rang De Basanti' (Hindi), directed by Rakesh Omprakash Mehra.

Nargis Dutt Award for the Best Feature Film on National Integration went to ‘Daivanamathil’ (Malayalam), directed by Jayaraj.

Indira Gandhi Award for the Best First Film of a Director went to a film 'Parineeta' (Hindi), directed by Vidhu Vinod Chopra. And the Award for the best film on social issues went to 'Iqbal' (Hindi), directed by Nagesh Mukunoor.

The award for the Best Direction went to Rahul Dholakia for the film 'Parzania'. Best Actor Award went to Amitabh Bachchan for his performance in Hindi Film 'Black'.

Sarika has been adjudged the best actress award in recognition of her performance in the film 'Parzania' directed by Rahul Dholakia. The Award for the Best Child Artist went to Sai Kumar for his performance in Telugu film 'Bommalata – A Bellyful of Dreams'.

The Award for the Best Male Playback Singer went to Naresh Iyer in 'Rang De Basanti' and the Shreya Ghoshal was adjudged Best Female Playback singer for her song in 'Paheli'.

The Best Non-Feature Film was 'Riding Solo To The Top Of The World' (English), directed by Gaurav A Jani. Best Film Critic Award went to Baradwaj Rangan.

'Black', directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, is the best feature film in Hindi. The best adjudged films in different Indian languages mentioned in VIII Schedule are:

Assamese: Kadam Tole Krishna Nache, Directed by Suman Haripriya

Bengali: Harbart, Directed by Suman Mukherjee

Kannada: Thaayi, Directed by Baraguru Ramchandrappa

Malayalam: Thanmatra, Directed by Blessy

Marathi: Dombivali Fast, Directed by Nishikant Kamat

Oriya: Kathantara, Directed by Himanshu Khatua

Punjabi: Baghi, Directed by Sukhminder Dhanjal

Tamil: Aadum Kothu, Directed by T V Chandran

Telugu: Bommalata – A Bellyful Of Dreams, Directed by Prakash Kovelamudi

Post Thanks / Like
    aadum kooththu has been released ?

It was a movie with NavyA Nair, as a kooththu artist of the yesteryears and a documentary filmmaker making a documentary about her. Sounds very awardy, eh

Dombivili Fast is being remade as EvanO Oruvan starring Madhavan.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToI
    And the Award for the best film on social issues went to 'Iqbal' (Hindi), directed by Nagesh Mukunoor
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    aadum kooththu has been released ?

It was a movie with NavyA Nair, as a kooththu artist of the yesteryears and a documentary filmmaker making a documentary about her. Sounds very awardy, eh
    Yes, and I haven't heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Dombivili Fast is being remade as EvanO Oruvan starring Madhavan.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToI
    And the Award for the best film on social issues went to 'Iqbal' (Hindi), directed by Nagesh Mukunoor
    Haha. I didn't notice that.

TOI editors..

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't seen Mohanlal's film so I can't compare his performance vis-a-vis Amitabh's. But I liked both the lead performances in Black.I thinked Naseeruddin Shah bagged Best Supporting Actor for Iqbal. Too bad I thought a misclassification would work in favour of Rajkiran (TT).

Post Thanks / Like
    Big B was 'apt' for Black. But you should check out Thanmatra. Trust me, Lal should have won it hands down!

IMO RK's performance in TT was good (lead or supporting). In fact it's better than Big B's! N'shah didn't "act"(at least it didn't seem that way) in Iqbal, he was natural to the core. From that trademark smile to that suave dialogue delivery. Actually, Iqbal is a neat film too. Indie effort which worked for all class of audience. Remarkable! Coming back to Shah, He is one of the best (if not the best) effortless actor from our country.

Kannannn had seen Dombivili Fast. He actually had good words to say about the lead actor, but not much about the movie itself.

BTW, Seen Parineeta?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    AADUM KOTHU ...... ippadi oru movie naan kelvi pattade illaye ..... !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thilak4life
    Big B was 'apt' for Black. But you should check out Thanmatra. Trust me, Lal should have won it hands down!
    Oho !
    IMO RK's performance in TT was good (lead or supporting). In fact it's better than Big B's!
    Rajkiran was excellent in TT. It is a performance that should be remembered.
    BTW, Seen Parineeta?
    indhi padam paarthu romba naal aachu. I think RDB was the last

Post Thanks / Like
    PR,

My last hindi film was Bheja fry :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Amitabh rocks in Black...wats wrong wit u ppl?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast