Page 23 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Prabhu Ganesan - Charismatic, Affable and Underrated.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Quote Originally Posted by rangan_08
    Dear Murali sir,

I remember Gangai Amaren as MD for Kairasikkaran. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.
    Kai veesum thaamarai is there in my VCD Ilayaraja Hits.
    Thanks Joe.
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    yesterday i watched some old movie caLLed SanthiPPu.. gOOd lord, that was hoRRible. But atleast Prabhu was more tolerable than Sivaji.
    Colt BOOM BOOM Cabana

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HBK
    yesterday i watched some old movie caLLed SanthiPPu.. gOOd lord, that was hoRRible. But atleast Prabhu was more tolerable than Sivaji.
    Almost a remake of Trisoolam and it was a big hit at that time .
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Quote Originally Posted by HBK
    Almost a remake of Trisoolam and it was a big hit at that time .

Didn't occur to me, but yes, it had shades of Trisoolam. Being the third lead, Prabhu's role was cut down tremendously, they could have expanded the scope. But the success of this film is a big boon for Prabhu himself. Forget about NT, been there, done that and more, but Prabhu had enough jetpower to move on.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    MMM 080808

Murali-sar, my gratitude. When I told you I wanted to start Prabhu's thread, you said you will support me. And you stuck to your word as always, picking your brain and spending time for this. Thank you sar. I shall go through your list and give my comments. Again, most I saw when I was a kid, and my memory is faaaaar off than yours. Here we go.

18. Thiruppam - 14.01.1984

I recall enjoying this movie. Compared to some of the trash that was coming out that time, this was tolerable - proof of its run I guess.

19. Priyamudan Prabhu -14.01.1984

Never watched this one.

20. Pozhuthu Vidinjaachhu - 24.02.1984

Nyet idea about this one.

21. Tharaasu - 16.03.1984

Annother NT/Prabhu combination. Definitely one of the lower quality ones out of these combination. I recall one of our relatives saying saying the film not fit to be put in a Tharasu.

22. Raja Veetu Kannukutty - 16.03.1984

Missed this one too.

23. Nyaayam -14.04.1984

Vague memory of this one. Maybe its because of the cliché plotline.

24. Sarithira Nayagan - 26-05.1984

Completely unaware of this. I believe they had a TV magazine with same name in tribute to MGR after his passing on.

25. Kairaasikaaran - 01.06.1984

One of my favourite early Prabhu films. It has good fun elements in it, and boosted by beautiful Ilayaraja songs. The Kai Veesum Thamarai is one of my favourite Ilayaraja songs all time.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Continuing with Prabhu's 1984 Filmography

26. Simma Soppanam – 30.06.1984

A movie that would have turned out well had it been allowed to be handled independently by the writer-cum director Krishna (who later changed his name to Vijay Krishna Raj). Instead the producer S.S.Karuppasamy (SSK Films) intervened and the result was the film suffered. NT should have put his foot down but he being the good person did not interfere. Both NT and Prabhu came as Lawyers (NT, I remember would come as a lawyer practicing in Supreme Court). The cast included KR Vijaya, Saritha and Radha and after a long time KVM scored music for a NT movie [the song Pudavai Kattikondu Poovondru Aaduthu was a popular one]. Apart from Chinnansirusugal, the only Prabhu movie for which KVM scored music. It turned out to be an average grosser.

27. Ezhuthatha Sattangal - 15.08.1984

A multi- star cast movie that was remade from Malayalam. It had NT, Prabhu, Jai, Sri Vidya, Nambiar, Nalini and Sarathbabu. NT donned a Islamic character. It had music by Ilaiyaraja and K.Sankar directed the movie.

28. Iru Medhaigal – 14.09.1984

Another NT- Prabhu combo and this time it was from Muktha Films and Muktha Srinivasan directed it. Saritha and Radha were the female leads. Again failed to enthuse the audience.

29. Vamsa Vilakku – 23.10.1984

Again NT- Prabhu. Again remake and this time it was from Hindi Vidhataa starring Dilip Kumar, Sanjeev Kumar and Sanjay Dutt. The only difference was NT acted as the grand father of Prabhu. Cast included KR Vijaya and Radhika. Directed by Billa Krishnamoorthy, it was sort of an underworld don story dealing with revenge and inspired from Hollywood. Was a Deepavali release. But there were two other movies released for Deepavali (Nallavanukku Nallavan and Vaidehi Kaathirundhal) and they stole the limelight. Coupled with the fact Indira Gandhi’s assasscination and MGR’s illness happened during the release of this film also dampened the prospects.

30. Unga Veetu Pillai – 30.11.1984

This name alike (Enga Veetu Pillai) directed by CVR was inspired from a James Hadley chase novel. Hero meets with an accident and suffers an amnesia attack and his efforts to unravel the mystery behind the happenings formed the basis of the screenplay. The only film Poornima Jayaram acted opposite Prabhu. I remember Charuhassan was the Doctor who would treat Prabhu. Prabhu did a very good job without going overboard. A much sleeker screenplay and better marketing could have made the film run better. Getting released in the midst of one of the hottest election campaigns [1984 Parliament & Assembly] also did not help.

Regards

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Murali sir,

thanks for your contineous posts about the filmography of Prabhu, in between your other schedules in other threads (esp. paadalkaL palavidham and NT thread).

we are compiling the list, with your valuable comments and informations.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasnt priyamudan prabhu directed by a pandiarajan assistant? I remember vaguely attending a celebration in a hotel for the inaguration of this movie. Prabhu actually pinched my cheeks and said something like "chamarthu payyan" and signed an autograph for me. He was very, very gundu is all i can remember. My memories are mixed up seeing pandiarajan for some reason there. Maybe the kanni raasi connection.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    'பாலைவன ரோஜாக்கள்'

பூம்புகார் ப்ரொடக்ஷன்ஸ் சார்பில் முரசொலி செல்வம் தயரித்த இப்படத்துக்கு திரைக்கதை வசனம் எழுதியவர் கலைஞர் மு.கருணாநிதி. அப்போது அவரது கட்சி எதிர்க்கட்சியாக இருந்ததால், ஆளும் அரசை (முதல்வர் எம்.ஜி.ஆர்) சாடும் வசனங்கள் மிகவும் சூடாக இருந்தன.

மலையாள மெகா ஸ்டார் மம்மூட்டி, மலையாள சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் மோகன்லால் இருவரும் இணைந்து நடித்த திரைப்படம் தமிழில் ரீமேக் செய்யப்பட்டது. மம்மூட்டி ரோலில் சத்யராஜும், மோகன்லால் ரோலில் பிரபுவும் நடித்தனர். மேலும் கலெக்டர் ரோலுக்குப் பொருத்தமாக லட்சுமி, நளினி, சிவச்சந்திரன், வினு சக்ரவர்த்தி, மலேசிய வாசுதேவன், மாதுரி உட்பட பலர் நடித்திருந்தனர்.

பிரபுவுக்கு முரட்டு நாயகன் வேஷம், முகத்தில் எப்போதும் முறைப்பு. சுதந்திரப் போராட்ட தியாகியின் மகனான இவருக்கு, அப்பா வருவோர் போவோரிடமெல்லாம் தன்னுடைய பொறுப்பில்லாத்தனம், முரட்டுத்தனம் பற்றி அங்கலாய்ப்பது கண்டு கோபம். (தியாகியாக எஸ்.ஏ.கண்ணன். இன்னும் கொஞ்சம் முதியவராக காட்டியிருக்கலாம்).

கலைஞர் கருணாநிதி, திரைப்பட உலகில் கொஞ்ச நாள் இடைவெளிவிட்டு மீண்டும் மீண்டும் அவதாரம் எடுப்பது வழக்கம். முதல் அவதாரத்தில் மந்திரிகுமாரி, பராசக்தி, மனோகரா உட்பட பல படங்கள். இரண்டாவது அவதாரம் எடுத்தது பூம்புகார் படத்தில். அந்த அவதாரத்தில் பூம்புகாரைத்தொடர்ந்து பூமாலை, மறக்க முடியுமா?, அவன் பித்தனா?... போன்ற படங்களைத்த்ந்தார். பின்னர் கொஞ்சம் இடைவெளிவிட்டு மூன்றாவது அவதாரத்தில் அவர் தந்தவை வண்டிக்காரன் மகன், ஆடுபாம்பே, நெஞ்சுக்கு நீதி, காலம் பதில் சொல்லும், குலக்கொழுந்து உள்ளிட்ட படங்கள். பின்னர் பாலைவன ரோஜாக்களில் அவர் எடுத்தது நான்காவது அவதாரம். அதில் பாலைவன ரோஜாக்கள், பாசப்பறவைகள், பாடாத தேனீக்கள், தென்றல் சுடும் உள்ளீட்ட பல படங்கள். இன்னும்கூட சோர்ந்துவிடவில்லை. கண்ணம்ம்மா, பாசக்கிளிகள், மண்ணின் மைந்தன், உளியின் ஓசை என்று கலக்கிக்கொண்டுதான் இருக்கிறார்.

1986 தீபாவளி நாளன்று வெளிவந்த 'பாலைவன ரோஜாக்கள்' படம் சென்னை சாந்தி அரங்கில் திரையிடப்பட்டது. இதில் ஒரு வேடிக்கை, அந்த தீபாவளியன்று சிவாஜி புரொடக்ஷன்ஸ் சொந்தப்படமான 'அறுவடை நாள்' பிரபு, மற்றும் ராம்குமார் நடித்து வெளியானது. அதுகூட சாந்தியில் வெளியாகவில்லை. அதே தீபாவளியன்று நடிகர்திலகம் நடித்து வெளியான 'லட்சுமி வந்தாச்சு' படமும் வேறு அரங்கிலேயே திரையிடப்பட்டது.

(எனக்கு தோன்றியவரையில், நடிகர்திலகத்துக்காக மலேசிய வாசுதேவன் பாடிய பல பாடல்களில் மிகச்சிறந்தது 'லட்சுமி வந்தாச்சு' படத்தில், புல்வெளியில் ஜமுக்காளம் விரித்து அதில் நடிகர்திலகம் தபேலா வாசித்துக்கொண்டே பாட, அதற்கு ஜெயசித்ராவும் ரேவதியும் பரத நாட்டியம் ஆடும் "சந்தன நிலவொளி தந்தனள் எனும்படி ஆடடி பூமகளே" என்ற பாடல்தான் (வார்த்தைகள் சரிதானா?). மற்றபடி 'பூங்காற்று திரும்புமா', 'தேவனின் கோயிலிலே' பாடல்களை யார் வேண்டுமானாலும் பாடிவிடலாம்).

'பாலைவன ரோஜாக்களின்' மாபெரும் வெற்றி பிரபு, சத்யராஜ், இயக்குனர் மணிவன்னன் ஆகியோரின் மார்க்கெட் ரேட்டை வெகுவாக உயர்த்தியது என்பது உண்மை.

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    saradhaa,

Good post about Paalaivana Rojakkal. You had brought out the relevant points. The original Malayalam fim was Vaartha and it was directed by I.V.Sasi. The dialogues were quite popular [ரயில் என்ஜினை திருடினவனை விட்டுட்டு கரித்துண்டை பொறுக்கனவன் மேலே நடவடிக்கை எடுக்கறீங்களே].

Raakesh is busy. Let him comment and we will proceed.

Regards

Page 23 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast