View Poll Results: FAMILY VALUES.!.. Out dated?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO. Applicable Present days too.!

6 50.00%
  • YES. Wholly unsuited for the Modern Era.

3 25.00%
  • Yes. Partly

3 25.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HUMAN - VALUES.!. Out-dated.?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

HUMAN - VALUES.!. Out-dated.?

. HUMAN - VALUES.!. Out-dated.?

HUMAN-VALUES is the the Foundation-Concept for FAMILY-VALUES

---which is the Subsequent Footing for SOCIAL-VALUES

Ones Self-Principle shapes and develops the Human- Spirit of Family-Values which is an Integral part of Social-Values.

Ones Personal principle is exhibited to others towards the Fore on his approach on Family-Values to start with.

So let us have an Analytical look on how the Spirit of Human-Values is translated into Reality in the present Generation of the Contemporary era.

And is it proper and Better than the erstwhile approach of our previous Generations.?

(1) One section of the present Generation.. especially amongst the Youth, think...

The Family and Family-values are MEANINGLESS... and ARTIFICIAL BINDINGS...

...based on the Elders' Outdated Approach... due to GENERATION-GAP.

Consequently it results in unsought for ADVICES and DOMINATIONS..

...as also unnecessary INTERFERENCES by our Seniors / Elders... on our Individualities...

.. restricting our Freedom of Decision-making... causing avoidable Impediments..

... in Achievement on our Personal Ambitions and Individual Principles irrespective of the Elders self-will.

After all, our Seniors Ripe-age is over... since retired from their Profession/ Occupation.

They may not be physically capable of the due Brainwork.. due to age...

...to Analyse, Discern, and Advise us... as the Best Solution or for any Problem-Shooting... in our present day Life of Youth.

As we are capable of independantly succeeding in our profession...

...independantly earning for our Livelihood and Advancement...

..independantly manage with the Society and the Government..

..we are capable of independantly analysing, choosing and deciding on our personal Life too in all respects.

...even though we are their Sons and Daughters... but now the GROWN UP BIRDS ..

... capable for Independant Free-fly and making Life of our own choice and direction.

So let the Seniors of our erstwhile Family... viz Father and Mother...

...totally RETIRE from the Family Life as well as Decision-making on others affairs.

Similarly our Brothers and Sisters... are of their own Individual Families

Let them independantly fly on their own... without interfering with their Brethren...

...nor we are interested to interfere in their Life matters... being their PRIVATE AFFAIRS

So let our Brethren too keep off.

When the close Blood-relations... Parents and Brethren themselves are thus ALIENATED...

...the Question of Relatives... even the Seniors... does not arise

So we Brethren go for THANI-KUDITHANAM... each one as different Separate Young families...

..leaving our Seniors / Parents in Old-Age Home... Let them enjoy their Retired Life there... all aloof.!!

(2) Contrarily the other Section of the Youth think different...

There is an inexplicable pleasure by Mutual Love in Living as a Family of Parents Brothers, Sisters, Children and Grand-children.

A Family means a Team to face the problems of each and every member concerned JOINTLY AND COLLECTIVELY.

By such an United approach not only we gain greatest strength but also feel our Life-burden lightened.

And on our every problems... when several brains consider independantly... we gain wide choice of ideas by varied Wisdom sorts.

Especially our Seniors / Elders... our Parents are after all our WELL-WISHERS...

They have understood and evaluated us INTIMATELY and MINUTELY...

...right from our Seed stage upto the present stage of Ripeness by Youth...

...such that they know of us very much more... about us.

..as much as a Medical Doctor... knows and can judge the Health of his Patient...

...more than the Patient on himself.

Similarly our Parents and other Elders in our Family know us more

...than what we know about ourselves.

So we gain such an additional benefit towards my present and Future Life advantage.

After all they are my Whole-hearted WELL-WISHERS...

I do not lose anything by just hearing their Advices and Warnings... but DECIDE ON MY OWN.

In the Contemporary Society the Former Category are more found in the so called Advanced Countries... such as US, France, Germany, and UK.

..Whereas the latter category we find more in Asian Countries especially Korea, Thailand, China, Japan and India [especially amongst Sindhis, Gujarathis, Marwaris and Maharashtrians]...

..as also Italy, Switzerland, Greece, Austria and Canada.

Shall we exchange our Thoughts.?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the second category are better.

Well, family values... just because I wish to make my own decisions, doesn't mean I don't respect my elders. I do respect them, and I do value their opinions, but the fact is that the world I live in is very different from the world in which my elders grew up... it's a smaller world now, and people have different aims in life. People have different expectations from life, and things which were not possible before are possible now, so people think differently. Twenty years ago, or even ten years ago, people had fewer options. The traditional path was education employment arranged marriage children family life cycle repeats itself with the next generation. Men were bread-winners, women were home-makers. But these days, there are more options available, at least to the middle and upper classes. Both men and women have job opportunities, more cash to spend, more materialistic comforts to enjoy (it's all available now, thanks to economic liberalisation and globalisation or whatever you want to call it, it's a different world now, different from how it used to be). People give more importance to professional and career success. People have different priorities in life. Of course, certain things won't change, so we do need to take into consideration the wealth of experience that our elders have. But the elders should also understand that not all the rules they followed are still applicable today. Some of the rules have changed.

I am sorry, but I (respectfully) disagree with you on this. Many parents think they understand their children well. But I don't think so... A lot of parents probably don't even have any idea about simple things like what films their children like, what music they like, what games they like, etc. Because they don't bother to find out!!! They try to encourage their children to be like them, i.e. they try to encourage their children to take an interest in the same things that interest them, e.g. a person who plays the violin will probably encourage his children to learn it too, a person who practises Hatha Yoga will probably also encourage his children to follow that. If his children are more interested in playing basketball or in listening to heavy metal music, he will not encourage that. And he will probably not make any effort to understand why his children are more interested in basketball/heavy metal, etc. He will probably just blame the "generation gap". So I don't think that shows any understanding/evaluation.

You can't understand or analyse someone if you haven't been in the same situation(s) as them. For example, when my friend's parents were growing up, they watched films with Sivaji Ganesan, Savitri, Nagesh, etc. They grew up with music from MS Viswanathan, AM Raja, KV Mahadevan, etc. When they were young, religion was a fairly important part of their life. They did not have the things that their son (my friend) had during his childhood - TV, American/European films, TV shows, teen magazines, etc. His parents find it difficult to understand why he's not so interested in religion (he feels that he has science, he doesn't feel he needs religion very much). His parents don't understand why he is so interested in computer games, western music, etc. He can't accept why his parents have so much faith in things like astrology, etc. We Indians are still bothered by things such as the influence of the moon or Saturn on our stars ("Chandra dhisai", "Sani dhosham"etc.) while Americans, Europeans, the Chinese and the Japanese are actually sending satellites and landers to the moon and the other planets. My friend is more interested in learning about that kind of scientific stuff, but his parents don't seem to appreciate the importance of that. They just want him to complete his education, get married and "settle down". They just want him to walk the same path that they followed. They don't seem to understand that to him, there are other things in life that he considers far more important.
    How are we supposed to accept that our parents and elders have understood us minutely?
    "The best form is no form." - Bruce Lee

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as families dont poke their long nose, into the private affairs of kids, its fine enough. Parents supposedly has good amout of right to do so. After a point of time, it should be left to the individual's decisoin. Why do u think they say u can vote after 18? When you are qualified enough to choose ur country leader, u can as well take minor or major decisions in your life. Enough can be educated, but if it goes into deaf ears, valued cannot be coerced upon. ADVICE but dont ORDER.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    . River or FLOOD.?

Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar
    I am sorry, but I (respectfully) disagree with you on this. Many parents think they understand their children well. But I don't think so... A lot of parents probably don't even have any idea about simple things like what films their children like, what music they like, what games they like, etc. Because they don't bother to find out!!!
    Dear "Bipolar"

I fully agree with you.

But you have MISUNDERSTOOD me...

What I had mentioned in my Introduction is... Two Opposite sorts of Image and Impressions...

...from Two different segments of contemporary Youth

...for which each of them have rendered their justifications.

On both the sides in general... there are points COMMONLY ACCEPTABLE ...

...such as Generation Gap (if exists in the respective case)... Domination (if it happens in Individual cases)... Interference (if so)... Deterioration of Brain-energy due to Aging.

But there are EXEMPLARY CASES of Successful Youth... who could manage well...

... overcoming all such shortcomings of his Parents... by duly convincing them and ultimately EARNED THE BEST from the Parents too.

My Statements in the Introduction do not Generalise all the Parents....

...NOR DEFEND the Seniors approach blindly in all cases.

After all... both the sides have their OWN BOUNDARIES... and Functional areas...

...and Reciprocal Duties / Commitments.

So long the Water flows within its bounds of CHANNEL... it is termed as River and duly honoured...

..but if it overflows or crosses its banks / boundaries it loses its name as River...

..but gets a different Name... as FLOOD... an UN-WELCOME TREND.!!!

In such an eventuality... the Flood water is kept off by a Barrage...

... Prevented from anymore Upsurge and INVASION on others areas and...

... Shown a Different direction by Diversion...

...losing its HONOUR and HOLINESS as River anymore.!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Parents always have the best of interests for their children. Though the outlook towards life or way of life has changed, the relationship between parents and children is vital part of any kid's upbringing and his activities in society. Parants may look outdated or may be misunderstood but they want their children to be happy. It is this love and worry for the child that makes them instransigent at times. True that Parents want to decide what their children should be but I think that is a thing of the past. Nowadays, whether Children have the patience or time to listen to their parents is a mute question.

Our elders have followed a system wherein each kid grows up to become a morally upright and good soul. Science without religion will only lead to anarchy. In spite of so many scientific advancements, we are yet blind folded by certain unnatural happendings which has no scientific answer. Even the most advanced countries could nothing before natural disasters.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wrap07
    Parents always have the best of interests for their children. Though the outlook towards life or way of life has changed, the relationship between parents and children is vital part of any kid's upbringing and his activities in society. Parants may look outdated or may be misunderstood but they want their children to be happy. It is this love and worry for the child that makes them instransigent at times. True that Parents want to decide what their children should be but I think that is a thing of the past. Nowadays, whether Children have the patience or time to listen to their parents is a mute question.

Our elders have followed a system wherein each kid grows up to become a morally upright and good soul. Science without religion will only lead to anarchy. In spite of so many scientific advancements, we are yet blind folded by certain unnatural happendings which has no scientific answer. Even the most advanced countries could nothing before natural disasters.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many people really 'know' what is best for themselves? In my view thats a miniscule percentage of the human population. I wholeheartedly agree that parents have the best interests for children. But almost everyone in the society proceeds out of prior mental conditioning.

I think that it is more important to be a 'free' soul, than a 'good' soul, I believe this is what our ancient traditions have stressed, but in several ways been misunderstood and hence misused.

Good or bad is based on conditioning and is subject to change with time. However being 'free' is a totally different thing and there's nothing equivalent to it in the world of dualities.

Solutions of great clarity and perfection can come only out of a person who is free, who does not react to conditioning but comes from inner wisdom alone. Of course, being disciplined, not having bad qualities, habits etc, help in becoming free, but that is all there is to them. They are a means to a state of liberation.

Any 'following', without inner wisdom, does not create clarity but only more confusion, and is ultimately detrimental. Be it religion, science, or anything else.

Love and Light.

Quote Originally Posted by wrap07

Post Thanks / Like
    It is great for children for that matter anyone to become a free soul. But to be a free soul, they must be imbibed the basis qualities and values which can only lead them to be free soul. It is not so easy as it is made out to be. A good soul can ponder over things, balance right and wrong, fine tune the right things and then can aspire to become a free soul.

Children need to be taught or advised as the case may be the, values and right things. We cannot expect children to understand idealistic thoughts though there are some exceptions.

Our traditions and religion has ample scope for questioning anything and everything. We are never shut out. By repeated pondering and resultant thought process, people can achive greater heights.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sarna_blr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one of the best fwds I have received!!

A professor stood before his Philosophy class and had some items in front of him.

When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls.

He then asked the students if the jar was full.

They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar.

He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls.

He then asked the students again if the jar was full.

They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar.

Of course, the sand filled up everything else.

He asked once more if the jar was full.

The students responded with a unanimous "yes."

The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand.

The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life.

"The golf balls are the important things - your God, family, your children, your health, your friends, and your favorite passions - things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

"The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, and your car.

"The sand is everything else--the small stuff.

"If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls.

"The same goes for life.
    "If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

"Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Play with your children.

"Take time to get medical checkups.

"Take your partner out to dinner.

"Play another 18.

"There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal.

"Take care of the golf balls first, the things that really matter.

"Set your priorities.

"The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented.

The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked.

"It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a cup of coffee with a friend."
    Seven social sins:
    1.Politics without principles
    2.Wealth without work
    3.Pleasure without conscience
    4.Knowledge without character
    5.Commerce without morality
    6.Science without humanity
    7.Worship without sacrifice

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast