Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Memories Of Greatest Cricketers - - #8 Shane Warne

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warne was fined for interaction with bookie and supplying info (u never know the truth on what was the agreement / info passed / amount exchanged etc), also banned for 1 yr for using banned substance.
    We shud exclude his career as well, right? I mean u never know how many matches he used perf enhanced drugs / interacted with bookies; similar to the allegations against Murali's action which atleast was cleared by the governing body's "Experts"
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not interested in Akthar.

Yes, according to your yardstick Murali chucks, Agreed. But you are not ICC. I dont care if a consensus was manufactured - rulesnA rules dhAn. ippOdhaikku nAnga solRadhu dhAn rules. kattubadiyAgalainA, apramA nInga vandhu mAthikkOnga. Infact, if Eng/Aus regain power, they'll annul Murali's records in retrospect. Let's hope it doesnt happen in my lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like
    When place is given, you grab religious establishment-A?
    idhAnE vENAngaradhu? Why such snootish, I gave you pOnA pOgudhunnu place reactions?

The place is rightfully ours. We took it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, sathya. Good point.

How can you prove that Warne used drugs only when he was caught. That puts in the cloud all performances previous to the time he was apprehended. And the match fixing - ACB mazhuppufied that he sold only weather info. Who knows the truth - because ACB didnt let ICC inquire it. What did they h ave to hide?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sathya_1979
    similar to the allegations against Murali's action which atleast was cleared by the governing body's "Experts"
    The weak kneed governing body which knows all its money is coming from Asia.

sathya, you know your arguments are right on the face of it, but you don't yourself believe the content of what you are saying. It was a pure logical rebuttal to my post, that is all. Do you really find your parallels convincing, is the question.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    Yes, according to your yardstick Murali chucks, Agreed. But you are not ICC.
    Of course. Do you really really believe that ICC's the last word.

When you want ICC is the holy governing body supreme court equivalent. When you don't like it, the ICC is a bunch of white racist, self-serving thugs.

Post Thanks / Like
    The weak kneed governing body which knows all its money is coming from Asia.
    If not for this fact, a lot of autocratic, western powers serving rules would have been introduced and even existing rules misinterpreted in their favour even more consistently than now(powerla illAmalEyE, they are brazenly interpreting rules in their favour)
    So yeah I am not so morally agitated at rules being created to suit Asian needs(actually, the asian powers have been inefficient in manipulating the system, but adhu vera vishayam)

ippOvE ipdi(Crhis broad etc) irukkAngannA, full power irundhA ennenna seivAnga. Arent you glad that those guys arent in power? I mean, atleast Asians are dumb enough not to twist things to their favour as much as these guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, sathya. Good point.

How can you prove that Warne used drugs only when he was caught. That puts in the cloud all performances previous to the time he was apprehended. And the match fixing - ACB mazhuppufied that he sold only weather info. Who knows the truth - because ACB didnt let ICC inquire it. What did they have to hide?
    Plum, as I said sathya, I bow to this as a smart rebuttal rather than as a counterpoint which you genuinely feel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Arent you glad that those guys arent in power? I mean, atleast Asians are dumb enough not to twist things to their favour as much as these guys.
    Nope. I see much less 'twisting in favor' than you allege about Eng/Aus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R
    Yes, according to your yardstick Murali chucks, Agreed. But you are not ICC.
    Of course. Do you really really believe that ICC's the last word.

When you want ICC is the holy governing body supreme court equivalent. When you don't like it, the ICC is a bunch of white racist, self-serving thugs.
    No, it is quite clear. The ICC rules on chucking are in Murali's favour but mostly the other rules are interpreted by Chris Broads and the relevant thugs constantly in white powers' favour. If you dont accept this, you are either blind or deliberately overlooking this. I will keep writing against the ICC for this aspect but atleast some aspects have been set right and Chucking is one of them.

The ICC is mostly a bunch of self-serving, western thugs balanced by a self-serving set of Sub-continental thugs. The sub-continental thugs are crude and dont have the nous to rig the whole system in their favour at all levels. The other side has lost out on financial control, and on related matters but still controls the interpretation of rules with the help of Chris Broads and is running its writ there.

This is the reality.

I dont take either side but I am glad that chucking rules were made appropriate thanks to the shift in power. Else, 1998lEyE Murali's career would have ended and that would have been a blot on Cricket, the game's fair name.

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast