Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Memories Of Greatest Cricketers - - #8 Shane Warne

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trescothick, when asked about Murali
    When asked what he thought Trescothick once said "it depends on whether I've just got out to him or not
    Sums up part of the reaction to Murali, though not all, lest people misinterpret

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pataudi passes away ! :(

Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi passed away on Thursday.

May his soul rest in peace.

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/edit...cle2476838.ece
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Sums up part of the reaction to Murali, though not all, lest people misinterpret
    Thanks for small mercies
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber wizzy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the best of warnie dismissals..the delivery which cleaned up chanders

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enough of Warne. Can we start honouring Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards. First of all, what a name! pEra kEttAle adhirudhu. Kamaan Richards fans.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ellaam solli dhaan ketrukkaen...
    never seen him playing... links?
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mgb's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Enough of Warne. Can we start honouring Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards. First of all, what a name! pEra kEttAle adhirudhu. Kamaan Richards fans.
    thirumbavum first'la irundha?

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    England Test captain Andrew Strauss retired from all forms of cricket on Wednesday, ending a distinguished 14-year career in which he led his country to home-and-away Ashes series wins and to the top of the Test rankings for the first time.

The 35-year-old Strauss, who will be replaced as Test captain by fellow opening batsman Alastair Cook, blamed a dip in form with the bat as the primary reason for his “difficult decision.” “I haven’t batted well for a long time now,” said Strauss, who made 100 Test appearances for England - 50 as captain. “I knew with my own energy levels and motivation that I wasn’t going to improve, batting-wise. I’d run my race.

“It’s a hugely sad moment in many ways.”

http://www.dailypioneer.com/sports/9...n-my-race.html

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Farokh Engineer names Virat Kohli's wife Anushka Sharma in controversial swipe at [Cricket] selectors; actor terms allegations 'ill-intended lies'

Engineer said that during the ODI World Cup in England and Wales, he saw one of the BCCI selectors serving tea to Anushka Sharma, a Bollywood actor, also the wife of Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli.

FirstCricket Staff, Oct 31, 2019 19:25:22 IST

Former India wicket-keeper Farokh Engineer sparked a controversy on Thursday after he said that the BCCI selectors are not qualified enough to sit in the selection panel. He called them a Mickey Mouse selection committee. Engineer went on to say that during the ODI World Cup in England and Wales, he saw one of the selectors serving tea to Anushka Sharma, an established Bollywood actor, also the wife of Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli.
    "Virat Kohli has a major impact (in the process) which is very good. But how are the selectors qualified? Between them, have they played about 10-12 Test matches? I didn't even know one of the selectors during the World Cup and I asked him 'who the hell he was', because he was wearing the India blazer and he said he was one of the selectors," Engineer told Times of India.
    "All they were doing was getting Anushka Sharma cups of tea. I feel people with the stature of Dilip Vengsarkar should be in the selection committee," he added.
    Anushka responded to the comment made by one of India's veteran cricketers, saying that her name should not be dragged while making sensational statements over developments in Indian cricket. She put out a statement on Twitter, where she wrote that she attended just one match during the World Cup and watched it sitting in the family box and not the selectors' box.
    "If you want to have a comment on the selection committee and their qualifications please do so as it's your opinion but don't drag my name in to substantiate your claim or sensationalise your opinion," Anushka wrote.

https://www.firstpost.com/firstcrick...s-7581261.html

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637