Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Prabhu Ganesan - Charismatic, Affable and Underrated.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, any thread on Prabhu must descend into P Vasu bashing because that is the man who made Prabhu a dim-wit on screen. A finely talented actor ws reduced to rubble and P Vasu had a starring role in it. I would say it is appropriate and relevant discussion here.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj
    Esp. for Groucho... Gounder had some of his classics reserved for Vasu
    One thing for sure. In many P.Vasu movies comedies has been good be irrespective of the movie.. That is the only plus point i would say in P.Vasu movies :P Better not to talk about the rest

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sarna_blr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    IMO, any thread on Prabhu must descend into P Vasu bashing because that is the man who made Prabhu a dim-wit on screen. A finely talented actor ws reduced to rubble and P Vasu had a starring role in it. I would say it is appropriate and relevant discussion here.
    I would like to tell blaming P Vasu alone is madaththanam :P we should blame our audience also who made those films to become commercially success . U and I are two among them(audience)
    Seven social sins:
    1.Politics without principles
    2.Wealth without work
    3.Pleasure without conscience
    4.Knowledge without character
    5.Commerce without morality
    6.Science without humanity
    7.Worship without sacrifice

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe, I love it when we are allowed to be nasty. I am also grateful that there are no P. Vasu fanatics around to start getting on our nerve.

It's true, I hate Prabhu's role in Chinnathambi. It is poorly written. The whole premise revolving on Thaali - though I am respectful of its actual cultural importance - and dimwit character forced onto Prabhu is moronic at best and is insulting our (or at lease my semi-literate) intelligence. I remember watching it on big screen and sinking in my chair (I sunk again recently, but I won't tell which film).

The film is saved by Prabhu's presence, his sense of humour, and Ilayaraja. Of course, you know where the other sense of humour in this film comes from (my guilty pleasure).

I asked this before and I ask again, could P. Vasu be the worst amongst the directors of better budgetted film? I wonder.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    sarna_blr, i sure didnt make Chinna Thambi a hit. Also, ofcourse, one can blame Prabhu himself for choosing to act in those films.
    But idhellam oru guilty pleasure - vera yaaraiyavadhu thittina, fan club censure varum - ivarai thittina onnum varadhunnu dhairayathula thittitaen

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sarna_blr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sarna_blr, i sure didnt make Chinna Thambi a hit. Also, ofcourse, one can blame Prabhu himself for choosing to act in those films.
    But idhellam oru guilty pleasure - vera yaaraiyavadhu thittina, fan club censure varum - ivarai thittina onnum varadhunnu dhairayathula thittitaen
    Plum,
    1991'ku appuram Prabhu's sustaining in TFI was determined by Chinnathambi's commercial success, would u dare to deny it ?
    Seven social sins:
    1.Politics without principles
    2.Wealth without work
    3.Pleasure without conscience
    4.Knowledge without character
    5.Commerce without morality
    6.Science without humanity
    7.Worship without sacrifice

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Plum, VK is also a remake? Intha manusan original-la ethu ozhungga senjirukkiraaru?
    I too felt the same

I thought Velai Kidachiduchu could be original, thats y I asked about this film..

Sethupathy IPS?

// sari sari.. idhu Prabhu thread-nu theriyudhu

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe, I love it when we are allowed to be nasty. I am also grateful that there are no P. Vasu fanatics around to start getting on our nerve.
    Yevukanai madhiri engirundhavadhu varuvanga .. irunga parthu solraen (looking like senthil does in uthamarasa)

Chinnathambi
    I remember watching it on big screen
    Me too.. I think, I was studying in 5th std... & I cud still remember ladies crowd for this theater.... nane indha padam 150+ days-ku appuramthan parthaen.. appave avlo koottam

VK had Captain Prabhakaran at that time

I asked this before and I ask again, could P. Vasu be the worst amongst the directors of better budgetted film? I wonder.
    Eagerly waiting to get the answer from someone... if he is the best, then who could be his close contender?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me too.. I think, I was studying in 5th std... & I cud still remember ladies crowd for this theater.... nane indha padam 150+ days-ku appuramthan parthaen.. appave avlo koottam

VK had Captain Prabhakaran at that time

CP never made it to my town. At that time, Malaysia was re-welcoming Tamizh films, and in smaller towns titles are selected. Captain may have played in the cities, but Chinnathambi was big word-of-mouth item at that time.

I was not rushing out to see it, but I keep hearing from people how great it is and all. Of course, we know about the songs.

Then, poyee paartaaa!!!!!

Prabhu gave his best, very decent and soulful performance. I thought Nee Enggey song was irritating, but thanks to P. Vasu's impeccable direction, the scene turned out to be a bigger pain in the neck than I thought was ever possible (rivaling entire performance by Jyothika in CM)

Good comedy, good songs (except that one) and Prabhu are the elements I will look forward to, if I am going to see it again.

Eagerly waiting to get the answer from someone... if he is the best, then who could be his close contender?
    You mean close contender to being worst director? I categorise him such, because of his capability to undertake huge projects and ruin it. I mean, he is not like Perarasu, you know what you are going to get when you go to a Perarasu or Shakti Chithambaram movie.

But Vasu's films have big names and now I discovered that he took the stories from good movies. How he can screw it is beyond me. Look, he has great material in hand...and yet he can still come out with those stuff. I thought he was bad before, but now, after all these discussions (Cool-aana Murali-saree daylight murderer-nu sollittaaru), I am convinced that he is the worst...at least 80s onwards.

We like some of his movies, only because of the talents in it, not because they were well directed.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    To divert people from P.Vasu centric discussions, let me update some new informations on Prabhu.

In addition to

Ayan

Kandhasamy

Asoka Vanam

Prabhu is doing two more films.

One that has Bharath in the lead and the

second one has Arun Vijay in the lead.

Though it is good that he is putting his talent to good use, hope this right,left and centre signing doesn't push him into the range of Vijayakumar.

Regards

Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast