Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Memories Of Greatest Cricketers - - #8 Shane Warne

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine Murali to be a veLLaikkaaran (Aus / Eng), how many of Jury from crookinfo wud have supported him over Warne?
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    sathya, the answer to that is that veLLaikArans and Warne supporters here will loftily claim that no Chucker will ever be allowed by ECB, ACB etc to play international cricket. voluntary-A ban paNNiduvangaLAmAm

(e.g) James Kirtley(periya thillAlangadi, ivaru mattum intl cricket continue paNNi irundhA, England innEram #1 enna #0 enna #-1234kE pOyiurkkumAm but ethics mEla uLLa paRRAla, England indha vAippai volundaryA nazhuva vittAngaLAmAm) is a prime example for this.

avaingaLA oru rule pOttukka vENdiyadhu - thangaLukku edhellAm sAdhagamA irukkO adhai vechu mathavangaLai madakkaradhu. adhe thillAlangadi velaiya mathavanga paNNA, aiyo kolRAnga-nnu sound vuda vENdiyadhu. You know that is a succesful formula be it cricket or politics

Post Thanks / Like
    yes boss! Lots of ejjamples for veLLaikkaran nErmai - jellygate, lever, drugs, underarm, sydney 2008, waugh warne fines, paanding turning umpire..... EvvaLo uthamanunga!
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    sathya, the answer to that is that veLLaikArans and Warne supporters here will loftily claim that no Chucker will ever be allowed by ECB, ACB etc to play international cricket. voluntary-A ban paNNiduvangaLAmAm

(e.g) James Kirtley(periya thillAlangadi, ivaru mattum intl cricket continue paNNi irundhA, England innEram #1 enna #0 enna #-1234kE pOyiurkkumAm but ethics mEla uLLa paRRAla, England indha vAippai volundaryA nazhuva vittAngaLAmAm) is a prime example for this.

avaingaLA oru rule pOttukka vENdiyadhu - thangaLukku edhellAm sAdhagamA irukkO adhai vechu mathavangaLai madakkaradhu. adhe thillAlangadi velaiya mathavanga paNNA, aiyo kolRAnga-nnu sound vuda vENdiyadhu. You know that is a succesful formula be it cricket or politics
    Elaam Serithaan... ithellaam ethukku intha thread la sollikittu?

Post Thanks / Like
    Because pulI seems to be claiming that Warne being unanmiously selected in Cricinfo All Time XI is a sign of "dharmam mIndum vellum"

Post Thanks / Like
    thambi Ramakrishna, ellaa threadulayum digressionE illaama perfectaa Odudhaa (except NT thread)? Oru timepasskudhaan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sathya_1979
    Imagine Murali to be a veLLaikkaaran (Aus / Eng), how many of Jury from crookinfo wud have supported him over Warne?
    Plum/Sathya, why are you starting this all over again ?
    What is the point of 'agreeing to disagree' if you want to keep harping on the point that Murali's problems are only due to a white conspiracy?

It is not at all surprising to us (PB and me) and you (Sathya and you) that Murali is not a unanimous choice. So we are in agreement about this too Only that we have different reasons for thinking why that happens to be the case.

Agree to disagree ellAm solla vENdiyadhu but chance kedaikkarachE agendavai mun vaikkaRadhu.
    yaar naanga. nalla kadhaiyA irukkE.

Murali oru koot bowlernu mattum oththukittA paththAdhu, avar oru odukkappatta, nasukkappatta, vanjikkappattavar-nu oththukkaNumnu neenga dhaan adam pudikkureenga.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me leave out this action problem (classical versus 'offbeat') and come to a more sober example.

None of us have seen Sobers play. ellAm kELvi gnAnam dhaan. Kallis has more runs, centuries and wickets (?) than Sobers. They are direct competitors for the allrounder slot in the alltime XI and no-one has a problem with Sobers being picked.

avinga race mattum vice-versa -vA irundhuchchA, cricinfo tharisAyirukkum.

idhai sonnA naan Macaulay adivarudi 'ngra range-ku solluveenga

btw Macaulay did not say most those things that our hot blooded nationalists claim he did. That is a panjAyathu for a different day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feeyaar, here's my reading
    The committee to pick this XI had Chappell Bro. One of the reports explicitly mention that Chappell would be disappointed about not being able to push Miller over Akram in the first XI. To me, that speaks volumes of the process.
    it is a committee and there presumably were discussions - here's how I see it happening - Chappell making forceful cases for his nominees and losing out on removing Sachin. He then pushes Warne mercilessly and pushes for snubbing Murali - the asian reps are javagalised and just keep their mouth shut about a unanimous decision.
    (And one is not sure if wadekar isn't a classicist too)

Over and above, cricinfo is known to rig expert results too - rahul bhattacharya complained in a previous listing exercise. As to why people don't make more noise about it, well, these are retired cases which can do with a small cut, no?
    So I feel that this was an agenda driven exercise to artificially prop up Warne. Well, the cricketing world is more or less equally divided on warne vs murali so I refuse to believe that there can be unanimous selection of Warne as a natural happening.
    That very fact leads to suspicion - if for instance there was a closer contest even say 9-3, I wouldn't have got suspicion. 12-0 seems too rigged to be true.

That is my grouse - puLi then raised it here as some sort of vindication on classicists' stance on murali - to which I had to respond because this is rigging and then using the rigging to prove a point.

Post Thanks / Like
    javagalised

Plum, call me naive but I have a question: Miller viLayAdi pAthurukeengaLA? And btw I reckon Wasim Akram to be the best bowler I've seen on a cricket field.

indha all time XI-la idhu enakku badA bEjAr. I mean, I have seen Gambhir much more than Gavaskar. But I know it would be ridiculous to base my conclusion only on what I have seen. At the same time I am willing to go only thus far based on others' opinions, hearsay and statistics.

Anyway prachanaikku varuvOm:

Since you gave your version, here is mine:

I don't believe the world is as evenly divided as you think it is, regarding Murali versus Warne. As I've said earlier too, I think, many many people have been helplessly gagged. They are forced to be politely silent and look the other way. edhirkatchikkaaran (racisaum allegers) paarthA enna ninaippAn.

But when picking a World XI, where you are (under the delusion that you are) free from such compulsions, it seems screaming obvious that Murali would not be picked by most people. edhirkatchikkaaran (say Mars XI) paarthA enna ninaippAn.

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast