Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Abinaya Saraswathi B.Sarojadevi Movies

Hybrid View

Member Regular Hubber lovedeva_pj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Doctorate for Sarojadevi

Doctorate for Sarojadevi

The greatest actress padmabhushan Sarojadevi gets honoured as Doctorate. This Professional award givenfrom bangalore university.

She already got many professional awards like padmasiri, now she got another valuable credit.

We congraulate to our greatest actress Sarojadevi and we are all happy about her honour.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber rajeshkrv's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    perfect..

she deserves and she's getting it..

Congratulationsto smt B.Sarojadevi on another milestone

raj

Senior Member Senior Hubber sipi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice news... congrates to saroja devi madam

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Though she is a good actress giving doctorate is a bit too much IMO.

Anyhow, Congrats to Saroja Devi

Post Thanks / Like
    righly said, thirumaran.

Totally undeserving. But then most doctrates go to the undeserving only.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [tscii]woww
    She deserves it IMHO since it is from Bangalore University

I thought of opening a thread after hearing this news. Guess stopped it since I thot it will get locked

CONGRATS TO "Abinayan Saraswathi" - "Kannadathu Paingkili" Saraoja Devi

Journey down a glorious lane

Saroja Devi dwells on her eventful past even as she comments on today's trends.

"I don't watch many of the present day movies — there are meaningless songs and dances. Also, what is annoying, thanks to dubbing, is hearing the same voice for virtually every heroine. It destroys the pleasure of watching a film. That these dubbing artistes are not appreciated enough is a different story."

Sitting in the drawing room of her luxurious home, B. Saroja Devi, classic beauty and yesteryear superstar, winner of four state awards for Best Actress, recipient of Padma Sri and Padma Bhushan, actor of over 200 films in Kannada, Telugu, Tamil and Hindi, to her credit answers your questions. "Surely there are some good films too," she concurs. Actually, there are some very finely crafted films and talented directors in Telugu who are also making it big in Hindi movies, like Ram Gopal Varma and Nagesh Kukunoor." Saroja Devi has indeed aged gracefully. She is vice-president, Kannada Chalanchitra Sangha, member, TTD's local advisory committee and Rajyotsava Samiti, and runs a successful business. "I am indebted to my husband, Sriharsha, for my comfortable financial status. He came into my life when I was bogged down in a financial morass, with huge income-tax problems. He had all my tax problems sorted out. He also taught me how to manage my finances. His death in 1986 shattered her. "I have never stopped missing him till today." Her daughter Bhuvaneshwari's death in the prime of youth was the other tragedy that she is still coming to terms with. Her eyes turn moist. "She was a pillar of support after my husband passed away, but God took her away too." How does she cope? "I believe in destiny." She is religious: she observes fasts, visits temples, has a regular puja routine and also practises yoga and meditation. Her guru is Sathya Sai Baba. Her favourite deity, of course, is Anjaneya.

She tells you of a few of her favourite things: the colour blue, silks, sambar and rasam. "And M.S. Subbalakshmi, who sang for my wedding, especially her rendition of Purandaradasa kritis." Who were the co-stars she admired most? "Dilip Kumar and S.S. Vasan for the break they gave me in Hindi, N.T. Rama Rao for his talent, his self-discipline and for the respect with which he treated his co-stars especially women.

And what can I say of MGR? He was my god, my guru. I owe my entry into the Tamil film industry to him. Anyone who approached him for help would get it instantly. "

Saroja Devi says she enjoyed working with Sivaji Ganesan and learnt many things from him. "

A. Nageswara Rao and C. Nagaiah were the other stalwarts." So when do we get to see her on screen again? "Whether it's the big or small screen doesn't matter. When a good role comes along, I will consider it," she says.

ARUNA CHANDARAJU
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    first of all our hartly congraulation to smt.sarpjadevi to another valuable credit.

The actress has great personalities, not only in acting other affairs like
    a chair person in censese board in karnatika film board,
    2 times selected as a head of jury for Indian National film award (she is the only actress got this post in south)
    So Sarojadevi is still in cine field

may be before her marriage she shined as only a beauty queen but after her marriage she gave excellent performance in tamil and kannada films.
    her all time great and unbeatable performance in kannada film "kittur ranee chennama".
    So Doctorate honour for Sarojadevi is perfectly deserve and another credit to her talent.

pls see the link
    http://entertainment.oneindia.in/mov...te-081206.html

more about her
    http://www.myoldisgold.tk

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirumaran
    Quote Originally Posted by smith
    righly said, thirumaran.

நீங்கள் இருவரும் சொல்வது முற்றிலும் சரியே...

என்றைக்கு அரசியல்வாதிகளுக்கும், சினிமாக்காரர்களுக்கும் டாக்டர் பட்டம் கொடுக்கத் துவங்கினார்களோ அன்றைக்கே 'டாக்டரேட்டுகள்' தங்கள் மதிப்பை இழந்து விட்டன.

முன்பெல்லாம் பொதுத்துறைகளில் மகத்தான சாதனை புரிந்தவர்களுக்கு, மற்றும் சமூக சேவை செய்தவர்களுக்கு (அவர்களில் கூட சிறந்தவர்களைத் தேர்ந்தெடுத்து) டாக்டர் பட்டங்கள் கொடுப்பார்கள்.

('உதவும் கரங்கள்' வித்யாகருக்கு இதுவரை யாரும் டாக்டர் பட்டம் கொடுத்ததாகத் தெரியவில்லை)

ஆனால் இப்போது..?. சரோஜாதேவி என்ன சமூக சேவை செய்துவிட்டார் என்று, வீட்டில் சும்மா உட்கார்ந்திருப்பவரைக் கூட்டிவந்து டாக்டர் பட்டம் கொடுக்கிறார்கள்..?. (அது பெங்களூர் பல்கலைக்கழகமாகவே இருக்கட்டுமே).

நிறைய திரைப்படங்களில் நடிப்பதும், நிறைய நடிகர்களுடன் நடிப்பதும் ஒரு சாதனையா?. அப்படிப்பார்த்தால் நூற்றுக்கணக்கில் தேறுவார்களே..!.

எல்லாவற்றையுமே இப்போது கேலிக்கூத்தாகவே ஆக்கி விட்டார்கள்.

Post Thanks / Like

why doctorate for her?

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilaba
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirumaran
    Quote Originally Posted by smith
    righly said, thirumaran.

நீங்கள் இருவரும் சொல்வது முற்றிலும் சரியே...

என்றைக்கு அரசியல்வாதிகளுக்கும், சினிமாக்காரர்களுக்கும் டாக்டர் பட்டம் கொடுக்கத் துவங்கினார்களோ அன்றைக்கே 'டாக்டரேட்டுகள்' தங்கள் மதிப்பை இழந்து விட்டன.

முன்பெல்லாம் பொதுத்துறைகளில் மகத்தான சாதனை புரிந்தவர்களுக்கு, மற்றும் சமூக சேவை செய்தவர்களுக்கு (அவர்களில் கூட சிறந்தவர்களைத் தேர்ந்தெடுத்து) டாக்டர் பட்டங்கள் கொடுப்பார்கள்.

('உதவும் கரங்கள்' வித்யாகருக்கு இதுவரை யாரும் டாக்டர் பட்டம் கொடுத்ததாகத் தெரியவில்லை)

ஆனால் இப்போது..?. சரோஜாதேவி என்ன சமூக சேவை செய்துவிட்டார் என்று, வீட்டில் சும்மா உட்கார்ந்திருப்பவரைக் கூட்டிவந்து டாக்டர் பட்டம் கொடுக்கிறார்கள்..?. (அது பெங்களூர் பல்கலைக்கழகமாகவே இருக்கட்டுமே).

நிறைய திரைப்படங்களில் நடிப்பதும், நிறைய நடிகர்களுடன் நடிப்பதும் ஒரு சாதனையா?. அப்படிப்பார்த்தால் நூற்றுக்கணக்கில் தேறுவார்களே..!.

எல்லாவற்றையுமே இப்போது கேலிக்கூத்தாகவே ஆக்கி விட்டார்கள்.
    He
    You are totally wrong my dear
    Doctorate is perfectly desrves her well

She may be now not involve in tamil cinema but in karnatika she is an emmenent person still she is till active in kannada cinema like chari person in kannada censeser board and also charity affairs and social affairs in Karnatika.

Emmenent insitution always select for these awards only for a suitable person that is not count the number films they act , they are many artists acts more number of films than sarojadevi, so the selection depends their talent and their presentation in their fields.

Criticizem is always every where. thats normal

Any way the greatest actress got great award .
    We all happy about her honour

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast