Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A.R.Rahman - The Live Life Concert

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A.R.Rahman - The Live Life Concert

Just came back from the concert. Too overhelmed to write anything coherent. Will be updating soon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A first hand account on ARR concert

http://sagittarian-ramya.blogspot.co...e-arr-way.html

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber thineshan54321's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    vote plz, we should get maduraikku and ponmagal 1st and 2nd. but first focus on maduraikku get it well ahead and then ponmagal. u can vote every hr. thx
    http://www.ssmusic.tv/top10.php
    Music is Peace

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber R.Latha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool breeze wafted across the open air theatre at YMCA grounds in Nandanam. Steady visitors poured in and waited patiently for the music wizard.

And he did not disappoint them at all.

At the Live Life concert organised by real estate firm Marg group on Saturday as a precursor to Swarnabhoomi project 'a new integrated township in the suburb' A R Rahman was at his one of the best elements.

Taking the cue from the revved up spirit of the music composer, playback singers Hariharan, Chitra, Chinmayi and top percussionists like drummer Sivamani and flautist Naveen have given their spontaneous renditions with the gathering lulled into an ecstatic mood.

A frantic Rahman fan has this to say: 'Till then, the only dream I had was just to get a glimpse of the man whose music enthralled me in total captivity. Today, my wish of seeing him in close quarters got fulfilled.'

Those who came expecting Rahman to tune some of his memorable best were pleasantly surprised on listening to some of the rare songs belted by popular singers with musical notes reaching high octaves on many occasions.

Guitar Prasanna began the concert with a classical treat to the people which eased their mind and ears for a splendid evening.

Performance of his own composition Peaceful took huge applause from the audience.

Property developer Marg CMD G R K Reddy at his inaugural address said Rahman was invited because 'whenever I feel distressed or uneasy, Rahman songs pumped me up and thats the only reason I invited Rahman for the launch.'

Starting with Dil Se Re, he went on to sing his first composition and hence favorite number from Roja. Stage dancers added glitz to the whole show by some breathtaking performance.

Finally, the grand evening came to an end with Vande Maatharam sung by the entire crew of playback singers.

Many in the audience sat till the last moment of the musical show, unwilling to leave the YMCA ground for having relished every song and musical number they were yearning for more such offering from Rahman and Co. But then all good things must come to an end.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    starting the day with a bizzaire 25-minute drive from choolaimedu to Kottivakkam in Old mahabalipuram road to collect free pass, i was exhausted to say the least.......i didnt sleep the entire night, i was so excited to meet the man, who has been single point of recovery in my life........

as i got into the YMCA ground with Ramakrishna,Littlemaster, i knew it was a huge crowd.......YMCa ground, Nandanam, has pleasant memories for me, since, it was the ground where our school annual sports meet would occur......due to a pretty bizzaire entry system, we got front row seats ......it was just 30-40 foot within the stage.......i knew, i was going to see GOD today and that too clearly......just when we were immersed in ARR discussions, we saw young composer Dharan, sivi/Parijatham fame walking across us..........Ram and Master confirmed it was him, as i have never seen his face before.......after a while, we went and talked to him......congratulated him on sivi and parijatham........very nice,soft spoken boy hardly 23 yr old......i wished him to "try" to become next Rahman........Dharan for starters is a huge ARR fan, and he was asking where cud he get the ARR t-shirt i wore.....

after some mokkai compering, we got to see the guitar legends - G.Prasanna and Keith peters performing for some classical numbers and Prasanna's own "peaceful" and "31" ........it was sad that Prasanna couldnt join ARR on rythm later.....

then came the moment, we were waitng - ARR came out in jeans and kurta to talk a couple of words on the project that MARG has taken, who sponsored this show........it was still as if watching him on television and not the "live" experience.......then started the concert with jaage hain(guru)........ARRahman in his sharwani, was looking ravishing and it was then sinking that we were actually seeing the man live .......here i was seeing my idol, in flesh and blood for the first time in my life........the feeling was very overwhelming............then came one gem after another from Dil se, Jodha Akbar, ATM, Sivaji, Guru, Roja, Bombay, Sapnay - but i was more interested in watching the man in action, live........it was enuf for me to see the small diminitve image of the legend from a 30-40 foot distance.......it was bliss, heaven, stars on my balcony, - one helluva experience that i want to cherish all my life.......

2 hours into the concert, i was so sad that it was over.........while leaving, i got to see Blaaze at a short range, i shouted to him "u rock dude" ......while leaving i took a guess on the numbers - it shuld have been 10,000-15,000 - a great number given the event was known to the world only 2-3 days prior..........the crowd was full of "peter gumbal" and "north Indians" - engala vaazha veikkum deivangal .......it was a evening i will remember all my life, but i still nurture hopes of meeting him in close range one day and shake hands with him before i breathe my last ....

Kaduvalai kandavan naan, kaalaithhai vendravan raghuman
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday watched SPB's Ennodu Pattu Padungal prog. one female singer sung "Uyirum neeye from pavitra" spb said he not realise such song but immdiately said this song should win National award than the singer answer Unni Krishnan bagged award for this song. SPB said ARR is not only good Music Dir. but Human Being also...

another thing is point out that "sahana ragam is not actual pronounce instead of shehana the real word" ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    .the crowd was full of "peter gumbal" and "north Indians" - engala vaazha veikkum deivangal ...

unmaya othukittathukku nandri..

Hindi-la antha punch line-a eluthi irunthaa innum nalla irukkum :P

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    DM

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devar Magan
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    .the crowd was full of "peter gumbal" and "north Indians" - engala vaazha veikkum deivangal ...

unmaya othukittathukku nandri..

Hindi-la antha punch line-a eluthi irunthaa innum nalla irukkum :P
    most ARR fans came there were North Indians - idhula enna prachhanai ungalakku??? ask ram or LM - 60-70% crowd was northies, others were namma local "peters" and then came guys like us......come on, i see "humans as humans" and not as north indians or south indians.......

u wanted a punchline in hindi - here it is - ask its meaning to ur frnds in pune:

mann se raavan jo nikaale, rahman uske mann mein hain

AF - unga kitta innum edhir paakuraen - not just emoticons
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Veteran Hubber crajkumar_be's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ennadhu Saroja saaman nikalo-va? Sorry, couldn't resist!

On a serious note, moonu peru ponele, edhavadhu photo/vid post pannapdaadha?
    Did Rahman sing any of his gems from the 90's (apart from Roja/Bombay etc)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast