Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some fun - without offending any

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    SP, u r one of those unfortunate ppl. IMO who dont see the comedy in koundar..........
    You are wrong! I do enjoy his occasional impersonal (softer and low-toned) comedy.

even in the example viv has quoted, he has not exactly made fun of the thiruppugal, he makes fun of the pretentious senthil who suddenly sings this from nowhere.........and yea, comedy has to be based on some funny person isnt it???
    Like I said, only indians, may be esp Tamilians find COMEDY at the expense of OTHERS. Its nothing to feel great about IMHO Occasionally if its done, its fun, TIME AND AGAIN, pulling another person down and showing ur superiority sounds CHEAP (not vulgar no!)

Nagesh used to do comedy on himself, so it appeared decent, but koundar blasts senthil - which is y it seems vulgar or repulsive.........
    To be frank, I LOVE watching kaundamani's comedy ( I love his timing) than AUDIBLE irritating vadivelu comedy He blows my ear drum off.

Now the current trend seem to be U WANNA BE A COMEDIAN, SHOUT UR LUNG OUT

I AM ALWAYS a fan of comedy done by

KAMALHASSAN (he is ULTIMATE)
    S.V.Shekar
    Y.G.Mahendran
    Sathyaraj (there would be nakkal but no BELITTLING another)
    Paarthiban (again nakkal /SUBTLE sarcasm not audible/open sarcasm)
    Rajnikant is okei (it has more to do with his body language)

To all budding comedians,
    PLEASE DONT shout when u wanna be comical!
    Even if u wanna be sarcastic , pls SUBTLE it down, only then comedy is lifted higher else its PLAIN irritating.

These are my HOs
    ______

Okei end dign back to all ur jokes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber karthik_sa2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SP, u r one of those unfortunate ppl. IMO who dont see the comedy in koundar..........

even in the example viv has quoted, he has not exactly made fun of the thiruppugal, he makes fun of the pretentious senthil who suddenly sings this from nowhere.........and yea, comedy has to be based on some funny person isnt it??? Nagesh used to do comedy on himself, so it appeared decent, but koundar blasts senthil - which is y it seems vulgar or repulsive.........

ok, back to topic.......as told by my dad: when i was kid, i used to go bonkers for "raasathi unna" song from "vaidheki kaathirundhaal".....and as the song goes - "pozhudha aagi pochhu, velakkethhi aachu".....my version would be something like this "LKG aachu, UKG aachu" ......

(bear with mokkai, cos its a 25 yr old joke.....)

yes adhuvum gowndamani'ae poi kalaikra maadhiri kaamika maatanga...senthil edaaavadhu avara poi vambuku izhuthaa dhaan gowndamani react pannuvaar....its like tom n jerry....

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Friends,

The Goundamani reference in the intro was only to adopt something similar to make fun using TFM song lines.

So, let's not digress more and get some brilliant fun here (In other words, let's keep our usual comparisons elsewhere in the appropriate forums)

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Permit me this digression app_engine

Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    Can indians(esp tamilians) make fun without offendign anyone? Unfortunately Ive not found many!
    Humour is the Siamese twin of offence.

Let me quote someone who put it much better than I can ever hope to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naaga
    Any humour is sadism. To see someone in a difficult situation (ofcourse, with the knowledge that they will come-out unscathed) is 'humour'.

To put them in a physical discomfort is 'slap-stick', to put them in a intellectual discomfort is the 'dialogue-comedy' and emotional discomfort is 'situational comedy'.
    That we take offence only to some offences is a sign of insensitivity - not sensitivity as is widely understood. :P
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12