Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Is SC's verdict on reservation good for our development ?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is a digression from the topic of the thread, but my anger at the increasing callous practices in the medical profession, the clever, crooked ways they have to fleece a patient also causing unnessary physical & mental trauma to the patient & the relatives. They spend so many lakhs to get a seat in the medical college, spend many more lakhs to set up a semi-posh clinic & run it like a business firm utterly forgetting the nobility of their profession.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

A good judgement

This is a controversial verdict. Reservation for Dalits is justified but for OBCs its stretching the point. But the fact that the cremay layer should be excluded is a welcome decision and needs to be praised.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Point was ,This Vote Bank politics has to stop enough of reservations on every single caste and tribe.

Than again divided them in to Ice cream, Face cream, You scream.

If ---- headed politican even thinks straight the policy should be very simple. if a kid wants to study something MBBS , IIM ,IIT if he or she has wat it takes. Than Govt should fund the scholarship No questions asked.

The Money spend on several commission to understand which caste and tribe needs what is more than sufficient to educate Students who are in need of scholarship.

aabhhaa.. when will our people understand all this..
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wrap07
    K Venugopal, one of India's highly respected lawyers told rediff.com on Thursday, "According to today's judgment, the Indian Institute of Management and All India Institute of Medical Sciences will not have any reservation for Other Backward Classes."

Venugopal appeared in this landmark hearing in the Supreme Court on behalf of the Junior Doctors Association of AIIMS, New Delhi.

Explaining the reason behind it, he said, "Justices Arijit Pasayat, C K Thakker and Dalveer Bhandari has clearly said in their judgment that you ceased to be OBC when you are educated and attain graduation. Test of the OBC is social and educational backwardness. It says "and", that means if you are not educationally backward you are not OBC. The court has accepted the argument that if you are able to graduate you are not entitled to reservation."

"Not only IIMs, but even AIIMS and such other centres of higher learning will not have any OBC reservation," Venugopal added.

While putting the entire judgment in perspective Venugopal said, "This balanced judgment has scaled down the huge volume of OBC to the core level of OBC. This judgment has upheld the economic criteria of 1993 depriving large number of members of OBC from benefiting from reservation. It is a serious setback to the government who wanted to fill up prestigious institutes with OBC quotas. Today's judgment has kept graduation as the 'cut-off' point that will reduce the numbers of beneficiaries of OBC reservation."

"The 1993 criteria to decide 'creamy layer' amongst OBC section says that people with landed property, all government employees above Class II, all OBC families with monthly income of Rs 20,000 (gross annual income of Rs.2.5 lakh and above ) etc. are barred from availing any reservation from now onwards," Venugopal said.
    truly a landmark judgement....

Explaining the reason behind it, he said, "Justices Arijit Pasayat, C K Thakker and Dalveer Bhandari has clearly said in their judgment that you ceased to be OBC when you are educated and attain graduation. Test of the OBC is social and educational backwardness. It says "and", that means if you are not educationally backward you are not OBC. The court has accepted the argument that if you are able to graduate you are not entitled to reservation."

"Not only IIMs, but even AIIMS and such other centres of higher learning will not have any OBC reservation," Venugopal added.
    icing on the cake ...........
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hehhehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshan
    Can any body provide some links related to the matter being discussed? Would like to know more.
    When did you become veteran.. bro.

Post Thanks / Like
    K Venugopal, one of India's highly respected lawyers told rediff.com on Thursday, "According to today's judgment, the Indian Institute of Management and All India Institute of Medical Sciences will not have any reservation for Other Backward Classes."

Venugopal appeared in this landmark hearing in the Supreme Court on behalf of the Junior Doctors Association of AIIMS, New Delhi.

While putting the entire judgment in perspective Venugopal said, "This balanced judgment has scaled down the huge volume of OBC to the core level of OBC. This judgment has upheld the economic criteria of 1993 depriving large number of members of OBC from benefiting from reservation. It is a serious setback to the government who wanted to fill up prestigious institutes with OBC quotas. Today's judgment has kept graduation as the 'cut-off' point that will reduce the numbers of beneficiaries of OBC reservation."

"The 1993 criteria to decide 'creamy layer' amongst OBC section says that people with landed property, all government employees above Class II, all OBC families with monthly income of Rs 20,000 (gross annual income of Rs.2.5 lakh and above ) etc. are barred from availing any reservation from now onwards," Venugopal said.
    excellent

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by always

excellent
    rediff news-la theeya vekka.... ....read the judgement again in all the papers/news sites......all IIMs and AIIMS are included in this reservation judgement............all i can say is i'm shattered........all the struggle of those students have gone in vain.......

i mean, take a bow, indian law - y wud a REC passed out engineer need reservation in IIM - only india possible .....i completely support reservation in schools,colleges but y in higher education?? i mean the person has already graduated rite??? how is he backward then????.....i studied with a real estate builders' son in my engg days.....he was a SC and he used to pay meagre fees bcos of his SC/ST credential.......and me, my father used to struggle to pay the entire fees just bcos my f**king forefathers oppressed people 100 yrs back.........enga appavaadhu engala padikka vechhittaru, naanga eppadi enga pulla kuttingala padikka vekka poromo?? .......pesama, rendu maadu vaangi kuduthhu meikka sollalaam...... ........this is what indian govt. and indian law want to happen to the so-called forward castes...........

Indian govt. and Indian law are clearly oppressing a certain section of people...... .........

_________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Would like to know how the 'creamy layer' is defined. Informed hubbers please comment.
    இந்த நிலையில் பாலாடை பட்டியலில் குறிப்பிடப்பட்டியிருக்கும் வகுப்பினரைப் பார்ப்போம்.

மாணவரின் பெற்றோர் ஒருவர், இரண்டாம் கட்ட அலுவலராகவோ, அதற்கு மேலாகவோ இருந்தால்(அரசு/தனியார்), பெற்றோரில் ஒருவர் தொழில் நெறிஞ்சராக (Professional) இருந்தால், வரம்பிற்கு உட்பட்ட நிலம் வைத்திருந்தாலோ (விவசாய/காலி), 1லட்ச ரூபாய், அல்லது அதற்கு அதிகமான வருட வருமாணம் இருந்தாலோ, இட ஒதுக்கிட்டிற்கு தகுதியிழக்கிறார்

More here..
    http://tbcd-tbcd.blogspot.com/2008/0...amy-layer.html
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, the defn. of Creamy layer is fair enough.
    OBC should lose their status once they become economically sustainable

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshan
    I have many doubts and questions but inga kEkkuRathukku bayamA irukku
    I think ,you are one who can ask reasonable questions since you are out of the circle and nobody can brand you .
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast