Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rent in Chennai

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nowhere to Run

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    He is resident of Chennai and I am not sure he even knows where NangunEri is (for those who don't know - it is a small town in TirunelvEli district whose only claim to fame is an old Vishnu temple). !

I think it is because Kalainjar announced there will be a IT park in Naanguneri ,so this guy might thought it should be around mahapalipuram

Already land prices are rising in Nagamalai-PudukkOttai a suburb of Madurai where an IT park is said to be coming up.

In a recent new item I read that TN is the most urbanized state. Our rural/semi-urban infrastructure is supposed to be among the best in the nation and improving. A SEZ in a place like Nanguneri - if it comes to fruition - is really quite an achievement.

Reminds me of an old adage: Inflation is prosperity with blood pressure
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    >>In a recent new item I read that TN is the most urbanized state. Our rural/semi-urban infrastructure is supposed to be among the best in the nation and improving.<<

One of the reasons could be the "possibly-best-in-country" bus transporation services. I used to feel the great difference from TN whenever I had a chance to travel interior in any other Indian state (e.g. KA, AP, WB, UP, MH in addition to KL).

Post Thanks / Like
    ...and the roads. I was recently travelling in a few small towns, villages in Ramanathapuram district. The roads were pretty good. Almost all villages seemed to have the cement roads. I distinctly remember that the cement roads even in narrow lanes initiative was started in early mid nineties. Despite changing governments the progress here has gone on. TN was among the first states to achieve 100% rural electrification. Ramnad is supposed to be notorious for its aridness, but even in the peak of May there were so many large tanks, reservoirs which seemed amply full. I remember a ADB sponsored project in the late nineties which was focussed on desilting and 'repair' of water bodies across TN.

TN's repayment record - both external loans as well as internal is supposed to be among the best. Even when the Centre and State governments have been at odds, TN has never had a problem with getting Planning Commission advances, short terms loans from the RBI etc.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    ...and the roads. I was recently travelling in a few small towns, villages in Ramanathapuram district. The roads were pretty good. Almost all villages seemed to have the cement roads. I distinctly remember that the cement roads even in narrow lanes initiative was started in early mid nineties. Despite changing governments the progress here has gone on. TN was among the first states to achieve 100% rural electrification. Ramnad is supposed to be notorious for its aridness, but even in the peak of May there were so many large tanks, reservoirs which seemed amply full. I remember a ADB sponsored project in the late nineties which was focussed on desilting and 'repair' of water bodies across TN.

TN's repayment record - both external loans as well as internal is supposed to be among the best. Even when the Centre and State governments have been at odds, TN has never had a problem with getting Planning Commission advances, short terms loans from the RBI etc.
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting article on BPO / IT workers:
    http://news.in.msn.com/columns/artic...mentid=1287373

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirumaran
    Quote Originally Posted by MumbaiRamki
    One more Pallikaranian in hub !
    I stay near Balaji Dental College. U?
    Hmm I can guess your residence!

Pallikaranai to East tambaram is a lovely and peaceful place to reside but unfortunately Tambaram-Velacherry road has become most unsafe one for riding bikes Lot of accidents worst than Chennai city!

Regarding rent I think East tambaram, Selayur, Medavakkam are the superb and cheap places to reside provided your office is at OMR.

Senior Member Senior Hubber chevy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyasi
    7K va entha kaalathula irukeenga.. Rent for a 2BHK in OMR is 13K
    7k is what folks pay for HALF a non AC room in my hostel in mylapore!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345