Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The 10 Most Influential People In Tamil Cinema

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Nov, I agree with Kamal's influence being important (good or not is subjective). It's because of him, all daddies were training their sons to dance/fight/etc....resulting on a generation of good dancers and physical actors, with bulging biceps.
    agreed completely. Before kamal there was no one who paid importance to physical structure. A very important point.
    Gundu Paanjatha thavira MGR was quite fit and was doing active fighting till his final period in Cinema(around 60). Once again it got more popularised from the days of Kamal.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    joe,

sorry if i said wrong or made fun on our own language. i surely has more respect and interested in tamil literature. just not a person who only listen to tamil movie songs, but i also read barathiyaar kavithaigal. anyways not as deep knowledged as you..

my one point, to make regarding tamil, its surely not an easy language for techology. so we shud leave thots like speaking in pure tamil, or havinf degrees like Msc and Bsc in pure tamil. i think its waste. instead, one shud learn english.

i have APJ's India2020 both in english and tamil. infact i got only tamil version but it was irritating and very tough for me to read many complicated terms translated in tamil. instead, i felt too comfortable in english version.

i keep tamil only for expressing feelings. officela, nammooru aatkalodayum engileesuthaan vasathippaduthu
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
    my one point, to make regarding tamil, its surely not an easy language for techology. so we shud leave thots like speaking in pure tamil, or havinf degrees like Msc and Bsc in pure tamil.
    I don't know why do you tell this to me I am not a one for 'Thani Thamizh' and for studying Msc ,Bsc in Pure Thamizh ...But not even learning thamizh as a language paper in schools in Tn is a shame .

one shud learn english.
    Yes,It is needed for us ..But don't tell this to any japanese ,korean or french .

i keep tamil only for expressing feelings. officela, nammooru aatkalodayum engileesuthaan vasathippaduthu
    Even i don't speak Tamil with tamil collegues when we are at work ..But once we get out of office ,if only thamizs around ,i speak only in Thamizh .

I use english only for official work.

Anyway ,Unga vasathi ungalukku
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    ..But once we get out of office ,if only thamizs around ,i speak only in Thamizh .

I use english only for official work.
    naanum ithaithaan sonnen

korean japanese... i understand, they do everything in their mother toungue and they are not lagging in anything, incl technology. but en namma oorla mattum engileesu engileesunnu alayirom. if u hav this question, i wud say we better stay with english, as for technology or work. becos, its got to do with race. all these non indian asians, be it chinese\japanese et all are just amazing with their aggressiveness. nammakitta athu illai. also tamil is not a language for whole india. also we are lagging in technology when compared to others. so better we catchup witht he world ONLy in engilish and keep tamil for ourselves. but lets keep it alive, within ours. vaazga thamizh

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    so better we catchup witht he world ONLy in engilish and keep tamil for ourselves. but lets keep it alive, within ours. vaazga thamizh
    No second opinion ..But 'keep it alive'..may be you wish for atleast in our life time ..I wish to keep it alive for many more generations to come.

எல்லா மொழியையும் படிப்போம் ,தமிழை இழந்து அல்ல .
    எல்லா தாயையும் மதிப்போம் ,சொந்த தாயை அனாதை இல்லத்துக்கு அனுப்பிவிட்டு அல்ல.
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Post Thanks / Like
    everyone's interests also matters. i read lots of tamil books in my childhood and chaste tamil was not tuf for me, to certain level. bit, tamilnaatil piranthu tamil padicha palaperukku dasavatharathil kamal pesum chaste tamil puriyalai

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sarna_blr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    everyone's interests also matters. i read lots of tamil books in my childhood and chaste tamil was not tuf for me, to certain level. bit, tamilnaatil piranthu tamil padicha palaperukku dasavatharathil kamal pesum chaste tamil puriyalai
    is it.... then they are OP students in schools...

PS... OP means class time'la thoonguradhu or paadam nadaththuradha gavanikkaama irukkuradhu :P
    Seven social sins:
    1.Politics without principles
    2.Wealth without work
    3.Pleasure without conscience
    4.Knowledge without character
    5.Commerce without morality
    6.Science without humanity
    7.Worship without sacrifice

Senior Member Regular Hubber hub rap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So if somebody very particular about the title must be in english (london ,California etc) they can still do and pay usual tax (note..no penalty).
    No tax exemption if a movie is named "london-il kalyAna rAman"? (enna koduma sir idhu?) London-a eppadi tamizh la ezhuthuradhu?
    There's no problem with living a double life. It's the triple and quadruple lives that get you in the end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hub rap

So if somebody very particular about the title must be in english (london ,California etc) they can still do and pay usual tax (note..no penalty).
    No tax exemption if a movie is named "london-il kalyAna rAman"? (enna koduma sir idhu?) London-a eppadi tamizh la ezhuthuradhu?
    லண்டன்

IPDITHAN
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Senior Member Regular Hubber hub rap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivasaayi
    Quote Originally Posted by hub rap

லண்டன்

IPDITHAN
    LOL. EngileeshkAran, the movie and title itself was a nethi adi to the tax exemption sham. reminds me of the sathyaraj dialogue when the postman lauds him for his tamizh patru and says that everybody should talk only in tamizh. "That is practically not possible. because, many of the inventions like cycle, chain, bell etc are invented by english men...."
    If somebody could get the exact dialogue....

Lets not be dainty about chaste tamizh and let the language evolve. Consider it as a reprieve, at least.

Endha thread-la irukkomdrathe marandhu pochchu.
    There's no problem with living a double life. It's the triple and quadruple lives that get you in the end.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast