computer science related thread

hardware or software

front end or backend

anything related system can be clarified here
    OM NAMASIVAYA

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Vivasaayi, there's already a similar topic here if you would like to post some info -

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewt...er=asc&start=0

Post Thanks / Like
    but that thread was more like for endusers...not regarding programming i thought
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivasaayi
    but that thread was more like for endusers...not regarding programming i thought
    This is programming related-a?

appadina I am more familiar with C# and .net

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    i'm with ESPN and SUNTV programmes ...

as a sys admin, i have never been able to give a convincing answer to any of our clients/IT managers as to why "reboot always works" from a calculator to high end super dome servers ......can anyone explain here
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    as a sys admin, i have never been able to give a convincing answer to any of our clients/IT managers as to why "reboot always works" from a calculator to high end super dome servers ......can anyone explain here
    Reboot is something like setting the system back to its normal/functional state. Or I shall say 'reset'. So, thats why it works. Just my opinion.
    Maybe others can come up with more good explanation(s).

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometime back, my uncle called me from my home saying that our TV remote has gone crazy (When the volume button is pressed, the channel got changed). Not having a clue, I asked him to remove the batteries and put it back. It worked!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982

Sometime back, my uncle called me from my home saying that our TV remote has gone crazy (When the volume button is pressed, the channel got changed). Not having a clue, I asked him to remove the batteries and put it back. It worked!!!
    my friend told me to do the same for calculator.........he never explained why

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibha
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982

my friend told me to do the same for calculator.........he never explained why
    Google vaazhga. :P.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.ocmodshop.com/ocmodshop.aspx?a=1187
    Rebooting your computer is the most common first-step remedy for most PC ailments. Rebooting returns all of your computer's software (and hardware) to a known initial state, which in theory should eliminate fluctuating problems. The issue could be as simple as a software error or as complex as a motherboard or hard drive failure, but you really can't narrow down the options until you try a few things.

Since you have to take a logical scientific approach to identify the true source of your computer's problems, you should really eliminate all "unknowns" that could possibly exist when trying to get your computer back to a previous "known" state. For example, there could be some hardware that is "stuck" that causes a Blue Screen of Death, and it won't fix itself until the card is powered down (i.e. a hard reboot)... all the soft reboots in the world will not fix the problem.

You may have to wait a few seconds before power is completely exhausted. You may have heard the tech support guy from India state that "you need to wait 30 seconds before you turn your computer on", and there is some truth to this. The large capacitors inside your PC's power supply store electricity (which is why it's dangerous to touch them even when the power is off), and they can take some time to discharge. Thirty seconds may be a little excessive, though... my motherboard's LED usually goes out within 5 seconds.
    Love and Light.

Post Thanks / Like

i think u ask this...if im elimentary pardon me

normally the application crashes due to the incorrect access of data or storing data in incorrect address inside RAM.Shortly,its accessing or writing data in address space of other programs .so when the code sections of a program inside the ram is overwritten by some other program the application crashes.

the memory dump can be viewed to see what has happened when the applications crashed.

to overcome this,when a system is reboot the RAM is completely cleared and refreshed.the programs are newly loaded from the hard disk to the fresh and clean ram.In short,the program that is corrupted was removed completely from the ram(ofcourse along with all other programs) and the the program in loaded from the harddisk to the RAM newly.

now when the code that is corrupted is that of the OS(kernel),then its os crash.

idha pathithana ask paneenga
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast