Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: non-IR projects that hubbers feel would've been good for IR

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Kamal confirms ARR for Marmayogi !

http://www.hindu.com/2008/06/25/stor...2558530200.htm

"Mr. Haasan said he was looking forward to working with the music wizard in his next project ‘Marmayogi’ "

Now I am at least 75% sure he is going to continue this association to Marudha Nayagam.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think there's a rift between Raja and kamal. He's talking a lot about MSV these days

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shankar

I totally agree with you that there is a rift between Kamal and Raaja.

There are 3 instances which prove that.

1. In Vairamuthu son's marriage,when Bharathidasan told that Vairamuthu is arrogant and stubborn, Kamal responded that he is so only to those people who are the same and want to suppress him (indirectly referring to raaja)
    2. In CNN/IBN interview for Dasavatharam, kamal dodged a question on why did not use Raaja. He said its a business decision and did not directly answer the question.
    3. There was an unwritten agreement between Raaja and Kamal that Raaja would score music for all Rajkamal movies. This is being overwritten now.. Rehman scores music for Marmayogi (rajkamal productioon - kamal direction)..
    Definitely something has happened which has created a rift between Raja and Kamal.
    May be better for Raja.. Only time can tell..

Post Thanks / Like

1. In Vairamuthu son's marriage,when Bharathidasan told that Vairamuthu is arrogant and stubborn, Kamal responded that he is so only to those people who are the same and want to suppress him (indirectly referring to raaja)
    2. In CNN/IBN interview for Dasavatharam, kamal dodged a question on why did not use Raaja. He said its a business decision and did not directly answer the question.
    3. There was an unwritten agreement between Raaja and Kamal that Raaja would score music for all Rajkamal movies. This is being overwritten now.. Rehman scores music for Marmayogi (rajkamal productioon - kamal direction)..
    Definitely something has happened which has created a rift between Raja and Kamal.
    Nobody believed when I told this before few months.

Even for Dasavatharam's music he told "you will get the joy of MSV tunes when you hear it"

Poi tholaiyattum vidungal..
    I really think it is only good for IR !
    Who can forget how this guy as a director butchered IR's amazing songs for Virumandi ?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it is time for IR to hang the sign "Going out of Business".

It is impossible to be 'likeable' by everybody. But the list of people annoyed (and moving away) with IR seems to be growing. Atleast for me, I am beginning to accept that it wasn't IR's fault. It is like 1000 people saying something wrong wiht one person - then there must be truth behind it. 1 person against 1000 doesn't hold good.

What a shame!. IR - what's going on!!. we don't carry anything when we leave the world. I am sur your music will live on forever, but not your personality.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is everyone so pessimistic? Dunt everyone realised IR has already done everything before Rahman came in. Films dunt give a challenge to IR anymore and you can see from the projects he chooses that he is not in the commercial business. I already have repeated he is there for the BGM. And anyway his interest still remains in non-music projects. Please stop trying to interpret IR as a commercial MD, he is way more than that. If he wanted to continue being in the top commercially, dunt you think he would have said yes to rajini,kamal and co when they still wanted him and rahman was on the rising?

Think again guys and enjoy what he is giving you now instead of focussing on this and that. BTW Marmayogi is supposedly produced by rahman or walt disney, not rajkamal..where did you get that info from?

And raja was not involved in dasa-avatharam due to the director being KSR and the producer insisting on a "saleable" MD. Well Kamal might not have been referring to raaja as people wanted to suppress him as well. And anyways raaja always gave in to kamal so that theory is down as well.

If MSV is hailed that should not be against IR. If he hailed rahman then we know its against IR but still it may be a "business" comment.

People like raja-fan, learn to believe that the times of IR being a commercial MD ended when he moved on with how to name it and then the symphony. Or dunt try to bring down the mood of other fans.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In Indiaglitz also, they confirmed the same...

But still, I hope he will come back for MN to IR...

after all, MY is just a fund-raiser for him to produce MN...

Though MY will be under Rajkamal productions, it is on a first copy basis which means the actual production house will be Pyramid Saimira... where they need commercially successful MD in their opinion...

someone mentioned that in one of this interviews kamal said he could not work because of the same commercial value..

but in the same interview before admitting the above point he told that he went on to IR who was the best in this business..

it could be KSR-IR conflict also OR the type of concept he had taken in DA (No GOD) just like in Anbe Sivam...

IMO, KH should not work with IR unless it is completely from RK production... then only he will have the liberty to get the best from IR

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vssathish
    Hi Shankar

I totally agree with you that there is a rift between Kamal and Raaja.

Raaja had seen dasavatharam and had appreciated the movie ( Cofee with anu -> Crazy Mohan)

Post Thanks / Like
    People like raja-fan, learn to believe that the times of IR being a commercial MD ended when he moved on with how to name it and then the symphony. Or dunt try to bring down the mood of other fans.

Hulkster,

When did i bring down your mood ?!!
    I told "Nothing to lose for IR". Please read the posts well before such accusations.

IR did HTNI and the symphony when he was well at the peak as a commercial MD. Check your facts well.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber crajkumar_be's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster
    BTW Marmayogi is supposedly produced by rahman or walt disney, not rajkamal..where did you get that info from?
    Marmayogi will be produced by Raajkamal Films International for Pyramid Saimira on a first copy basis.
    BTW, A.R Rahman was the first to be signed for this project by Raajkamal, even before the producer (and cast/crew) was finalized.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast