Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Prabhu Ganesan - Charismatic, Affable and Underrated.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas

Raakesh, where are you?

Regards
    Ulleyn Ayya!

Before I get to your list, a few words to the others.

Saradha mdm, thanks for the writeups. Chinna Mappilay has a special place in my heart. Trouble is my heart is not that special.

Anyway, apart from Prabhu, I was very impressed with Radha Ravi. He captured his dad's quirky sense of humour, without resorting to immitate MRR like he did many times, terribly.

Here, both vaarisu excels.

Karthik_sa2, welcome back to Prabhu's thread, and lets keep rocking this baby, and heck, make this thread a lively competition to NT's thread (tough, but can try). We have some excellent participants here, me excluded.

Murali-sar, apologies for late reply. Let me say this and listen to me repeating all the time in this forum:You are the man with the most powerful memory I had ever met. You enlighten me with these information and details. Brings me back to my childhood the dates.

Let me go through your own list.

8. Neethipathi - 26.01.1983

I recall an emotional movie. Prabhu's role is that of NT's himself had he done it during his younger days. It was only of recent I found out (Through Top 40 NT song DVD) that Gangai Amaran did the music. Never underestimate that man. There is another emotional song in that movie, almost echoing Neeyum Nanumaa of Gauvaram.

9. Thalai Magan -25.02.1983

Completely unaware of this movie.

10. Soorapuli - 25.03.1983

Vague memory, but remember enjoying it. An actioner too, I believe.

11. Sandhippu -16.06.1983

This one has two NT's in it, so Prabhu's share was sort of minimised – pairing with NT does that a lot. Surprised to know it was a big hit.

12. Sumangali -12.08.1983
    Haha, one of those films I recall disliking because of too much of “sentiment”. Well, I was a kid, and was under my dad's MGR-ised influence. Don't recall Prabhu's part.

13. Raagangal Maaruvathillai - 09.09.1983

Again inspired from Iruvar Ullam, this Prabhu - Ambika starrer had a very good performance from Prabu and lovely songs form Ilaiya Raja. An average grosser.

14. Soorakottai Singakutti - 16.06.1983.

Directed by Rama Narayanan? Must be his better days I think. I think this is the film best represented Prabhu and made many fans where I used to live. Good songs.

15.Mridanga Chakravarthi - 23.09.1983
    Most will remember the climactic, bloody, face off between father and son. But there is more to it in this movie, and Prabhu really stands out, giving his father a run for his money. I recall a Q&A in a paper, on Prabhu's performance, and the answer being, “Pulikku piranthathu....”

16. Vellai Roja - 04.11.1983

Saw it again recently, and frankly I like Prabhu better than both NTs, though the over-the-top police NT was funny, and the restrained priest was an interesting contrast. But Prabhu's role had more angle to it, and he did well.

17. Muthu Engal Sothu - 09.12.1983

Totally unaware of this one.

" நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raakesh,

Thanks for all your kind words. Will continue with the list.

Regards

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Saradha mdm, thanks for the writeups. Chinna Mappilay has a special place in my heart. Trouble is my heart is not that special.

Anyway, apart from Prabhu, I was very impressed with Radha Ravi.
    நன்றி Raakesh
    ராதாரவின் நடிப்பை நானும் மிகவும் ரசித்தேன். அவங்க அப்பா வின், பாவமன்னிப்பு, சபாஷ் மாப்பிளே படங்களின் ரோலை நினைவூட்டினார்.

Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    8. Neethipathi - 26.01.1983

I recall an emotional movie. Prabhu's role is that of NT's himself had he done it during his younger days. It was only of recent I found out (Through Top 40 NT song DVD) that Gangai Amaran did the music. Never underestimate that man. There is another emotional song in that movie, almost echoing Neeyum Nanumaa of Gauvaram.
    நீங்கள் குறிப்பிட்டிருப்பது, நடிகர்திலகத்துக்கு டி.எம்.எஸ் பாடிய..

"தந்தை நான் இங்கே
    நீதிதேவன்தான் எங்கே" என்ற பாடல்.

அப்படத்தில் பிரபுவின் ரோல் நன்றாக இருக்கும். தந்தையால் புறக்கணிக்கப்பட்டு, தந்தைக்கு எதிராக வில்லன் கூட்டத்துடன் செயல் படும் மகன்.

கங்கை அமரன் இசையில், பிரபு ராதிகா ஜோடிக்கு... "போலீஸ் நமக்கு காவல் இருக்கு" பாடல் அப்போது பாப்புலர்.

வாய்பேசமுடியாத மகள் மேனகாவின் திருமணத்தில் நடிகர்திலகம், கே.ஆர்.விஜயா பாடும் "பாசமலரே.. நெஞ்சில் விளைந்த வாசமலரே, மணமுடிக்கும் நாள் வந்ததோ" பாடலின் இரண்டாவது சரணம், நம் மனதில் சோகம் கொப்பளிக்கச்செய்யும்....

"நெற்றித்திலகமும் தாலியும் நிலைத்து வாழ்கவே
    மெட்டித்திருமகள் வாசலை நலங்கள் சூழ்கவே
    உண்மை உரைத்திட வாயில்லாத அழகுச்சிலையிவள்
    கொண்ட பசியையும் கூறிடாத குழந்தை போன்றவள்

உன் வசத்தில் இந்த ஊமைக்குயில் - இவள்
    இன்பதுன்பம் இனி உந்தன் கையில்
    நீ காவல் நின்று காத்திடுக கண்போலவே பொன்போலவே
    பாசமலரே, நெஞ்சில் விளைந்த வாச மலரே
    குலமகளே நீ வாழ்கவே..."

(ஏனோ தெரியவில்லை, அமரன் நிழலிலேயே வளர்ந்த செடியாகிவிட்டார்).

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sarna_blr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prabhu Ganesan Sir, PLS STOP ACTING IN P.VASU movies
    Seven social sins:
    1.Politics without principles
    2.Wealth without work
    3.Pleasure without conscience
    4.Knowledge without character
    5.Commerce without morality
    6.Science without humanity
    7.Worship without sacrifice

Post Thanks / Like
    Why? China Thambi & Chandramukhi were pretty much his biggest hits in his career.
    Colt BOOM BOOM Cabana

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sarna_blr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HBK
    Why? China Thambi & Chandramukhi were pretty much his biggest hits in his career.
    may be... but Kathaanaayakkudu( kuselan) paarunga.... PRABHU is wasted and insulted..... nEththu mozhachcha kaalaangalukku kuduththa importance kooda PRABHU'vukku illa
    Seven social sins:
    1.Politics without principles
    2.Wealth without work
    3.Pleasure without conscience
    4.Knowledge without character
    5.Commerce without morality
    6.Science without humanity
    7.Worship without sacrifice

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    HBK,

Chinna Thambi benefited from Prabhu's acting and Ilayaraja (and the great Gounds), otherwise script is poor. CM owes it to...well Rajini, Vadiveloo, and the climax, but is not a strong movie, and Prabhu is second fiddle.

Sarna is right, Prabhu never benefitted, talent-wise, from P. Vasu. Vasu is a hack director, very inconsistent.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Continuing with Prabhu’s Filmography -1984

18. Thiruppam – 14.01.1984

A movie remade from Hindi and directed by Billa Krishnamoorthy. One unique feature was both NT and Prabhu came as Police officers. Jai was the villain. Sujatha would be the ex-lover of NT married to Jai and Ambika was the Jodi for Prabhu. If my memory serves me right, MSV was the music director of this film produced by KRG. In the BO, it was a success and it celebrated 100 days.

19. Priyamudan Prabhu -14.01.1984

Not remembering much of this movie and a fleeting memory tells me it was Viji who acted opposite Prabhu. There was a serial in Savi weekly, by the same name during that period. Didn’t do well.

20. Pozhuthu Vidinjaachhu – 24.02.1984

Here Prabhu would come as a village bumpkin with Sulakshana as heroine and Sujatha (?) as the widowed mother. It was VC Guhanathan who did the movie, I think.

21. Tharaasu – 16.03.1984

Puratchidasan more famous for dubbed Tamil movies (from other languages) produced and directed this movie in which Prabhu played a double role. NT was there and KR Vijaya was the Jodi for him and Ambika for Prabhu.

22. Raja Veetu Kannukutty – 16.03.1984

This was directed by CVR and Viji was the heroine. This is one movie (after Kannodu Kann) that I missed out.

23. Nyaayam -14.04.1984

Directed by Billa Krishnamoorthy, this was a big hit. Though it was usual village big man, his daughter and the poor but brave hero story, this was received well by the people.

24. Sarithira Nayagan – 26-05.1984

A remake from Telugu NTR movie, which came out after he became the CM. Irony is NTR’s own production company Ramakrishna Studios produced this movie. NT, Prabhu, Saradha and Radha acted in this.

25. Kairaasikaaran – 01.06.1984

It was based on the novel Kaiyilla Bommai written by Raa.Ki. Rangarajan and serialized in Kumudam. SSK films produced this movie and Radha acted as the heroine. Prabhu would come out as a medical dropout and in a particular situation would start practicing as a Doctor. Ilaiya raja- Vairamuthu combo had turned out some beautiful numbers like Nilavondru Kanden en Jannalil, Kai Veesum Thaamarai. This was Prabhu’s 25th film.

1984 Filmography to be continued.

Will come back

Regards

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Murali sir,

I remember Gangai Amaren as MD for Kairasikkaran. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rangan_08
    Dear Murali sir,

I remember Gangai Amaren as MD for Kairasikkaran. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.
    Kai veesum thaamarai is there in my VCD Ilayaraja Hits.
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast