Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any fans of kahlil gibran?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Any fans of kahlil gibran?

Topic started by narayani (@ pix-fw.wan.aol.com) on Mon Sep 29 16:09:50 .

friends,
    any fans of kahlil gibran, join me to share few great lines of kahlil...i would be very glad if anyone could spare sometime to talk about this great legend.anticipating!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

HP (@ 216.*) on: Thu Oct 2 20:31:06 EDT 2003

even I am interested in his writings.

Post Thanks / Like

El Guapo Garam (@ h000*) on: Sat Oct 4 05:33:51 EDT 2003

yea sure. even i want to share some greate lines of kahlil, and i even i would be glad if anyone could take time to speak of this great repository of culture without conflating his writing and influence with contingent historical factors. I think kahlil does well to translate sacred, heavenly archetypes into their earthly, profane manifestations. Of particular interest is whether Gibran considered life as but a dream, and whether the writings of Abdul Qadir Juliani played a formative role in his emergence as a writer on sprituality. How extensively is Gibran influenced by a Perso-Turkish cultural matrix for legitimization of his work? Does Gibran employ terms which are context specific and/or neutral, or are his conceptual categorizations problematic? Does Gibran, himself, problematize certain traditional definitions held with regard to the human condition? Does he resort to a bifurcation between the sacred and the profane, or does he rather resort to a relational mode of thought? Does he view revelational in geneneral, and in particular contexts, to be textually performative in an oral/aural nature, or rather in a humanly incorporated form? What is Gibran's perspective on pre-eternity? Could it be received as water that flows in a stream of mercy, down which creatures gently row? Is there a part of Gibran which things that everything is ridiculous? Perhaps that's the ironic thing with so many things....that we don't know because we don't know. Perhaps certain signs will make themselves known to us, whether through dreaming or waking. If we are fortunate, we may find clues in our 'winged migration' into the soul of Gibran from sources as diverse as anecdotes to compositions of poetry or music. With skillful doubt, which may ultimately be be approached through envelopment by unskillful doubt, we may hope to gain a vision of 'the real Gibran' from the many Gibrans that would seem to present themselves; from the charismatic figure for whom one would construct a dargah to the more speculative mystic or theosopher who could be imagined as residing with disciples in a khaniqa. Ultimately, we may find that our task will lead us to question and reformulate the orthodox/heterodox bifurcatino in Gibran studies. Perhaps it is praxis rather than doxa that plays a more dominant role in our lived tratidtion of Gibran studies. Thus, in itself, as well as in its pluriform implications, Gibrans work can be seen as 'revolutionary'. Thank you. And sorry for any undue problematization or inconvenience this may have caused. Bless you.

Post Thanks / Like

bayt al hikma (@ 192.*) on: Sat Oct 4 13:37:21 EDT 2003

let me 'splain you...everything is so ridiculous these days! but don't stop...keep rowing...

Post Thanks / Like

Pratheesh (@ 210-*) on: Sun Oct 5 07:14:08 EDT 2003

Hi I like to tell you that in Malayalam (an indain language)there are translations of almost all works by Gibran. I think kerlites "felt" him more than others.

"How great is love
    And how little am I"!!!!!!!!!!
    For me these lines are forever.

I like feed backs.

Post Thanks / Like

ash (@ 216.*) on: Mon Oct 6 20:58:47 EDT 2003

huh
    I think one of his great friend was Mikhail Naimy who wrote master peice the book of mirdad.

Post Thanks / Like

pratheesh (@ 61.1*) on: Tue Oct 7 08:11:03 EDT 2003

Book of mirdad?????? tell more please
    cabinbee@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

yash (@ 61.0*) on: Thu Oct 16 14:12:41 EDT 2003

its still unbelievable to me that he wrote prophet in the age of 15 yrs.....talk to me of work master...poetry of the absolute.
    his fables are so unfathomable.

Post Thanks / Like

ravi (@ 61.1*) on: Thu Oct 30 13:56:24 EST 2003

I am interrested in his works could anyo fu suggest me some good books of his? I would be great for that. Thanks for taking trouble.
    ravibb at indiatimes dotcom

Post Thanks / Like

pradheep (@ mail*) on: Fri Nov 7 10:12:59 EST 2003

A man's true wealth is the good he does in the world. Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror. But you are eternity and you are the mirror. --Kahlil Gibran

I just love his quoates. Look at the universal truth he gives through the above statments.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast