Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazing BGMs

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    bgm and rehman ...

well all that i can say is he has improved and continue to improve from his old days.... few days back .. there was this satyaraj movie... on ktv.. vandicholai chinrasu..... the bgm was soo bad that i had to switch the channel.. for the furst time u feel that a bgm could actually stop viewing a movie.. (not that the movie was good anyway ) ... but you should look at the climax scenes... ARR himslef will be embarassed when he looks back .....

well anyway ... i think he has reserved his best for only a selected few.. dile se... alai payuthey .. KM .. Bombay.. eruvar...were all superior...

I wouldnt say that about swades... except for the occasional pieces.. he failed to deliver in bgm.. a movie soo passionate needed some rockig work from ARR.. though he made it up with 'yeh to des hai' still created a vaccum ...

i think ARR is best when he works with MR...

IMHO

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Sloshed,

I think SWADES had one of rahmans best BGM work.

Normally its only we fans who generally talk about BGM, but when i came out of the theater most of my friends said a few things about the BGM in swades that i got really proud, I felt like I had made those bgms thats how proud i was!

And there just great bits of music spread all over swades, take for example the title track, and the one where shahrukh generates power, I think those were OUTSTANDING, Brilliant....... Those pieces suited the mood and was enjoyable, which is a rarity!

Yeah I agree Rhaman had some bad times with bgm in his early days. And the reason rahman is doing better now on bgm is that, now the movies he deals with have a story, songs arent the main focus.

In his wealry days, I think gentle man was good! Indian, was excellent, I think ill put it this way, It all depended on the movie!

Movies I have been let down with rahmans bgm are Iruvar. Iruvar I think the movie was soooo boring that anything associated with it looked bad! hehe i realise lots of u guyys gonna pounce on me for saying iruvar sucked! But It did! I tried my best to keep my eyes open I never could! it was monotonous!

Ok now to the topic,

Amazinbg BGMS, of the recent ARR films I liked New more than Boyz, New had alot of synth, I t suited the theme of the movie(science)

One of my all time fav Rahman BGM is Mudhalvan. I just love mudhalvan BGM. the title track gibes the Star Was / super man feel, dont you think so?

And Padayappa is Rahmans Number 1 BGM in Mass terms. The Music Exploded for Rajnis dialogue. The intro everything was Top class!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey guys,
    IMO Indian had the best BGMs for shankar - ARR combo. For MR-ARR combo, it is thiruda thiruda and Ayudha ezuthu. Kannathil Muthamittaal was also very good. For Ayudha Ezuthu, he had to score for three varied characters and he did his best for that IMO.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think tha music that comes during the credit titles in the beginning of MAY MAdham when the heroince flees in a train is amazing..... can someone get that please....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MM BGMS'

Quote Originally Posted by raghuraghuraghu
    I think tha music that comes during the credit titles in the beginning of MAY MAdham when the heroince flees in a train is amazing..... can someone get that please....
    EXACTLY. NANA NA NANA NA NANA MAY MAY MAY MADHAM........ DOES anyone knows whose vocal is that?? Anupama?

Post Thanks / Like
    Generally people say that ARR is not good in BGM.Yes in fact ARR underscored in few of his movies but generally he scores brilliantly for each and every movie.Who can forget the youthful melodic BGM in his debut movie "Roja".
    Generally I like his BGM in the movie "May Madham".One of my all time favourites is from that movie-"Margazhi Poove".Can anybody get the BGM soon after the song "Margazhi Poove" where the heroine says about her aspirations to be a free bird .There we can hear Swarnalatha singing the "MP" tune.
    Also another lilting WCM piece is that which comes throughout the movie particularly when the heroine's dad lies to the hero that she is suffering from brain tumour.
    If anyone can get this piece please post it ,so that it will be useful to all ARR admirers and generally all music lovers.
    Generally I feel ARR is way ahead of all except IR in terms of BGM and now he is rapidly progressing towards the standards set by IR.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by music man
    standards set by IR.
    which???when sad he plays nadaswaram & when happy he plays veenai?? ...great 'standard' i must say then....
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Post Thanks / Like
    dinesh ..

you are at it again .. machan .. relax....

though IR sometimes comes up with mundane stuff.... i think he is the standard for bgm ...

even yesterday i was watching 'Marupadiyum' on tv... i wish they release the bgm of the movie... i dont think anybody in india is capable of doing what he did in that moive....pure class ...

Someone pointed something about eruvar.... i think the bgm in that movie is totally awesome.... if i were to show any foreigner abt inidan movies.. i would choose eruvar.. its a book on filmmaking..... everything was soo perfect about the movie... (er.. maybe the ending... well cant do much ..becos its the truth)....

adios

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey come on dinesh,I am too a diehard fan of ARR but sometimes u have to analyse things in the right perspective.I am not saying our ARR is weak in BGM and rerecording department.As a true music fan I can only see ARR scaling new heights day by day and he had shown glimpses in his earlier movies(in the initial movies itself) that he is a man to compose the next symphony.Just watching Iruvar,Bombay,Dil Se(the ending tracks-look out for the French Horn) one surely wonders why people still blame him for incoherent BGM.It's actually poor movies that deserted ARR's success in recent times.
    Inspite of all these in my opinion I think ARR is slightly below IR in rerecording and BGM.I still maintain that ARR will scale greater heights and bring lot of pride amongst us.
    Athallem irrukattum,antha May Madham BGM Konjam search pannunga!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    i think Iruvar and Roja had the best BGMs in the history of IFM..

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast