Page 45 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan - Part 4

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Libran & thanks for the link. It looks good.
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NT falling at the feet

Quote Originally Posted by RAGHAVENDRA
    Quote Originally Posted by sivank
    I I remeber a scene in Navarathiri where NT falls at the feet of Savithri. I donīt know if any other top hero has ever done such an act
    What you say is 100% true. For the same reason, Guru Datchinai failed to convince Sivaji Fans. But in the end, it was the character played by NT that won! He was above all egos. No ego could win him. That's why he stood tall as Nadigar Thilagam - till now he stands and even in future he will stand tall.
    சிவன்.கே & ராகவேந்திரன்...

இதேபோல 'திருமால் பெருமையில்' கொள்ளையடிக்கும் திருடனாக வரும் வேடத்தில், நடிகர்திலகம் ஒரு கல்யாண ஊர்வல கோஷ்டியிடம் திருடும்போது, அவர்கள் அணிந்திருக்கும் அத்தனை நகைகளையும் கொள்ளையடித்த பின்னர், மாப்பிள்ளை சிவகுமாரின் காலில் உள்ள மெட்டி போன்ற அணிகலனை கழற்ற முயன்று, முடியாததால் 'சட்'டென்று சிவகுமாரின் கால் விரலில் வாயை வைத்து கடித்து இழுப்பார். இக்காட்சி படமாக்கபட்டபோது சிவகுமார் பதறிவிட்டாராம். எவ்வளவு பெரிய நடிகர் தன் கால்விரலில் வாய் வைத்து கடிப்பதா என்று.

நடிகர்திலகத்தைப் பொறுத்தவரை, பாத்திரமாக மாறிவிட்ட பிறகு 'ஈகோ' வாவது ஒண்ணாவது...!!!.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RAGHAVENDRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rangan_08
    Dear Raghavendra Sir,

Earlier, I had asked you about Thangapadakkam play. I think you would have missed that post.

Like Vietnam Veedu, did you had a chance to watch TP play also. If so, pls share your experience with us. I would be very glad to know about it.
    Dear Sri Mohan,
    Sorry I failed to note your previous request. Thank you for reminding me. Regarding Thangapadhakkam drama, I saw the version played by Senthaamarai (title: Irandil Ondru) in full on stage. In fact Senthaamarai need special mention here because he did that role brilliantly. It was a successful play and hence Sivaji Nataka Mandram moulded the play with some improvisations and Mahendran wrote the script and dialogues. I had the chance of seeing that play for only a little while, say for that song "Husband is a Song, Wife is a Singer". I dont remember the other star cast but the dance steps by NT on stage was stunning and the audience response was thunderous applause. Moreover, this play was mostly held throughout Tamil Nadu unlike other plays and also abroad. In fact the percentage of the number of times the play was held in Madras was comparatively less than NT's previous plays. It was also staged for fund rising for various benefit programmes. However, my stage witness for that play was for a very short time may be 25 to 30 minutes. But even that short time is worth a million dollar for me. Because seeing NT in that SP get up on stage is really a treat to watch and I am very fortunate that I had seen that part, particularly the party song sung by NT himself, Husband is a song, Wife is a Singer.
    Raghavendran.
    விமர்சனங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்ட இறைவன் நடிகர் திலகம்.. கடலின் ஆழத்தை அளந்து விடலாம். நடிகர் திலகத்தின் செல்வாக்கை அளக்க முடியாது... அது பயனளிக்கும் போது தான் அதன் ஆழம் புரியும்....

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank u Raghavendra Sir, for sharing such wonderful piece of information. Actually, my father had a chance to witness this play. He would often say that, once the play is finished and before anybody could realise, NT would swiftly get into his car and speed away.

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mohan,

I remember a friend of my cousin talking about the play. We were watching the movie on the 2nd day (ie) 2nd of June,1974 - Sunday evening show at Madurai- Central cinema. I was watching for the first time and my cousin 3rd time (He had seen Opening day matinee and night). My cousin's friend was residing in the same street like us - near the theatre. But one difference was, he belonged to the opposite camp but still he had come to see the movie. He couldn't dislike the movie but still he found some kuraigal

He was telling that the play was more intense and absorbing. The performance was better. He was referring to one particular scene. If you remember, SP. Choudary would have arrested the gang members of his son Jegan. In order to facilitate their escape, Jegan would come to their parents house and inform his father over phone that his mother's condition is critical. Believing this, Choudary would rush home only to realise that he had been taken for a ride. At the same time the arrested persons would escape from the hospital. The IG (Director K.Vijayan) would admonish SP and will tell that he did not expect this from Choudary. At that moment IG would receive a phone call that will inform him that the persons who had escaped had been caught.

It seems that in the drama, NT in this particular scene would be showing his back to the audience with his hands tied behind. When the IG scolds him, his hands and palm would be drooping and loose. The spotlight on the stage would be focussing on his hands. The moment the good news is broken, it seems that his hand would become live, stiff and active. The focus light would catch this clearly and the audience would burst out into a huge applause, it seems.

Cousin's friend was telling about this and he was also not happy with the comedy track. Obvious because Cho in a dual role would have torn apart the the two dravidian parties and especially his "Appaism" (you should be knowing what he was equating to) irked our friend.

By making me to narrate this sequence, you have kindled my desire to see the movie again.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info Mr.MuraLi.

Cho is hilarious in TP.

Appaism is just

thadai pala kadandhu...padai pala ethirththu...kadai pala thiRandhu...vadai pala thinRu
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    பிரபு,

சுருளியும் கிளப்புவார். அரசியல்வாதி சோவின் அடிபொடியாக வரும் சுருளி கான்ஸ்டபிள் சோவிடம் சொல்லும் ஒரு வசனம் " ஒரு சின்ன தகராறு. நம்ம பையன் கத்தியை எடுத்து குத்திட்டான். கொடல் வெளியே வந்திருச்சு. அதை உள்ள வைக்காம நம்ம பையனை உள்ள வச்சுட்டாங்க. அவனும் ஜெயில்-லே சொல்ல முடியாத துன்பத்தை எல்லாம் அனுபவிச்சிட்டு அன்னிக்கு சாயங்காலமே ரிலீஸ் ஆயிட்டான்."

" ஒரு ரூபாய்க்கு மூன்று கிளி "

இது போல நிறைய வரும்.

அன்புடன்

Post Thanks / Like
    " ஒரு சின்ன தகராறு. நம்ம பையன் கத்தியை எடுத்து குத்திட்டான். கொடல் வெளியே வந்திருச்சு. அதை உள்ள வைக்காம நம்ம பையனை உள்ள வச்சுட்டாங்க. அவனும் ஜெயில்-லே சொல்ல முடியாத துன்பத்தை எல்லாம் அனுபவிச்சிட்டு அன்னிக்கு சாயங்காலமே ரிலீஸ் ஆயிட்டான்."
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Murali Sir, for the info on TP. It's another film which I used to watch quite frequently in DVD. I was able to visualise the scene which you have mentioned about the play. Wow! seems to be just great. NT would look very majestic in the Police costume.

Ethanai murai parthalum salikkadha padam.

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    " ஒரு சின்ன தகராறு. நம்ம பையன் கத்தியை எடுத்து குத்திட்டான். கொடல் வெளியே வந்திருச்சு. அதை உள்ள வைக்காம நம்ம பையனை உள்ள வச்சுட்டாங்க. அவனும் ஜெயில்-லே சொல்ல முடியாத துன்பத்தை எல்லாம் அனுபவிச்சிட்டு அன்னிக்கு சாயங்காலமே ரிலீஸ் ஆயிட்டான்."