there are more many films also failue
    when u compaire all of his films more than half of his film are failure
    in old music and old artists

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear abkhlabhi,

Yesterday was just surfing through chanels in the evening. In Gemini, saw Sridevi and stopped surfing. The moment I saw the scene, I knew it was a remake of NT film and you know what ? Sridevi travels in a taxi and the taxi hits a girl. Sri devi initially wants to take the girl home and takes her suitcase but as Driver is not ok, they remove the unconcious girl from the middle of the road and put her in the side and speed away. No prizes for guessing. It was Ooty Varai Uravu. When the next scene showed ANR driving down in another car, it became 200% confirmed. The ad started at that point and I also moved away to watch the U-19 WC Finals. What is the name of the movie?

Regards

PS: The ad was the announcement for another movie at 11 (not sure AM or PM). It mentioned the name as Kanda Kottai Ragasyam (something like that) with NTR in dual roles along with JJ. Looked to me as if it was also a Tamil remake.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rangan_08's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Murali sir,

Recently saw "Thavapudalvan" in DVD and was literally shocked to notice that NT's name was just shown as SIVAJI GANESAN in the title card without the Nadigar Thilagam tag How could it be ? Was it intentionally done ? TP was a 100 days movie, isnt it?

As usual, NT's expressions were great as the unfortunate "Maalai kan" patient. Also, in scenes where he shows frustrations & helplessness when each time he gets caught in CID Sakuntala's trap. She was a perfect choice for that role.

Another surprise was the English song that takes place in the Hotel where NT plays the trumpet & CIDS is the dancer. It was a famous song in those days and I've heard it quite often in the AIR. The title card shows that it was written by Randor Guy, the famous film critic !!
    Perhaps life is just that. A Dream and a Fear. -- Joseph Conrad

Senior Member Devoted Hubber abkhlabhi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Murlai,

Yes, it was a POOR remake of Ooty Varai Oravu. Poor screenplay. Name is Sriranga Neethulu. Once in a month this movie is telecast in Gemini or Teja TV. I used to see this telugu version only because of Nagesh. He did the same role in Telugu also.

Dear hot_sdeva,

It is pity that you listed NT failure movies to a sum of 12 and you said many more when compare to hit movies. Go through the full list of NT films and list out failure and hits, then you will agree, he has given more hits than others. Just to defame NT name , don't start nonsence topic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Critisim always welcome. But before critise anything , matter, person, we have to know full details and then critise. Without knowing truth, simply blame /critise is not at all fair.

People like these, who have no knowledge of NT actig skill, his human nature, are seen ofter criticising and down grading NT fame and Name.

I here, put the apt words used by Newton to Halley are very significant.

Newton to Halley " I have studied these things, you have not".

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mohan,

It is news to me and as for as I knew, it was not like that because just the name without NT would have certainly created problems and that too in 1972. Let me alsp check up.

Dear abkh,

Thanks for the info. I believe this must have got released in early 80s from the looks of SriDevi.

Then coming to the second part of your post, please don't reply to such posts. This is being done specifically to create problems. The simple reason is, not able to digest that it is into the 4th part with lots of participation. So much activity in a thread dedicated to a person who is no more. The Single person takes different avatars and tries to do mischief. If you carefully check all such IDs, you can confirm the same. So all NT fans and well wishers of this thread, please desist from replying to such posts.

Regards

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rangan_08
    Another surprise was the English song that takes place in the Hotel where NT plays the trumpet & CIDS is the dancer. It was a famous song in those days and I've heard it quite often in the AIR. The title card shows that it was written by Randor Guy, the famous film critic !!
    Love is fine darling when you're mine....

sleevless blouses! what next? blouseless sleeves?
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Murali sir,

Recently saw "Thavapudalvan" in DVD and was literally shocked to notice that NT's name was just shown as SIVAJI GANESAN in the title card without the Nadigar Thilagam tag
    Dear Mohan,

I saw Dhavaputhalvan long back, so cant bring to memory about the title. But, the movies which were released after 1961 have titles like 'nadigar Thialagam' or 'Padmashree' etc. But it is new to me.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Recently saw "Thavapudalvan" in DVD.

'TP ' was a 100 days movie, isnt it?
    ஆம். தவப்புதல்வன் நூறு நாட்களைக்கடந்து ஓடிய படம்தான். 1972ன் வெற்றிப்பேரணியில் இப்படத்துக்கும் பங்குண்டு. சென்னை 'பைலட்' தியேட்டரிலும் தமிழகத்தின் முக்கிய நகரங்களிலும் 100 நாட்களைக்கடந்து வெற்றி பெற்றது. (அப்போதெல்லாம் பைலட் தியேட்டரில் தமிழ்ப்படங்கள் அபூர்வமாகத்தான் வெற்றி பெறும். அப்படி 100 நாட்களைக்கடந்த மற்ற படங்கள் அரங்கேற்றம், வருவான் வடிவேலன்.)

As usual, NT's expressions were great as the unfortunate "Maalai kan" patient. Also, in scenes where he shows frustrations & helplessness when each time he gets caught in CID Sakuntala's trap. She was a perfect choice for that role.
    Dear Mohan, I feel it is not harm to reproduce the article here, which I already posted in 'msvtimes.com' site (because it related to this post).....

கிண்கிணி.. கிண்கிணி.. என...
    (தவப்புதல்வன்)

தவப்புதல்வன் படத்தில் இடம் பெற்ற நான்கு பாடல்களுக்கும் நான்கு சிறப்பு காட்சிகள் உண்டு. அஜித்சிங் மற்றும் ஈஸ்வரி பாடும் ஆங்கிலம் மற்றும் தமிழ் கலந்த பாடல். (நண்பர் அருமையாக அணு அணுவாக விளக்கியுள்ளார்). இன்னொன்று, தன் இசையால் நோயுற்றவர்களையும் குணப்படுத்தும் 'மகாகவி தான்சேன்' ஆக நடிகர் திலகம் தோன்றும் 'இசை கேட்டால் புவி அசைந்தாடும்' பாடல், மற்றொன்று வடநாட்டு பாடகருடன் நடிகர் திலகம் போட்டியிட்டுப் பாடும் பாடல் (தமிழில் டி.எம்.எஸ்ஸும் இந்தியில் பி.பி.எஸ்ஸும் பாடியிருப்பார்கள்). நான்காவது பாடல் கிருஸ்துமஸ் தாத்தாவாக நடிகர் திலகம் குழந்தைகளுக்கு மத்தியில் பாடும் பாடல். மற்றபடி நாயகன், நாயகிக்கு டூயட் பாட்டெல்லாம் கிடையாது.

நான்கு சிறப்பு பாடல்களுமே மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் கைவண்ணத்தில் வெவ்வேறு வித்தியாசமான பாடல்களாக உருவெடுத்தவை.

மாலைக்கண் நோயால் அவதிப்படும் கதாநாயகன், இப்படி ஒரு நோய் தனக்கு இருப்பதை தன் குடும்பத்தினருக்கு தெரியாமல் மறைக்க போராடிக்கொண்டிருக்கும்போது, வழக்கமாக அவர் கிருஸ்துமஸ் தாத்தாவாக வேஷமிடும் கிருஸ்துமஸ் பண்டிகை வந்து விடுகிறது. அந்த விழாவின்போது அங்கே இருக்கும் தன் தாயாருக்கு தெரியாமல் எப்படி மறைப்பது?. இதற்கு அவர் 'சோ'விடம் ஆலோசிக்க அவர் ஒரு ஐடியாவை கையாள்கிறார்.

விழாவுக்கு வந்திருக்கும் ஒரு குழந்தையை பார்த்து "ஏன் பாப்பா, உங்க தாத்தாவுக்கு என்ன வயசாகிறது?" என்று கேட்க அக்குழந்தை "எண்பது" என்று சொல்கிறது. "அவருக்கு கண் தெரிகிறதா?" என்று மேலும் கேட்க, அதற்கு அக்குழந்தை "அவருக்கு சரியா கண் தெரியலை". என்று பதில் சொல்கிறது.

உடனே சோ, "எண்பது வயசான உன் தாத்தாவுக்கே கண் சரியா தெரியலையே, அப்படீன்னா இப்போது வரப்போகும் கிருஸ்துமஸ் தாத்தாவுக்கு இரண்டாயிரம் வருசம் ஆகிறது. அதனால அவருக்கும் கண் தெரியாது" என்று சமாளிக்கிறார்.

டி.எம்.எஸ்ஸின் உற்சாகமான குரலில் பாடல் துவங்குகிறது...

கிண்கிணி கிண்கிணி கிணி கிணிகிணியென வரும்
    மாதா கோயில் மணியோசை
    கண்மணி பொன்மணியென துள்ளிடும் பிள்ளைகளுக்கு
    தாத்தா கூறும் அருளோசை
    கிருஸ்துமஸ் தாத்தா கூறும் அருளோசை

பின்னர் கோரஸில்....

வெல்கம் வெல்கம் கிருஸ்துமஸ் தாத்தா வெல்கம் வெல்கம்
    வெல்கம் வெல்கம் கிருஸ்துமஸ் தாத்தா வெல்கம் வெல்கம்

குதுகலாமன சூழ்நிலைக்கேற்ற உற்சாகமான இடையிசை...

ஆடை அழகி மேரி உனக்கு முத்துமாலை பரிசு
    மேடைப்பேச்சு மீனா உனக்கு தங்கப்பேனா பரிசு
    பாட்டு பாடும் பாபு உனக்கு பட்டுச்சொக்காய் பரிசு
    ஆட்டம் ஆடும் ராணி உனக்கு டான்ஸ் பாப்பா பரிசு
    சீருடை தாங்கிய ஷீலா பொன்ண்ணுக்கு சிக்லெட் பாக்கெட் பர்சு
    நூற்றுக்கு நூறென மார்க்கு வாங்கிய நூர்ஜகானுக்கு வாழ்த்து

(I strongly hope it is not 'vaazththu' but should be 'watch')

மாதா கோயில் மணியோசை
    தாத்தா கூறும் அருளோசை

பாடிக்கொண்டே நடந்து வரும் நடிகர்திலகம் (கண்தெரியாத காரணத்தால்) திடீரென ஓரிடத்தில் தடுக்கி கீழே விழ, குழந்தைகள் சிரிக்க....

அசகாய சூரரான மெல்லிசை மன்னர், தன் இசையின் போக்கை அப்படியே சோகமயமாக மாற்றி விடுவார். இடையிசையில் வயலின் சோகத்தை பிழிந்து தர... அடுத்த சரணத்தை துவங்கும் டி.எம்.எஸ். தன் குரலிலும் சோகத்தை பொழிய (அவர் இன்னொரு மந்திரவாதியாயிற்றே), இவர்களுக்கு சற்றும் சளைக்காமல் நடிகர் திலகமும் தன் முகபாவத்தை மாற்ற..... பாடலின் போக்கு அப்படியே திசை மாறிப்போகும்....

பிள்ளை நெஞ்சில் கள்ளம் இல்லை சிரித்தால் என்ன பாவம்
    பிழைகள் கொண்ட உடலை அந்த தேவன் கொடுக்க கூடும்
    தாத்தாதானே பார்வை கொஞ்சம் குறைவாயிருந்தால் என்ன
    தத்தித்தடவி தடுக்கி விழுந்தால் சிரிப்பாயோ என்கண்ணே
    சிரிப்பாயோ என் கண்ண்ண்ண்ணே...

மாதா கோயில் மணியோசை
    தாத்தா கூறும் அருளோசை

கண்ணதாச'ன்', விஸ்வநாத'ன்', சௌந்தர்ராஜ'ன்', சிவாஜிகணேச'ன்'.... ஆகா... 'ன'கர ஒற்றில் முடியும் இது எப்படிப்பட்ட ஒரு வெற்றிக்கூட்டணி....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Murali,

Thanks for UR advise.

Page 4 of 148 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast