another romantic song

5. sollamathane intha manasu thudikkuthu..intha manasu thudikkuthu
    kannalathan intha kaathal valaruthu..intha kaathal valaruthu

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

neruppu (@ daap*) on: Tue Jan 5 14:12:45 EST 1999

i think some of the good lyrics that TR wrote have become target of mockery owing to his unique perspective about picturising his songs where he tried a bit too much to butress his lyrics with the background sets!( in sollamaththane song,you can see actual heart models, not even the cliched heartin, strutting around.)while all that was a novel idea as far as representation went, it took away the seriousness in the lyrics.but still i think his style of music had a unique orchestration that struck a chord with the masses for sometime and also atleast initially, there was an attempt for quality lyrics.(oru thalai ragam) music indeed was a great reason for the big hits that his movies turned out to be.i'm remembered of KB's quote(rather intriguing) about TR-"he has reached a height in cinema were we all can only aspire to be".interesting isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

kiru (@ surf*) on: Thu Jan 7 05:04:21 EST 1999

Though TR wrote some junk songs and picturised the songs in a silly manner, he surely did have some quite good talents in music/lyrics. I wish he just concentrated on story/lyrics/music and let somebody do the direction (atleast acting). He got too confident I think. He is a good example of over-confidence killing somebody.

Of his songs I liked his 'vaigai karai kARRE nillu, vanji thanai pArththAl sollu'.

Maybe he should start writing lyrics for IR. IR really needs some good lyrics writers. VM is an ace up ARRs sleeve. A few months ago when I was is in TN everybody was telling me how VM has been a support to ARR. Not to mention directors like ManiRatnam who have sense of aesthetics who can picturise the songs very well.

To do justice to TRs talents (however he made a laughing stock of himself) we should compile a list of his hit songs.

Post Thanks / Like

UV (@ webg*) on: Thu Jan 7 08:11:41 EST 1999

Kiru,
    Rather, VM was all set to take revenge on IR,but has been failing consistently.

Post Thanks / Like

rs (@ epim*) on: Thu Jan 7 08:35:55 EST 1999

ARe we going away from the topic!!??

Post Thanks / Like

Neels (@ 202.*) on: Thu Jan 7 16:00:17 EST 1999

Guess What?

T Rajendar has realised that in order to get some of his investment money back, he has to cater to a wider audience and has gone ahead and dubbed the songs from his new film 'Monisha En Monalisa' in Hindi (titled Monisha Meri Dilruba!!!). Last heard, he was going around looking for prospective distributors in Bombay for his film as well as its music, carrying a 100 kg album containing photographs from his 'MEGA-SET venture'. Apparently, he has roped in mostly Hindi actors (read flop TV sidees) for the lead roles in the film. Apparently, he hasn't found any buyers yet.
    You'll never know, he may hit the jack-pot! (Some of the stills that I saw were obscene!)

I have a feeling that if he makes another Oru Thalai Ragam kind of film (low-budget, down-to-earth love story, with some very soft music), he may stage a come back, what with all the KAADHAL films becoming big hits, with their so called 'novel' story ideas!!!

He could contribute to TFM by penning some good lyrics for outside productions, as suggested by Kiru.

Post Thanks / Like

kiru(ba) (@ surf*) on: Fri Jan 8 03:13:32 EST 1999

UV, Re: IR vs VM. Whatever be the differences I feel its a loss to TFM that these two guys are not working together.

Neels, TR did a good job with O T rAgam. TR's early life is like that of any kid in TN. He tried to screen slide films etc with film stills cut from movie reels. I also did this using a hollowed out bulb filled with water as lens and my light source was a mirror positioned against stones.
    But he had the motivation, perseverance to make this dream, kid stuff come true. I will always remember him for this.

But he went nuts over his ability to do direction and umpteen things. People dont understand its all a matter of priorities. You do what you like the best and then count on team work for better overall output.

Post Thanks / Like

Shanmugam Murugappan (@ 208.*) on: Fri Jan 8 15:01:43 EST 19

Kiru(ba),

A small digression

> But he went nuts over his ability to do > direction and umpteen things

More than his direction is his acting.

Post Thanks / Like

vijay (@ 129.*) on: Fri Jan 8 20:21:10 EST 1999

i felt that even though TR's quality gradually receded in the eighties he did a good job for other producer's films. poo poova poothirukku, pookalai parikatheergal(?), irayil payanangalil and some others i can't remember. other than or thlaai ragam some of his other notable nos.

1. thinam thinam - thangaikor geetham

2. vaigai karai kaatre nillu - uyirullavarai usha?

3. pon maanai - mythili ennai kaathali

4. vaasam sindhum vannach cholai - poo poova poothirukku

5. ammadiyo aathaadiyo- in those days a bi hit from oeu thaayin sabatham. its benn a long time, but i still remember the beats of the songs.

he has degraded rapidly in the 90s. his films were always amateurish, had obscene songs especially with younger unknown pairs( since our man had vowed not to touch any lady even in his screen life except his wife!!), kiddish dialogues
    and complete lack of sophistication. his films looked like they were being made for the front benches, especially his films from the 80s.

idhellam poradhu endru avar maganoda adhigaprasangithanamaana acting vera!!

like bhagyaraj has done recently TR also should quit acting and should take up either music or direction perhaps as a full time option.

Post Thanks / Like

Shanmugam Murugappan (@ 208.*) on: Fri Jan 8 20:34:41 EST 19

Vijay,

Enna solreenga? Bhagyaraj actinga vittuttaara? Avar latesta kooda oru padathula Naghma kooda duet paadinaarae (aiyaho... padam peru niyabagam varalayae!!!). Maybe, he has decided to quit acting after the film's debacle in the box office.

I will prefer TR to take up music instead of direction. He is a better musician than a director.

A small digression again. Avar maganoda attagasam thaanga mudiyalai. Eppadi paadagargalil oru GV.Prakasho adhu maadhiri nadippukku indha Chilambarasan. Also, one of TR's services to the Thamizh Film Industry is his introduction of Amala.

Maybe TR concentrated on his music in such a way that the songs will boost his son's image(?!), and that is the reason for the fall of his musical quality.

'Pookkalai Parikkadheergal' had some ok songs like 'kaadhal oorvalam angae", "pookkalaidhan parikkaadheenga".

Can anyone list all the good songs from the film "Rayil Payanangalil"?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast