Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kunnakudi Vaidhyanathan

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Aravind (@ 202.*) on: Thu Jul 24 02:27:27 EDT 1997

A slightly off-beat mention: There was a chat with KKV on Sun TV last month. The effortlessness with which he handles the violin was remarkable. He told that wherever he goes for concerts, junta ask him to play ' malarnthum malaraatha ' from paasamalar. The sobs of PS after ' maaman thangai makaLaana ' were played on the violin.

Though unconventional KKV is a genius and a delight to hear (watch?!!)

BTW, there a PS solo in thOdi raagam. A very decent number. Can anybody recollect?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

kirthi (@ cera*) on: Sun Nov 23 17:27:22 EST 1997

Kunnakudi is a very talented artist. I am ardent fan of carnatic music and could my capacity evaluate any artist. Kunnakudi could play violin much better than any other artist (L.Jayaram, TNK these are the ones who are close to him). Somehow he has the funny habit of merging film tunes when he is seriously play any carnatic note. Maybe he should stick to either one of them and he will be the best. May be he will realise this and change for the better.

Post Thanks / Like

Ravi (@ hope*) on: Fri Feb 26 15:15:58 EST 1999

Some discussion to be found here.
    http://tfmpage.com/forum/13891.16.57.14.html

Post Thanks / Like

NChari (@ ) on: Tue Jan 23 14:29:37 EST 2001

Kunnakudi had his life begun as a violinist for Soolamangalam sisters. After a distrust episode he as a party 'set' violinist for Sirkazhi Govindarajan in his troupe for more than ten long years. It was then that Kunnakudi realised the nuances of Classical music and the real taking it to the masses in the format they loved to listen. And there started his success after being introduced to AP Nagarajan through SirkazhiGovindarajan who was magnanimous. From them he tuned for VA Raja Va, Thirumalai Thenkumari, Agathiyar etc.,. which ofcourse had the strength of Sirkazhi with songs like Iraivan Padaitha, Siru Kuzhanthai, Tirupath malai vazhum, Madurai arasalaum meenakshi, Guruvayoorapa, Kalayatha Kalviyum etc., which got him popular even in his violin solo concerts and raised him to the status of getting the dias of Isai PerArignar and Violin Isai Kalanidhi from JJ and Chairman of Iyal Isai Nataka Mandram as guru of JJ.

The rasika and the common man will never forget the rich harvest which he had when the hay was shining during his days with Sirkazhi. He was lucky until Manithanum Deivamagalam. The day he forgot the past and got to Seshagopal TN for vested bias, there started his bad luck. He might show umpty number of gimmiks with his vested TV violin shows with Cinema numbeers. But,all in vain! I pity him.

Post Thanks / Like

T.VAITHILINGAM (@ 203.*) on: Thu Jul 26 02:18:17 EDT 2001

good & thanks

t.vaithilingam,
    new delih-24.

email: vaithilingam_tv@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

violet janse (@ 203.*) on: Mon Aug 6 17:28:50 EDT 2001

is he the music director of PAZHANIMALAI MAMUNIAI....
    kindly advise me

Post Thanks / Like

x.rosario rajkumarrosario (@ 210.*) on: Thu Jul 11 05:29:46

Mr.kunnakudi's violin will speak when needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Gurucharan (@ 61.1*) on: Mon Nov 11 01:17:10 EST 2002

kunnakudi Vaidhyanathan, mmmm.. very good composer and violinist, i have heard many north indian classical music, even south indian(i was born and brought up in Maharastra), but i felt it very boring,iam frank, but when i heard this Artiste i had to change my mind, his one of the album "THE BEST OF KUNNAKUDI", wow, what a beautiful piece,i think while playing the whole state sets in fire, with his that intensity of speed and melody of violen, i think he sould do live abroad with symphony orchestra(western style), it will get him more exposure, because he deserves the best, because he is the best, i will be most happiest person in this world if i get to meet him in person with his autograph.

Post Thanks / Like

Sankrithi (@ 61.1*) on: Sat Mar 15 01:54:55 EST 2003

does anyone know the ArOhaNam and avarOhaNam of Kunnakkudi's "Jayalalitha Ragam?"

Post Thanks / Like

Kupps (@ 203.*) on: Mon Mar 31 09:56:34 EST 2003

i heard that it has aarOhanam of Jaya raagam and avarOhanam of lalithaa raagam.

i know that there is a raaga by name lalitha (the famous cinema song "idhazhil kadhayaezhdhum naeramidhu" of "unnaal mudiyum thambi" is tuned in this raaga). but im not sure whether there is any raagam by name jaya. pundits can u clarify this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast