View Poll Results: Which is best of bests in Panneer Pushpangal?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aananda Raagam

9 32.14%
  • Kodai Kala Katre

7 25.00%
  • Poonthalir Aada

12 42.86%
  • Vengaya Sambar

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best song of Ilaiyaraja album - Panneer Pushpangal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Best song of Ilaiyaraja album - Panneer Pushpangal

Dear IR Fans,

I think it will give offer to know about music, unknown/unfamiliar songs, ragas, lude details, singers/actors/technicians/event related to a particular song by discussing which is best of an album. I want to take an album per week and we will discuss/argue and even make sweet quarrel . There are polls to vote for your fav song and each will stay here for one week.

Let us select best song of Panneer Pushbangal first

common guys, vote for a song and give the reason in detail and is mandatory

To listen PP songs except Vengayam

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/musi...vie_name.5115/

or

http://www.dishant.com/album/Panneer-Pushpangal.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    vengaya sambar gets eliminated - easy decision as that was supposedly inspired from some western number and not so impressive as well.

Very tough to choose among the remaining three.

kOdaikAlakkAtRE goes next because of MV, who is not my #1 preferred singer, especially for songs like this. So, despite the brilliant bass guitar work (IR plays a bass guitar melody through out) and classic interludes, this song does not make it. Also, the percussion arrangement in the saraNam portion is so-so.

By similar reckoning, UR cannot score over SPB-SJ, my top fav pair. No doubt Anandha rAgam is a better melody, great string arrangements, thuLLal through out etc but UR brings down the grade a little bit.

poonthaLirAdA - AhAh! what a song...ippOdhum repeat mode'il kEttukkoNdE irukkalAm, any number of times. When SPB sings SJ hums in (and vice versa) in a manner that brings such ecstasy that cannot be expressed!

Add to the lead guitar work, children-like chorus, simple jazz/conga drum work (another IR signature arrangement that lasted till 'kaNNA unaiththEdukiREn vA') & flute-string accompaniment - we have a winner in "poonthaLirAda"!

Post Thanks / Like
    sanjeevi,
    reason vera enna
    IR oda Violin, guitar etc...............
    including chorus..........
    IR in chorus - always haunting me..........
    Singing style - Nichayam something special in this song from SPB and SJ.
    Usha Sankar

Post Thanks / Like
    Interestingly, though I've voted for "poonthaLirAda" in this album, if someone asks me to pick some of the best songs of IR - it may not make it while 'Anandha rAgham' will
    Reason? It's so unique and possibly one-of-a-kind that has to be placed in IR's hall of fame) Another couple of songs that come to mind are 'madai thiRanthu' and 'pon mAlaippozhudhu' both rarities and will make it to the best ever songs of IR but when considered only at the album level will have to fight with 'poongathavE'.

Post Thanks / Like

superb info app_engine, usha shankar (neenga entha paatunu sollavae illaiyae, ofcourse I know it is Poonthalir)

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, on a second thought, 'poongathavE' will also make it to the top-most songs of IR I won't place 'poo malarndhida nadamidum' or similar later numbers at par with it. It's definitely one of a kind!

Post Thanks / Like
    The uniqueness of 'Anandha rAgam' may be the reason it found a place in IR's JayaTV concert.

I think that concert (and a few that followed) showed, at least in part, IR's personal preferences. (Notwithstanding the stage-sharing with singers who may want to sing their top-hit, current popularity level and other politics which could have influenced choice of many numbers - IMO, ONOK numbers didn't deserve inclusion there - may be to prove 'andRum indRum endRum').

Anandha rAgam is ENDRUM category!

Sanjeevi, oru chinna suggestion - why don't you also post MIO or similar links?

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah we can eliminate easily 'Vengaya sambar' even before first round. Even many of IR fans don't know about that song.

For me from first round to final round, the other three songs will be present. I can't ignore anyone since they are melting melodies at any time.

But when coming to elect, we have to select one candidate, enna seyya . Though very very tough competition, here I go with "Koodaikala Katre" because when I heard first time this song "Oru inam puriyatha paravasam ennil" . This song is something special to me.

MV singing, the chorus "la la la", the superb interludes, the pleasing saranam and the situation & motive of the song, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    IMO, ONOK numbers didn't deserve inclusion there - may be to prove 'andRum indRum endRum').
    Shreya Goshal kovichunga poranga

Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    Sanjeevi, oru chinna suggestion - why don't you also post MIO or similar links?

Post Thanks / Like
    Who are the third person who voted for Poonthalir song

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast