Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Universal Truth of "God Supreme"

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anbu_kathir
    If you believe anyone is an 'ordinary' soul who doesn't understand these things, or that I or anyone is somehow 'higher' because I or that someone does understand, so it will be, for you! I don't care about these anyway, there is no such thing as ordinary, higher, lower etc..in my world.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Universal Truth of "God Supreme"

Quote Originally Posted by virarajendra
    'One and only' Ultimate - the "God Supreme"
    All will accept this ..but everybody will argue that the one they worship is the real GOD supreme.
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Senior Member Regular Hubber pizzalot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So many religions.. but why is there always Master-Servant rhetoric ? Why is the Supreme .. Almighty stuff ? Why is "worship" instead of "homeage" or "respect" or "just hello .. or a bye" , even assuming that there is "One" ? Does "The Supreme Being" expect that I worship him ?

Could He or She actually was a creature from more advanced Culture that was alien to the society ? What if "God the Supreme" is already lost along with that culture, leaving behind only "knowledge" ? (Like Veda, Genesis, Scriptures etc)

Why so many "He" and very few 'shes" in the religions mentioned ? Is that because of too much testosterone in the religion ? Is it a proof that "The Supreme" is in man's imagination only ?

And not to mention "The Supreme Being" are realized by those who lived in the past and some belief is always needed .. cannot be seen and can only be realized .. rhetorics.

Even assuming he is for real and he is found out .. (just like some people claiming to have discovered anti-matter,black hole etc) what happens next ? Does our relationship with him change ? Will we still revere him ?
    Albert Einstein
    "Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"

Post Thanks / Like
    HI pizzalot, I shall try to share my opinion based on how little I know.

Anbuk kathir and others who are much more wiser can guide me wherever I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzalot
    So many religions.. but why is there always Master-Servant rhetoric ? Why is the Supreme .. Almighty stuff ?
    Because one is complete or realised and other is not so!
    The master servant theory is for ppl in different steps of realisation.

Why is "worship" instead of "homeage" or "respect" or "just hello .. or a bye" , even assuming that there is "One" ? Does "The Supreme Being" expect that I worship him ?
    No you need not worship. You can just say hello or hi or talk to the
    so called supreme thing. There is nothing like 'something is supreme and other is not'. Definitely it does not EXPECT you to worship .

suppose,

human + knowlege = wise person
    human - knowledge = Ignorant person

human however REMAINS the same and IS THE SAME with or without knowledge.

So, the supreme being and the ordinary beings are ESSENTIALLY the same. Application of knowledge is limited or lacks in the ordinary beings.

Could He or She actually was a creature from more advanced Culture that was alien to the society ? What if "God the Supreme" is already lost along with that culture, leaving behind only "knowledge" ? (Like Veda, Genesis, Scriptures etc)
    There is NOTHING SEPERATELY called GOD, which u can term as HE OR SHE or a creature.

GOD is plain EXISTENCE.

Why so many "He" and very few 'shes" in the religions mentioned ? Is that because of too much testosterone in the religion ? Is it a proof that "The Supreme" is in man's imagination only ?
    God is NATURE. Most hes and shes are PERSONIFICATIONS of nature.

And not to mention "The Supreme Being" are realized by those who lived in the past and some belief is always needed ..
    Right here, in this world, in current era, THERE ARE REALISED souls. They just dont say it out or talk about it (because it cannot be explained theoritically it has to experienced)

cannot be seen and can only be realized .. rhetorics.
    yes. Its ITS AN EXPERIENCE, not an entity

Even assuming he is for real and he is found out .. (just like some people claiming to have discovered anti-matter,black hole etc) what happens next ? Does our relationship with him change ? Will we still revere him ?
    We become THAT. Where is the question of revering something when EVERYTHING around is just THE SAME THING

Senior Member Regular Hubber pizzalot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Shakthi. Actually I know there is no correct answer. The ideas was to see how differently you see things based on your experience.

Now another question. God= Existance. God=Me. So I always existed, correct ?

So did I exist before birth ? As what ?
    Albert Einstein
    "Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzalot
    So did I exist before birth ? As what ?
    Answers may be given. But how do we know if it is true or false? What logic would one apply to it?

Love and Light.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    " The case of ordinary Jivas is like that of the salt - doll which attempting to sound the depths of the ocean melted into it. Do you see? The sum and substance of it is -- you have only got to know that you are Eternal Brahman. "

Aaha...only Masters can put it so eloquently.

Love and Light.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brought Forward

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by virarajendra
    Brought Forward
    Its kind of sad that the "Universal truth of God-Supreme" should be 'brought forward' now and then

Just kidding.. thanks virarajendra.

Love and light.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast