Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 1,031 to 1,037 of 1037

Thread: MS Dhoni - The most successful captain of India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    MSD retires from test cricket. He was not as inspirational in tests as he is in LOIs and T20s but I often feel he was unfairly criticized for some time now. Good decision at the end. Walk out with your head held high, mate.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    There have been instances where Dhoni's frustrated me with his test captaincy overseas. But there is nothing to deny that his cool demeanor will be missed. While fairly confident on Kohli's batting skills, I am vary of his mental fragility and the effect it would have on the team he's leading. And it is here that Dhoni will be missed. He's not gone altogether though. Hoping he gets the WC for the country.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem was that he lead old fab 4, problematic openers, a young team which was in transition phase and with a bunch of crap bowlers. Even Steve Waugh will fail by leading this combo. However I am not a fan of his field settings and defensive bowling attacks, his love towards Jaddu, Ashwin, Raina, Ishant etc irrespective of their forms there by Mishra, Manoj Tiwary couldn't play much.I think when Kirsten left, he took away the luck and charm of the Indian test side.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That 'waiting for things to happen' mentality helps him in limited over cricket where a win depends on how a team handles pressure. It is not the case in test cricket. A batsman, esp the tailenders, can play the waiting game and avoid defeats. MSD adopted the LOI methodology in tests and hence was not as effective.

However, he could've still contributed as a keeper batsman. That attacking 224 in Chennai laid the perfect platform for that whitewash against Aussies. And in spite of not getting into three figure mark overseas, he played many crucial innings' which have gone unnoticed. Even in the recent tour to England, he scored couple of half centuries under pressure. And 38 average for a WK batsman is not a bad thing at all.

Dhoni also preferred giving the long rope for players under him. Sharmas,Jaddu and Ashwin are examples for that. He persisted with Vijay and Kohli too. But our media dont speak high about the successes.

Kohli was my pick too for the successor. He is not calm and composed like MS but his aggression may just be the need of the hour for the Indian team.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dhoni should be banned from representing India ever again

http://m.firstpost.com/sports/dhoni-...r-2025557.html

The departure of Dhoni is not only about cricket – it is much more about what has become of much of our country – money is everything, brand is everything, image is everything-history and truth and facts are a waste of time – as long as you are seen on TV everyday, who cares who you really are and what you are really doing...
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So much hatred toward MS !!!
    Dream Big !