Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussing Jeffrey Archer's works

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Discussing Jeffrey Archer's works

Topic started by *rak* (@ an7.emirates.net.ae) on Wed Jun 25 04:37:04 .

Iam a die hard fan of his.
    I just wanna find out which of his books do you people find the most interesting. To discuss some of his stories... share ideas on how the climax should have been better etc... anyone??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Daniel. (@ c211*) on: Sat Dec 20 05:51:37

Hi. I have only recently discovered Jeffery Archer through his prison diary VI and immediatley went to the store and brought The fourth Estate, Sons of fortune, Not a Penny more not a penny less, Shall we tell the president, Hounour amoung theives, As the crow flies, Kane and Abel, A quiver full of arrows and The prodical daughter!!

His work is great. I have only read his prison dairy, the fourth estate, sons of fortune and Kane and Abel (I was going for Abel!)

Post Thanks / Like

jaybee (@ 210.*) on: Sat Dec 20 11:31:09 EST 2003

There is also anothet short story collection called, 'A Twist in the Tale'.

Post Thanks / Like

Arun Shivanandan (@ 210.*) on: Sat Jan 3 03:30:32 EST 2004

Most of Archers novels are politics based.Ofcourse,doing justice to the politition in Himself.The best one is 'Kane & Abel' ofcourse.'Eleventh Commandmend' and 'Fourth Protocol' are good.so is 'Shall We....'.'Sons of Fortune' resembles a cliche pattern followed in bollywood movies.'Prodigal daughter' and 'first among equals' lack the thrill,the 1st is a cliche and the second is just politics,something like the author narrating history.Ofcourse,no arguement to the fact that he is one of the biggest frauds in the history.heard that he will have to return his peer-hood.

Post Thanks / Like

justin (@ nsd-*) on: Tue Jan 20 09:11:09 EST 2004

I have a question? What is the "fourth Estate" in his book the Fourth Estate. I want to read it but haven't had the chance yet. What is the significance of the title the Fourth Estate?

Post Thanks / Like

quake (@ 202.*) on: Tue Jan 20 19:48:32 EST 2004

Post Thanks / Like

quake (@ 202.*) on: Tue Jan 20 19:49:20 EST 2004

Post Thanks / Like

hassan (@ 195.*) on: Sun Jan 25 06:27:02 EST 2004

hello
    i know its stupid of me to ask this but in sons of fortune which one of the twin becomes the governor??

Post Thanks / Like

johnbhoy (@ user*) on: Tue Feb 3 08:05:22 EST 2004

Hi folks, I now consider myself to be a massive Jeffery Archer fan after reading the eleventh commandment i then read sons of fortune, not a penny more, not a penny less, shall we tell the president, Kane and abel, A matter of honour and tonight i will begin The fouth estate (can anyone tell me how good it is)Also can anyone tell me if his short stories are any good

re which twin ends up as govenor?

this is a good question and my answer would be fletcher. we know that the mayor is standing between them "When he came to a halt in the center of the stage, the candates took there places on each side of him, Fletcher on his left, Nat on his right, as befitted their political persuasion." And in the last paragraph we are told "The mayor picked up the coin and turned round to face the candidates. He smiled at the man now standing on his right, and said, "may i be first to congratulte you governor."" As it is clearly stated that the mayor picks up the coin then TURNS to face them with the new governor NOW standing to his right. Does anyone know if this toss of a coin rule really apply

Post Thanks / Like

Leslie (@ aga0*) on: Tue Mar 2 11:29:59 EST 2004

I want to shed a little bit more light on which twin becomes governor. I remember reading a passage in the book where there was another coin toss but I can't place exactly where it is (perhaps in the section on deciding who goes first in one of the debates earlier in the book) and one of the characters (can't remember which one) said the coin toss was a mute point because he always calls "heads" and it would have had the same result no matter who went first... i think if I can find that passage again, it might help confirm who became governor.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast