Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Is SC's verdict on reservation good for our development ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Next time someone says 'death of merit' , this should be flung in their faces:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ksnagaraj...9141376/photos
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    தமிழகத்தில் உயிரியல், இயற்பியல், வேதியல் பாடங்களில் அதிக மதிப்பெண் பெற்றவர்கள் யார் ?

http://www.payanangal.in/2010/06/blog-post.html

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow didnt know that such a thread existed, a newbie to the hub, i must say i'm genuinely surprised to see people arguing both sides of the argument without letting their emotions take over and most importantly without resorting to cliches like 'merit first' and 'every one's equal'. In fact pretty happy to see the 'death of merit' claims squashed with evidence, would be interested to see the engg cut offs which I think would be a li'l different( happy to be corrected if I'm wrong)

but a big to most of the hubbers who've put forth their arguments in a sane manner. have learnt lots from this thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R View Post
    Next time someone says 'death of merit' , this should be flung in their faces:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ksnagaraj...9141376/photos
    Its my long held belief that nothing is tougher than getting an admission to a medical college in TN . i feel vindicated . Pasangala nenaicha paavama irukku. One just cannot afford to make any error.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is your scale to measure the deserving people?

Let us analyze the few past histories and analyze the issues on this topic?
    What is the purpose of reservation and why it is required?

Purpose: Spreading the opportunity to all the section of people in an unhealthy competitive situation

Cause:
    1. Social issues - Unethical social hierarchy and discrimination being followed for many centuries
    2. Elites (power and money) and common people divides and discrimination
    3. Suppressed based on Religious identity
    4. Rural and Urban divides

A quick analysis based on current situation:
    1. Social issues - Once considered as an issue, now people are using this for political opportunity by the elites. Now Indian Politics is driven by social divides and religion divides
    2. Elites - Volatile in nature, there is no clear method available for segregating them dynamically
    3. Religious - Not required except in Govt jobs
    4. Rural and Urban - To be added

Current reservation analysis:
    1. SC/ST - There is a exclusion clause devised in the name of Religion to control them migration/converting to other religion for political reasons, this is also an unethical practice in the current SC/ST reservation, which has to be removed
    2. OBC - There is a exclusion clause added in the name of 'Creamy Layer' or Elites. There is lot of implementation flaw on identifying the real 'Creamy Layer' or Elites, which has to be removed
    3. Religion based reservation - Introduced for two reasons 1. Participation in Govt which called as inclusive growth 2. Political reasons. To be limited to only Govt Administrative Jobs
    4. Rural vs Urban - This is very much required for inclusive growth, at least for the education opportunities. Currently, not available

Cap: Overall reservation should be limited to 50%

Long Term Solution: Reservation will cease to exist or make no significance when economics growth rate is higher than 10%

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324