Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Prabhu Ganesan - Charismatic, Affable and Underrated.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivasaayi
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    I like Prabhu for ..

* Elegance in dance ..Inspite of his overweight ,his dance movements are elegant

* ease in comedy ,necessary aspect for a good actor

* Dialogue delivery

* Ellorukkum nalla piLLai image.
    epidi?
    annan rajnikanth

annan kamala haasan

periappa kalaingar

periappa M.G.R

apdiya?
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Murali-sar,

Thanks for the excellent information you shared, especially of those of Prabhu's hit films.

Being a new-born Prabhu fan, I am indeed astonished to learn of his achievement in '88. As requested earlier, I hope you can share with us on what actually brought Prabhu to the industry. In our Gtalk, you mentioned that it was NT's brother who brought him in.

And also, later part what was NTs own take on his son's talent. (I am aware of NT's remark on his son's weight and the horse )
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RAGHAVENDRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Separate thread for Prabhu

Dear friends,
    Oru vazhiya ingeyum vandhuttanya, endru ennai sabippeergal endru neengal aluthukolvadhu purigiradhu. Enna Seyya? Vidhi Yaarai vittadhu?
    Just for joke. It's nice to have a thread for Prabhu. In fact when he entered the film world, and claimed to be a MGR fan, there was very big disappointment from NT fans, and the reaction was very wild in Madurai district (Murali Sir will know how). In fact, our set of people went to the shooting spot of Sumangali and argued with him. That was the past history.
    After almost 26 years he has stood the test of time and as NT would say, he has stood on his own legs. After so much experience, he has now learnt the art of acting and knows the strains and pains his father suffered and sacrifices made by NT. He has matured himself to be a good actor and proved he could don any role with ease.
    Coming to films, one of my favourites is CHINNANCHIRUSUGAL with Mohan. One particular scene was the disclosing of secrets one by one by Mohan and Sulakshana (inspired by Nilavanam). He would have simply excelled in this scene. This film was a commerciallay successful one. And another is the film Pudhiya Sangamam, though this film was a flop due to weak screenplay, his performance was noteworthy. Same applies to Lottery Ticket. Later on his performance matured and he moulded himself.
    Raghavendran.
    விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

Post Thanks / Like
    Chandamukhi la avar ore scenela rajiniya overshadow pandradhu than avaroda acting la highlightnu sollalam

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ragavendra sir, your views and postings are more than welcomed here. When entering the film industry when MGR was the chief minister, claiming you are his fan is a plus point. Plus, Prabhu really is an MGR fan. I am sure his dad did not object to that. Interesting to note that fans argued with him at a shooting spot!

The lists to which you added are interesting. Some films I have never even heard of. Time to search for the films.

OnMyWay, are you referring to Enna Kodumai scene? I felt both Prabhu and Rajini looked unenthusiastic in that film. The energy is missing. Plus the whole film is not exactly about them. And the Enna Kodumai scene has unintentionally become funny. Watch how Ajith mocks it in front of him in Billa.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, I was being sarcastic there..20 yrs a hero va irundhavara ore scene la comedian aakidutchu. Actually,if he reduces his bulk he still looks pretty good but i guess he never had that kinda motivation.. I was always under the impression Karthik and Prabhu pretty had parallel careers with similar kinda box office appeal.Could someone speak more about it. Werent chinna thambi and sentamil pattu his biggest hits?
    Actually there was an article in Hindu on new year's eve about top actors of the year.It was Rajini followed by Prabhu and Vijaykanth in second spot that year.

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rakesh,

Will do it. Right now a bit busy. You know what (the next song).

Raghavendar Sir,

I was wondering about the movie name and you came out with that. Yes , I am talking about Chinnansirusgal. If I remember correctly, both Prabhu and Mohan's screen name in the film would be Mohan and that would create the confusion, right? Was it not Rama.Narayanan who directed the movie? It came in 1982 end, right?

Regards

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    In Maniratnam films:

karthik - Mounaragam (guest role)
    prabhu - Anjali (guest role)

karthik & prabhu - hero's in Agninatchathiram

---------------

Personally I feel that, in most of the dual roles he did, the other actor had a better character / advanage over prabhu's role

eg: Agni natchathiram, chinnathambi periya thambi, vetri vizha, guru sishyan,

not yet seen "kalaiyum neeye malaiyum neeye" (Vijayakanth + Prabhu)

but there is a film by R V udhayakumar (i think his first) - urimaigeetham ... both Prabhu had a better character

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    film by R V udhayakumar (i think his first) - urimaigeetham ... both Prabhu had a better character than karthik

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chinna thambi was a big blockbuster - I believe. My brother who is a fan of Sivaji and Prabu told me that it broke 40 year record at that time.
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast