Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: R.K. Narayan

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

MEENAAKSHI (@ dial*) on: Sat Dec 29 07:16:39

I REALLY REALLY LIKE R. K. NARAYAN. BELIEVE ME, I READ HIS BOOK "SWAMI AND FRIENDS" 5 TIMES.
    I COLLECT HIS PHOTOS TOO. I CRIED WHEN I HEARD THAT HE WAS DEAD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Rigzin (@ dmg-*) on: Mon Dec 31 08:11:32

R.K. Narayan is the pioneer of Indo anglian Literature, if you like it or not. There are other folks like GV Desabi and Mulk Raj Anand. But they didn't had as much influence as Narayan had in the west. By the help of British author Graham Greene (he helped him publish Swami and Friends), he had catapulted the Indoanglian fiction to a new height. I first read Narayan when I was in the eight standard and the first novel was The World of Nagaraj. Now I am in the 12th standard and I have read all his Malgudi based novels except for The Dark Room which I could not find in the book shops of Kathmandu. I have even read some of his short stories, essays and short pieces.

Reading some of the articles after his death whcih were meant to be obituary I came to know that Narayan was not that sort of person you would prefer to be in company with. His grumpy face in the last photograph taken of him (in India Today), says it all. The article on Narayan by Sir VS Naipaul was also very good.

No matter whether he was a gay (from the above post) or person who blew his own trumpets (he said on his America's trip that he is the world's best writer after Faulkner and Hemingway), to me he is a master story teller ie a person who had the ability to hold you in awe with his skill in story telling.

Please people do post any comments on my forum dedicated solely to Indoanglian Literature. http://forum.onecenter.com/indolit/

Or, visit my page on RK Narayan at http://www.rigzin.freeservers.com/rknarayan.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Rigzin (@ dmg-*) on: Mon Dec 31 08:11:45

R.K. Narayan is the pioneer of Indo anglian Literature, if you like it or not. There are other folks like GV Desabi and Mulk Raj Anand. But they didn't had as much influence as Narayan had in the west. By the help of British author Graham Greene (he helped him publish Swami and Friends), he had catapulted the Indoanglian fiction to a new height. I first read Narayan when I was in the eight standard and the first novel was The World of Nagaraj. Now I am in the 12th standard and I have read all his Malgudi based novels except for The Dark Room which I could not find in the book shops of Kathmandu. I have even read some of his short stories, essays and short pieces.

Reading some of the articles after his death whcih were meant to be obituary I came to know that Narayan was not that sort of person you would prefer to be in company with. His grumpy face in the last photograph taken of him (in India Today), says it all. The article on Narayan by Sir VS Naipaul was also very good.

No matter whether he was a gay (from the above post) or person who blew his own trumpets (he said on his America's trip that he is the world's best writer after Faulkner and Hemingway), to me he is a master story teller ie a person who had the ability to hold you in awe with his skill in story telling.

Please people do post any comments on my forum dedicated solely to Indoanglian Literature. http://forum.onecenter.com/indolit/

Or, visit my page on RK Narayan at http://www.rigzin.freeservers.com/rknarayan.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Aarti (@ spid*) on: Wed Jan 2 20:32:41

RK Narayan was a really great author and his books entertained me and also influenced me.

Post Thanks / Like

firoze (@ cach*) on: Wed Feb 13 15:36:34

I am working in saudi arabia, i love to read R.K Naryans stories, if anybody has collection of his stories plz sen me in email my id is heartinindia2001@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

ravenus (@ 203.*) on: Sun Feb 17 09:40:12

Unlike what some complete ignorants may assume, R.K. was not gay, in fact he had a great love for his wife. Her premature death and its devastating aftermath on his life are beautifully detailed in his novel 'The English teacher'.
    Narayan is a brilliant writer whose style puts him a class apart from the over-hyped self-indulgent wordsmiths of Indian English writing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah (@ evrt*) on: Sat Mar 23 18:56:25

I need to understand/grasp the theme in his story "like the sun" if you have any info and get it to me by Apr.2.02 I would soooooo appreciate it
    thanks soo much-

Post Thanks / Like

meghadutam (@ ptil*) on: Sun Mar 24 12:21:08

DOES anyone have the theme song of Malgudi Days television series????

ta na nana tna nana naa.... PLZ TELL ME PRONTO`

Post Thanks / Like

Sesha (@ sgig*) on: Sun May 5 11:30:17

R.K.Narayan's stories and novels, revolve around pure Indian settings, bringing out the workings in the minds of typical, south Indian, conservative, middle class people.

They have a lucid clarity and a originality, typical of their author, R.K.Narayan.

Once you start reading the first few pages, you can not stop till finishing the book, laughing away all the way.

Post Thanks / Like

manishbazaz (@ 203-*) on: Mon May 6 10:14:16

dear sir,
    send me all the names of all the books written by r k narayan.and also possible send me details of these books on which story it is written.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast