Page 61 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan - Part 4

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    பிரபு,

என்னிடம் போன்-ல் சொன்னதை இங்கு எல்லோருக்கும் உங்களுக்கே உரித்தான நடையில் உரக்க சொன்னதற்கு நன்றி. தொடரட்டும் உங்கள் பதிவு. (அந்த நாள் DVD வெளிவந்துவிட்டது)

அடுத்த வாரம் வெள்ளிக்கிழமை (13.06.12008) இரவு சன் தொலைக்காட்சியில் " ராஜபார்ட் ரங்கதுரை" ஒளிபரப்பாகிறது. கார்த்திக், இந்த தகவல் குறிப்பாக உங்களுக்காக.

ஒரு ரசிகரிடம் பேசிக்கொண்டிருக்கும் போது ஒரு சென்னை தகவல் சொன்னார். லாரி டிரைவர் ராஜாக்கண்ணு வெளியான அதே நாள் (ஜூலை 3, 1981) சென்னை பைலட் தியேட்டரில் இருவர் உள்ளம் திரையிடப்பட்டு இரண்டு வாரங்கள் அனைத்து காட்சிகளும் (42 காட்சிகள்) ஹௌஸ் புல்லாக ஓடியதாம். ஆனால் ஏற்கனவே வேறு ஒரு புது பட ஒப்பந்தம் செய்யபட்டிருந்ததால், இருவர் உள்ளம் பெரம்பூர் வீனஸ் திரை அரங்கிற்கு மாற்றப்பட்டது என்றும் அங்கும் மிக பெரிய வசூலை பெற்றது என்றார். ராகவேந்தர் சார், சாரதா ப்ளீஸ் confirm.

அன்புடன்

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Excellent Cinematography

Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    While I have seen AN a few times I had the chance to see it fully with the attention it deserved only over the last few days.

One of the things that was really impressive was the cinematography. Quite obviously the blinking light is for effect and the cinematographer would have had to have dip-dip light source within the set to sync with it. The sync is perfect. The pace is unchanged and is not off by even a fraction of a second
    when we do see the advert light outside.

And all this happens in a matter of fact manner without screaming for attention, as the story goes on. The cinematographer is S.Maruthi Rao
    The movie was made in 1954
    Dear Prabhu Ram,

When talking about cinematography of 'Andha Naal', I think there is no harm in re-producing a small portion of my review about the movie earlier. I wrote.....

கேமரா வழியாக கதை சொல்லும் பாணி முதலில் இந்தப்படத்தில்தான் பரீட்சித்துப் பார்க்கப்பட்டிருக்கும் என்பது பலரின் எண்ணம். நான் முன்பு சொன்னது போல அறையைப்பூட்டிக்கொண்டு சிவாஜி போகும்போது அவரோடேயே கேமராவும் போகும். கையிலிருக்கும் சாவிக்கொத்தை மேலும் கீழும் தூக்கிப்போட்டுப் பிடித்தபடி அவர் செல்லும்போது, கேமராவும் சாவியோடு மேலும் கீழும் போகும்.

அதே போல இறுதிக்காட்சியில், தான் சுடப்படுவதற்கு முன்பாக, சுழல் நாற்காலியில் அமர்ந்த படி மனைவி பணடரிபாயுடன் பேசும்போது கேமரா இவரிடத்தில் (in his chair) அமர்ந்து கொண்டு இவர் பார்வை போகும் திசையெல்லாம் போகும். அறை முழுக்க சுற்றி சுற்றி அலையும்.

( 'இருகோடுகள்' படத்தில் கலெக்டர் சௌகார், முதலமைச்சர் அண்ணாவை பேட்டியெடுக்கும் காட்சியில், அண்ணாவின் இருக்கையில் கேமரா அமர்ந்து, அவர் பார்வை போகும் திசைகளில் போவதைக்கண்டுவியந்தேன். அதன் பின்னரே 'அந்தநாள்' பார்க்கும் வாய்ப்பு கிடைத்தது. இந்த உத்தி ஏற்கெனவே (15 ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்பே) அந்த நாளில் (I mean "அந்த நாளில்") பயன்படுத்தப் பட்டிருப்பதைக் கண்டு வியப்பின் எல்லையை அடைந்தேன். (பாலச்சந்தர் என்று பெயர் வைத்தாலே புதுமைகள் செய்யதோன்றுமோ).

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas
    ஒரு ரசிகரிடம் பேசிக்கொண்டிருக்கும் போது ஒரு சென்னை தகவல் சொன்னார். லாரி டிரைவர் ராஜாக்கண்ணு வெளியான அதே நாள் (ஜூலை 3, 1981) சென்னை பைலட் தியேட்டரில் இருவர் உள்ளம் திரையிடப்பட்டு இரண்டு வாரங்கள் அனைத்து காட்சிகளும் (42 காட்சிகள்) ஹௌஸ் புல்லாக ஓடியதாம். ஆனால் ஏற்கனவே வேறு ஒரு புது பட ஒப்பந்தம் செய்யபட்டிருந்ததால், இருவர் உள்ளம் பெரம்பூர் வீனஸ் திரை அரங்கிற்கு மாற்றப்பட்டது என்றும் அங்கும் மிக பெரிய வசூலை பெற்றது என்றார். ராகவேந்தர் சார், சாரதா ப்ளீஸ் confirm.

அன்புடன்
    டியர் முரளி,

'இருவர் உள்ளம்' பற்றிய தகவல் எனக்கு முழுமையாக தெரியவில்லை. (நண்பர் ராகவேந்தர் தெளிவுபடுத்துவார். காரணம் அவர் தீவிர ரசிகர் மற்றும் சென்னைவாசி மட்டுமல்ல, அந்த ஏரியாக்காரரும் கூட)

ஆனால் நீங்கள் குறிப்பிட்டுள்ள தேதிக்கு சில ஆண்டுகள் கழித்து இதே போல ராயப்பேட்டை 'பைலட்' தியேட்டரில் இரண்டு புதிய படங்களுக்கு மத்தியில் கிடைத்த இரண்டுவார இடைவெளியில் 'புதிய பறவை' புத்தம் புது பிரதியாக திரையிடப்பட்டு, கிட்டத்தட்ட இரண்டு வாரங்களும் அரங்கு நிறைந்த காட்சிகளாக ஓடி, ஏற்கெனவே செய்துகொண்ட ஒப்பந்தத்தால் எடுக்கப்பட்டு, மறுநாள் முதல் 'மகாராணி' அரங்கில் திரையிடப்பட்டு அங்கும் இரண்டு வாரங்கள் வெற்றிகரமாக ஓட, ருசிகண்ட பூனையாக மாறிய விநியோகஸ்தர், தொடர்ந்து பலவேறு அரங்குகளில், இடைவெளி விடாமல் மாறி மாறி திரையிட்டு வசூலை அள்ளினார். சென்னையில் பதினோரு வாரங்கள் தொடர்ந்து ரவுண்ட் வந்தது.

இதில் மகிழ்ச்சியளிக்கும் விஷயங்கள்...

புதிய படங்களைப்போல இப்படத்துக்கும் மகாராணியில் அட்வான்ஸ் புக்கிங் செய்யப்பட்டதும்,

தினத்தந்தியில் 'தொடர்ந்த 10வது வாரம்', 'தொடர்ந்த 11வது வாரம்' என்று விளம்பரம் செய்யப்பட்டதும்.

அடுத்த வாரம் வெள்ளிக்கிழமை (13.06.2008) இரவு சன் தொலைக்காட்சியில் " ராஜபார்ட் ரங்கதுரை" ஒளிபரப்பாகிறது. கார்த்திக், இந்த தகவல் குறிப்பாக உங்களுக்காக.
    அதென்ன தகவல் அவருக்காக மட்டும்..?. நம் எல்லோருக்காகவும்தான். காரணம் அனைவரையும் கவரும் படம் அது.

Post Thanks / Like
    பிரபு,

என்னிடம் போன்-ல் சொன்னதை இங்கு எல்லோருக்கும் உங்களுக்கே உரித்தான நடையில் உரக்க சொன்னதற்கு நன்றி. தொடரட்டும் உங்கள் பதிவு.
    நன்றி திரு. முரளி.

(அந்த நாள் DVD வெளிவந்துவிட்டது)
    My vcd has poor audio quality so I was on the lookout for the DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by saradhaa_sn
    அதே போல இறுதிக்காட்சியில், தான் சுடப்படுவதற்கு முன்பாக, சுழல் நாற்காலியில் அமர்ந்த படி மனைவி பணடரிபாயுடன் பேசும்போது கேமரா இவரிடத்தில் (in his chair) அமர்ந்து கொண்டு இவர் பார்வை போகும் திசையெல்லாம் போகும். அறை முழுக்க சுற்றி சுற்றி அலையும்.
    The chair swings around and stops such that we can see PaNdaribai through the back and the seat of the chair when it comes to rest. Which means its rest-position was intended to be so, which again means the swivel of the chair had to be timed and stopped as planned.

Similar to the point-of-view of the gun (when pointed at Ambujam) - there is another instance where the subject and object are portrayed beautifully. In the recounting where the sister in law is shown as shooting Rajan in a fir of hysteria - much of the foreground is occuppied by the suitcase.

If you dwell on it, it is a very odd frame. As the action (the shooting) is in the background, what is in close foreground cannot be in focus. Why smudge up a good part of the screen with the suitcase when the image of the laughing sister-in-law with gun in one hand and money in the other, is itself a very impressive image ? I would call this choice the opposite of the point-of-view.

In her recounting Rajan is a money-minded schemer and the suitcase with Rajan stuffing banknotes in it is what triggers her - occuppies her mind so to speak. The motive and the action are depicted beautifully.

In one of the final scenes when Rajan's villanous shades are coming to the fore, the camera moves from one end to another with Sivaji remaining fixed. Pandaribai is shown in light in an otherwise dark frame. She goes from one end of Sivaji's perspective to another. This is the movement in character that has happened in Sivaji's point of view. While she is shown in light we only see the nape of Sivaji's head in a dark outline - the storyteller's portrayal of his sympathies at-that-time in this story.

Over the last few years in Europe there has been a hue and cry to acknowledge the cameraman as the co-author of the film along with the director. i.e. to acknowledge that he is not just one more technical resource who helps realize the director's vision but is a creator of the vision himself. This movie would be a perfect example to further those argument.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Couple of days back saw " Andha Naal " in VCD. Much has been said here about the camera work and other technical aspects of the film, in details by PR & Saradha mam. No second opinion on that.

Enjoyed the scene where NT delivers a " Mark Anthony" kind of speech in the college where a group of students indulge in a protest against the British govt. After some initial objections by the students, NT manages to change the mind of the students thru his tongue power. But finally, Pandari Bhai takes charge and gets things straight by delivering a patriotic speech. That scene like many other, was well conceived & executed.

Hats off to NT for choosing such a character during the budding stage of his career.
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw first half of " Enga Oor Raja " in VCD. Second half seekiram parthu viduven....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rangan_08
    But finally, Pandari Bhai takes charge and gets things straight by delivering a patriotic speech. That scene like many other, was well conceived & executed.
    That (too) is a lovely scene. Sivaji comes with a certain arrogance that he knows better than this crowd gathered there (he even says that too his sidekick that he will swing them around). And swing he does. Even in the end Pandari Bai is able to swing it back only by appealing to emotions - Sivaji actually is quite unruffled because in terms valid debating points- none of what he said was properly counted.

He exits the seen as a perceived loser with the gracious lines: "உங்கள் பெண்மைக்கு என் வணக்கம். உங்கள் தேசபக்திக்கு என் வந்தனம்"
    Hats off to NT for choosing such a character during the budding stage of his career.

Has anyone seen the film துளிவிஷம் ? where Sivaji supposedly plays a very negative character.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw first half of " Enga Oor Raja " in VCD. Second half seekiram parthu viduven....
    thennaiya vechaa ilaneeru, pillaiya peththa kanneeru...
    paanaiyila sOrirundhaa poonaigalum sondhamadaa...

enjoy the performance!
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RAGHAVENDRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thuli Visham

[quote="Prabhu Ram"]
    Has anyone seen the film துளிவிஷம் ? where Sivaji supposedly plays a very negative character.
    Dear Prabhuram,
    Thuli Visham was screened for a week in Chennai Plaza during the mid 1970s. And I do not know how many of even my generations would have seen that film leave alone the present generation. This film was never screened thereafter in Chennai. The film would be dragging and the only solace was NT. Though his character was negative, his style of acting will be classic. Had he played the role of hero in that film, there would not be any inspiring scenes or should it have been contrived. There is a sword fight with KRR. A memorable duet Ullam Thedaadhe Endru Sonnadhu (this song is wrongly mentioned as belonging to Edhaiyum Thaangum Idhayam), is a lovely melody in the voice of KRR. There are a few scenes where NT's style of rendering dialogues, will be a lesson for those who act in villain and negative characters. There are not many scenes for him. Overall when you leave the theatre after seeing this film Thulivisham, the only thing that would linger in you is NT.
    Raghavendran.
    விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

Post Thanks / Like
    Y'day watched a few scenes & songs of Pattikada Pattanama in DVD (Modern Cinemas) with English sub titles !!!

Given below is the translation of Ennadi Rakkamma song, verbatim.
    (Mahajanangale & rasigapperumakkale, idhukku naan poruppu illa )

Start meejik.......

My tongue, tooth, my dear & my Rakkayi

What Rakkamma? Your prideful walk is disturbing my mind

The red color shining light of your nose stud is impressing your uncle!

What Rakku? What Rakkamma, your prideful.....

Chain with beads for 5 to 6 Rs. is suitable for your neck dear!
    Even if Goddess of our village sees you, she will feel bad thinking about herself!

Shall I buy the silk sari from Chinnalampat & make you to wear?

Rakkamma, a wealth who had born to my aunt! Shall I give you a bunch of pearls!

What Rakkamma, your pridefull......

There's Valli, the enemy of Deivanai Goddess is there in our story!
    Vellaiyamma's story is taking place in beautiful Madurai daily!

I'll arrest you in my mind without fail! Let me have 2 wives!

My dear, my tooth & my queen! Your marriage function will take place soon!

What Rakkamma......

(Can someone post this song in Tamil please.....)