Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any use in seeing TV serials?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    suresh,
    appadi thaan irukanum. rendu perum orey oor aachey. aana onu, discipline-a irukanum!
    (koundamani's dialogue to vijay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there any use in seeing TV serials?

Quote Originally Posted by hehehewalrus
    Is there any use in TV serials? if so can we list them?
    We need more comedy serials. God!!! do any of you watch Malayalam
    serials(and some tamil serials) They are anti-women ,and their outlook is extremely narrow. I dont subscribe to the view that TV serials corrupt kids. They are smart enough to gather information from
    every possible source anyway.. you cant keep them away from the TV and the internet!!!!

As I said before, we all need a little cheer in our otherwise drab lives
    and the only way to enliven the scene is to watch comedy serials
    SVSekhar YG Mahendran, Vivek , Senthil/Goundmani etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    u missed out crazy mohan

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate when my parents watch TV serial when there is a cricket match going on. They dont give a damn for the match however close it may be. They still prefer to watch Serials.

Also i haven't seen any Detective or real fact oriented Dramas being telecast . All these Dramas have non-stop crying scenes.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Visu,
    I know how you feel. That's why I have a TV in my room. Except for me, it's Basketball instead of Cricket.
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    he he he, u finally ended up becoming the real surya?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I refuse to watch anything except comedy serials.Real life is full of tensions and anxiety.Why should we add to the problem?Serials should be aimed at providing a little relaxation to the viewer.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I refuse to watch anything except comedy serials.Real life is full of tensions and anxiety.Why should we add to the problem?Serials should be aimed at providing a little relaxation to the viewer.
    Yup, you are right, I don't like to spend money on buying tickets to movies which I know are tearjerkers or have sad endings - why add further misery to our worry-filled lives?!!!

I rather spend more to go and enjoy a good jolly time at the cinema.

But seriously, these serials are really taking too much of our quality time. I can speak for myself. When Annamalai was aired in Malaysia I eagerly wait for it - and religiously sat in front of the tv a few mnutes before its air time with the remote control in my hand lest hubby grabs it n switches the channel.

I was a real 'Villi' at that time ! Never even allowing hubby to switch during the ad time - so afraid that I will miss the continuation part after the ad! My hubby's complaint of 'Adi pavi, intha time aavathu ennaku anchi nimisham koden' just fails to move me!!!

And sometimes when hubby really wanted to watch a much awaited live sports telecast, then everything erupts. We end quarelling n after that feel so stupid about it. Hey come on we are supposed to be 2 sensible adults and here we are fighting like kids.

But enough is enough hubby & I concluded - nowadays I don't watch serials unless I really have nothing to do at all.

The truth is most of these serials are of the same theme. Same Mamiyar Marumagal fights, betrayals, love etc. Real bore-lah!

It's only meant to be a pastime and should not control ppl's routine.

I realise the days when I don't watch the serials, I am able to complete my household chores, spend more time with my children & have quality talks with hubby.

A real life event - the invitation card stated the wedding dinner was at 7.30 pm but the bride & groom only arrived at 8.30 pm. The food was only served after that. Shortly after that, most of the guests hurriedly finished their dinners, congratulated the newly wed couple & left the function hall. All this happened in a span of 15 - 20 minutes!!!!

At 9 pm only the family members and the very closest friends were still there at the function.

Nowadays I realise that not many ppl have functions around 9 pm anymore. Annamalai certainly has controlled/restricted our social lives....

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shakti.. welcome back.
    I am a bit confused. I thought you were in Bangalore. When did you go to Malasia?

I hardly watch any serials, if at all, it is some english comedy serial. That too never regularly.
    Indian comedy serials are a real tragedy The directors seem to think bufoonery is humour.
    But I watch programmes like 'Sa re ga ma pa'.
    The family drama serials are all 'By women, of women, for women'!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hehehewalrus
    he he he, u finally ended up becoming the real surya?
    He is my fav actor, and not only because we have the same names.

////Indian comedy serials are a real tragedy The directors seem to think bufoonery is humour.////

Very True, Chinna Pappa Periya Pappa is a good example.

I think that Annamalai is one of the better seriels, because it has a better plot, and better screenplay. Also done in a way that its also possible for men to sit through it.
    Back after a while...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast