Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Prabhu Ganesan - Charismatic, Affable and Underrated.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My brother sent me this:

Got this from http://spbindia.blogspot.com/2007/05...-dated_28.html

3) en kaadhale ...... from Duet (SPB)
    Kedharanath rendered this song. Our SPB asked "Baatcha" to talk about the sax player of this song. Baatcha said that this was played by "Sax" Raju who is one of the rare players who could play the sax without aberrations in the sruthi. He also said that when he discussed about this sax player with A.R.Rehman, Rahman used to compare Raju with the world renowned sax player Kenny G. Such an impact Raju had created. Our SPB also chipped in saying that the music industry had two great sax players both with name Raju. He also mentioned that many had mistaken that sax was played by Kadri Gopalnath for this song. But he had played sax only for one song in the movie which was also sung by our SPB (maybe Anjali song ....). Only Raju had played for this song, he said and that too with great expressions using his sax. He also talked in awe of the actor Prabhu who is featured in this song. SPB felt that his acting was such that he exceeded even his father Sivaji in expression (having tears in the eyes without letting them fall). He also spoke about the great picturisation of director K.Balachandar for this song and also the use of the "Anjali" song bit in this song when the herione appears in the scene. SPB finally praised the contestant for taking a risky song and presenting it well 99.9%. He, however sang out certain portions of the song himself which he felt the contestant should take care in future which he himself found difficult when singing on stage. He also brought in Baatcha's habit of pointing out mistakes in his singing when they used to record live in earlier days.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I was wondering too Groucho. I think Gopalnath only played Mettupodu - very Carnatic-ky pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    The “Vennilaavin Theeril” and Prabhu’s silent suffering. All patient elder brothers (like me) can relate to that sequence, that’s for sure.

மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    The only good thing about Duet is Prabhu's acting, it really got to me. But he was a good actor, now he is just a box of histrionics, there's nothing fluid about his performances any more. The last notable performance was Siraichalai. Films after that, he didn't really strike a chord in any performance. I think he struggles to find any motivation. And when you have likes of P.Vasu around, it's not all that surprising.

I'm looking forward to the Mani Ratnam film.

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thilak4life
    And when you have likes of P.Vasu around, it's not all that surprising.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    P. Vasu's existence in TFI is still a mystery to me. That he continues to get job (why Rajini?) is another great subject for movie thesis.

In early days he benefited from the stars and of course Ilayaraja. Chinathambi benefited massively from Prabhu and Ilayaraja.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by karthik_sa2
    'manasukul mathapu" is one of my best movies of prabhu.he looked very cute and wud have acted brilliantly in that movie.

Yes Karthik, you are correct. In the movie "Manasukkull Maththaappoo" his performance was extremely good. His role was based on a Mentally disordered person. He got Best Actor Filmfare Award for that year. The songs were melodies and hit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_karthik
    yAr yArukkO seperate thread irukkumbOthu (sila pErukku yEgappatta threads), Ilaiya Thilagam Prabhuvukku oru thread create Agi iruppathu to be welcomed.

I think his fatness is not a minus point. As Rajini rightly said: "nAn gundAnA nallA irukkAthu. adhu pOla Prabhu slim AnA nallA irukkAthu".

Some of his movies are nice entertainment and full comedy. Chiina mAppiley and thEdinEn vandhathu are among them.
    "Muththu Engall Soththu" is a 100% comedy movie. It was very old movie, released before 1990 (if am i correct ?). Starting to the end full of comedy. A must watch movie for a Prabhu fan.

Similarly "Kanni Rasi" also a Comedy cum Sentiment movie, directed by the Director cum Actor Pandiyarajan.

Saran.

Post Thanks / Like
    saran - a prabhu fan?
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys,

Arangetra velai is very good movie....I also like kanni raasi. (prabhu and GM combination)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_karthik
    The main I like from Prabhu is, he never showed and acted as a son of a great actor. He always very simple without any 'bandha'.

Once he mentioned once that he gained this quality of simplicity and free movement from another great actor Jaishanker.
    Yes you are correct,
    He was so simple. Easily he minkled with everybody. If Brabhu is there in the Set, then everybody will be in happy and jolley mood. He spare his lunch with everybody in the Set, including light boy.
    He know his tallent, so he never afraid of acting with any other leading heros.
    During his carrier he co starred from S.V Sekar to Rajini / Kamal.
    Yes he acted along with S.V.Sekar, Mohan, Pandiyarajan, Murali, Vijayakanth, Karthik, Sathyaraj, Sarathkumar, Livingston, Mohanlal, Ramesh Aravindh, Rahuvaran, Prakashraj, Ramki, Sivakumar, Rajinikanth, Kamalhasan, and the one and only Sivaji Ganesan.
    In Tamil film history no one (hero) has acted as co-hero among the most of the other heros. Somebody may have acted with one or two heros with one or two films. But, Prabhu is the only hero. he acted along with most of the other leading heros without any hesitation. He can dance equally with Kamalhasan, he can fight equally with Rajinikanth.
    This itself shows that, he didn't afraid of any other heros. He know his tallent, so he is ready to show his tallent among others. One more thing; he never argue with the director regarding his role against his co-hero (i.e. he never informed the director, that his role should be lifted among the other fello star).

Saran

Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast