Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Abinaya Saraswathi B.Sarojadevi Movies

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarojadevi get life time award

Live time award to Dr. Sarojadevi

We all happy to the great achivement of Dr, Sarojadevi to get the live time achivement award by indian government

We congrulate and our salute to Sarojadevi

NEWS

South Indian actress gets life time achievement award

By Behindwoods News Bureau.

June 20, 2008

To mark the end of the Diamond Jubilee Independence Day celebrations this year, the Central Government has decided to honor film personalities with the Lifetime Achievement Award. Four personalities from the Indian film industry have been selected for these awards. The awards would be presented to South Indian actress

Saroja Devi, Bollywood actor Dileep Kumar, singer Lata Mangeshkar and director-producer Thapan Sinha. With Mr. Thapan Sinha being indisposed for quite some time now, the government has decided to hand over the award at his residence in Kolkata. The state's Governor, Mr. Gopal Krishna Gandhi, will present the award in the presence of the Information and Broadcasting Minister of Kolkata Mr. Priyaranjan Dasmu

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

அவர் புகழ் என்றும் வளர்க!

anbu visiri,
    Shakthiprabha

Senior Member Senior Hubber rajeshkrv's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i tamil films she was not made to dance to that extent..

See how she performs with krishnakumari in telugu film rahasyam

other worndeful songs from the same film to show her dancing skills too

watch the entire movie here
    http://www.bharattalkies.com/detail.php?id=5266

Senior Member Senior Hubber rajeshkrv's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kitturu chennamma was a milestone in Sarojadevi's career. Late President Dr.Rajendrapasad Applauded her Performance and gave her Padmashri at young age

watch tanukaragadavaralli
    from the same movie

watch her performance in this scene ..

Mindblowing

Member Regular Hubber lovedeva_pj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajeshkrv
    Kitturu chennamma was a milestone in Sarojadevi's career. Late President Dr.Rajendrapasad Applauded her Performance and gave her Padmashri at young age

watch tanukaragadavaralli
    from the same movie

watch her performance in this scene ..

Mindblowing

You are perfectly right

Her film kitoor ranee chenama gave her great credit and her performance is super natural in many face and also i have seen some kannada film from Sarojadevi her acting talent in many face are extreatemly great, thats way she got many national awards.

Even now she has selected amoung the greatest 4 film personel for the life time award from indian government

I think tamil filmdom is not perfectly used her talent correctly

Long live our Padmabushan Dr.Sarojadevi

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    [tscii]Life time achevement for Dr B Sarojadevi

We congrulate and give our salute to Sarojadevi

http://www.goldentamilcinema.com/web...ainenjam-1.jpg

Dr, B sarojadevi was the talented and respected actress in South cinema, and she is the only actress got many nati onal state awards in south cinema.

Now our great actress Saroja Devi is one among four great film personalities who will be conferred with 'One Time Award for Life Time Achievement' for services to the Indian film industry

By this proud recpeonist from her, is special greatness for south cinema

Here is an article from Hindu Friday, Jun 27, 2008

On the summit of success
    Deepa Ganesh.

“No, no that was too long ago. I can’t remember all that,” is B. Saroja Devi’s swift reply, when you ask her about her early days. For this veteran actor who has had over five decades in the film industry, it’s not so much about forgetfulness as it is about what she holds on to as a lived past. Within seconds of having turned her back on her distant past, memories come cascading; those that proclaim a glorious, successful era. The drawing room, the verandah and the corridors, of her huge, stately bungalow, have etched in them stories of her illustrious days. “Switch on the lights,” she instructs, and glass panels lined up with striking, black and white pictures of the doe-eyed beauty beam at you from all sides. Quite the queen of south Indian films, Saroja Devi acted in over 180 films and in Kannada, Tamil, Telugu and Hindi languages.

Different vocation

“I wanted to be a teacher,” says a fulfilled B. Saroja Devi, winner of the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award. As a little girl, she loved her school, St. Theresa’s. “I was taken in by the teachings of Jesus. Discipline, sincerity, respect for elders, love for fellow beings… all this was taught in our moral science class and it became a part of my life. If I became the most sought after actor and was known for my discipline, I owe it to my early foundation,” she reasons. Like every girl of her age, she too sang and danced, helped her mother with everyday chores, till one day, the senior actor-raconteur Honnappa Bhagavathar spotted her and offered her a role in the film. “‘I’m not interested’, I told my mother…,” but Rudramma was hardly the one to relent. She ensured that Saroja Devi took up the offer and there she was, acting as the lead in “Mahakavi Kalidasa” (1955). Two more films followed. “In those days, films were made in Madras studios, and I was spotted by MGR, Sivaji Ganesan and offers from Tamil started flowing in. I had told my mother that I want to stop acting and go back to school, but that was not to be…,” remembering how things went completely out of her hands.

“My mother was a major force in my life. I can’t recall a single occasion, when I had the courage to go against her wishes.” Rudramma was very pragmatic and a woman of enormous foresight. She took care of her call sheets, her schedule, what she wore, what she ate, her hairstyle… Rudramma, extremely fond of her youngest daughter, also made sure that Saroja Devi got an encouraging gift each time her films ran for 100 days, or 25 weeks, or won a National Award.

“Way back in 1966, my doughty mother imported a blue Chevrolet for me from America. When ‘Sasuraal’ became a huge hit, she gifted me a gold chain… It’s the same one that Rajkumar puts around my neck in ‘Bhagyavantaru’,” she narrates. “My mother was my universe, and to this day, I need someone to tell me what sari I have to wear. I’m a very dependent person…,” she adds.

School went completely out of her life, and she went on to become the highest paid actor (Tamil film industry used to pay her four and a half lakhs!). With “Kalyana Parisu” becoming a big hit, she shot to popularity and began to work four shifts everyday. “I had no time. In between shots, I just shut my eyes and went to sleep,” she recalls. And she literally starved to achieve those enticing body contours, in the absence of gyms and celebrity workouts. “My waist was so tiny in Amarashilpi Jakanacharya, and I worked very hard for it.”

Legendary figures

Saroja Devi acted with all the legends of Indian film industry. Talk about them and she gets energized. “MGR was my guru, I haven’t seen a more generous person. And Sivaji Ganeshan he was so disciplined. Acting was like worship for him, always punctual. NTR played mythological characters to such perfection. And Gemini and Shammi Kapoor were such fun to be with. Sunil Dutt and Rajkumar, I always saw them as true blue Indians, full of right values and charged with a nationalistic fervour. What can I say about Rajkumar, who was my very dear friend? We both shared a very special bond and sought each other’s opinion on many issues…,” says Saroja Devi.

One free afternoon Saroja Devi had driven off in her blue Chevrolet to her aunt’s house in Kanakapura and a budbudike dasayya (folk soothsayer) came straight up to her and pronounced that she was going to get married in a few months to a man who worked with metals. Initially bemused, Saroja Devi soon found herself crying assuming that she was going to marry a blacksmith. Of course he wasn’t a tattletale; soon her marriage was fixed to Sri Harsha, a mechanical engineer with Seimens. “My mother was impressed by his good looks and decided that he was just the right man for me,” Saroja Devi describes her late husband animatedly. But very soon after marriage, she ran into serious income tax problems and her entire property was attached. “Overnight, from the peak of glamour I had sunk to the bottom of an abyss! I had almost come to believe that everything was over for me. But it was my husband who brought me out of this mess. If I’m living peacefully, without any financial woes, it’s because of him,” she says, reminded of the penury in which many brilliant actors of yesteryear lived and died. In fact, it may be wrong not to mention that Saroja Devi has lent a helping hand to many in the industry.

Every big award has come Saroja Devi’s way. She has been the head of National Award jury twice. And has received an honorary doctorate from Bangalore University.

The phone hasn’t stopped ringing ever since the award has been announced. Saroja Devi too is very happy to receive the award. However, she is sad that filmmakers no more write roles for actors like her: “Everywhere I go, people speak of Kittur Channamma and Mallamana Pavada… why can’t they write another role like that for me? Why do they create characters only for Amitabh Bachchan?

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dr Sarojadevi is the greatest actress in south cinema

Thanks Sriharsha,
    Abot the information regarding the life time achevement award for Sarojadevi

Indian government honoured four great film personalities, Sarojadevi in one amoung the four

By this honour Sarojadevi becomes as the greatest actress in the history of south cinema

she got this honour by her various talent including twice as chairman of the State and National award committees and of the Central Board of Film Certification as well. Recipient of various State and National honours including the Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan.

Our salute to our Great actress Dr Sarojadevi

http://www.chakpak.com/photo/sarojad...ype=pp&index=0

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great actress Padmabushan Sarojadevi

The indian government honour Sarojadevi for her 50 years carrier in cine field by the life time achevement awardaward.

Her many films are remarkable and create new record in south cinema, so is very difficult to chose her remarkable film anyway i select
    10 remarkable films in all language

Mahakavi Kalidas 1955 (kannada) - her first film - won national award

Naadodimannan - 1958 first tamil film - Siver jubele film make new records

Kalyana Parisu - 1959 - siver jubele film - knocked many hearts by her excellent acting

Palum Palamum - 1961 - super hit films - touch many hearts by her sentimental acting

Kitoor rane chenema - 1962 kannada -excellent patrotic performance great turning point, got national awar - Padmasiri award

Srikrishana aruchunayoutham - 1963 telugu - super hit methodigical -

Amarasilipi jakkanna 1964 kannada - siver jubele film - excellent expression by dance performance - got abinaya saraswathy title

Engaveetu pillai - 1965 silver jubele - breaking all records

Anbevaa - 1966 - silver jubele - the story make only for the popularity of pair MGR Sarojadevi

Panama pasama - 1968 - silver jubili - even after her marriage films create new records

Bakiya vantheru 1978 kannada - super hit - excellent performance as middle age mother

sorry the list exceeds

like this her many films are remarkable with her excellent performance

Sarojadevi is a super natural artists

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great actress Dr Sarojadevi honoured by president

Sarojadevi won the National Award for her first film (Mahakavi Kalidas, 1956). at the age 0f 14, that was not happend for any other actress in south cinema history, after that she won many national awards including Padmasir, Padmabushan now she receives Life time achevement award in the 54th National award

So I Say Sarojadevi is the Number one great actress in south cinema, there is no any other actress compaire with her

OUR SALUTE TO SAROJADEVI

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    incidentally her name is mentioned in the film Saroja, together with a clipping of her singing love birds..
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast