Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Places of touring Interest and our rich experiences

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can visualise. I was damn sure you will reply to this line......
    Sudha
    Coimbatore
    ---------------------------------------------

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Arthi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sudha india
    I can visualise. I was damn sure you will reply to this line......
    I was damn sure that u wrote those lines to know my reply :P
    Sarva dharman parithyajya mamekam sharanam vraja, aham thva sarvapapebhyo mokshayishyami ma suchaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Enna porutham...namakkul indha porutham.
    Sudha
    Coimbatore

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Arthi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enna porutham...namakkul indha porutham.
    :P maami marumaa na summavaa?
    Sarva dharman parithyajya mamekam sharanam vraja, aham thva sarvapapebhyo mokshayishyami ma suchaha

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mgb's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurukshetra - The Land of Baghvad-Gita

Kurukshetra is on the way from Chandigarh to Delhi ( 160 kms from Delhi and 60 kms from Chandigarh ). It was here that the battle of Mahabharat was fought and Lord Krishna preached his Philosophy of 'KARMA' as enshrined in the Holy Bhagwad-Gita, to Arjuna at Jyotisar. In the very first verse of Bhagwad-Gita, Kurukshetra is described as Dharamkshetra i.e. 'Region of righteousness'.

Kurukshetra is also one of the very few places visited by all the Sikh Gurus. It is here the eighth Sikh guru Harkishan performed a miracle of making a deaf and dumb boy recite verses from the Bhagvad-Gita.

As we keep moving into the battle field we can see dark red clay everywhere, signifying the blood shed happened here 3000 years ago . More so in the places in and around Baan-Ganga ( the place where Bhishama was laid in the bed of arrows by arjun to facilitate him to attain mukthi on ekadhasi ).

I reached Kurukshetra at 8 am, some time in the last week of December. We straight away went to 'Brahma Sarover'. It is a huge tank with the temple in the middle. Because of the timing of my visit, the entire place was with fog and it looked like really getting into the abode of Brahma ( as we have seen in the film 'saraswati sabadham' :P ). The sight was marvellous and beyond explanation by words . We were told, visiting there during Solar eclipse and Amavasya is of importance. The belief is that, taking a dip in that tank on the day of the Eclipse brings upon one the blessings of having performed the 'Ashwa Medha Yajna' and having a dip on the days of Amavasya brings salvation form all sins.

Then we visited the Jagannaath temple and Sharveshwar mahadev temple opposite to the Brahma sarover.

We didnt visit 'Sannith sarover'.

We visited Bhadarkali temple.

Then we proceeded to JYOTISAR which is the birth place of Baghvad-Gita. There was a huge banyan tree ( the original tree has vanished and the subsequent trees have come from that and so on for the last 3000 years) under which supposedly, Lord Krishna delivered the doctrine of Karma to a wavering Arjun. There is a glorious marble chariot with krishna and arjun depicting this.

A piece of information for sm_maddy:
    When Yudishthir renounced the throne and set out for heaven with the other Pandavs and their wife, Droupadi, with them also went a doggie which represented Dharma :P

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my naughty colleague locked the cell when I went in just to see and took photos of me behind bars
    :P photo please

We can also see the gallows where freedom fighters were hanged.
    I will also cover something similar to this while covering 'Jallian Walabagh'

Many of us picked up beautiful corals from the sea shore and everything was confiscated during check-in at the airport.
    nice-a confiscate panra itemslaam eduthadhu illaama, azhuga veraya

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice info.
    Sudha
    Coimbatore

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kurukshetra - The Land of Baghvad-Gita

Quote Originally Posted by mgb

As we keep moving into the battle field we can see dark red clay everywhere, signifying the blood shed happened here 3000 years ago . More so in the places in and around Baan-Ganga ( the place where Bhishama was laid in the bed of arrows by arjun to facilitate him to attain mukthi on ekadhasi ).

I reached Kurukshetra at 8 am, some time in the last week of December. We straight away went to 'Brahma Sarover'. It is a huge tank with the temple in the middle. Because of the timing of my visit, the entire place was with fog and it looked like really getting into the abode of Brahma ( as we have seen in the film 'saraswati sabadham' :P ). The sight was marvellous and beyond explanation by words .

We were told, visiting there during Solar eclipse and Amavasya is of importance. The belief is that, taking a dip in that tank on the day of the Eclipse brings upon one the blessings of having performed the 'Ashwa Medha Yajna' and having a dip on the days of Amavasya brings salvation form all sins.
    :hmmm:

There was a huge banyan tree ( the original tree has vanished and the subsequent trees have come from that and so on for the last 3000 years) under which supposedly, Lord Krishna delivered the doctrine of Karma to a wavering Arjun.
    :wowwwww:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb
    One of my naughty colleague locked the cell when I went in just to see and took photos of me behind bars
    :P photo please

SETHHEN. En office kindal mudiyave 7 - 8 masamachu. Hub la vera mattikanuma ?

Many of us picked up beautiful corals from the sea shore and everything was confiscated during check-in at the airport.
    nice-a confiscate panra itemslaam eduthadhu illaama, azhuga veraya
    beachla summa kidakkira coral edutha adhaiyum pudunganuma ?
    Sudha
    Coimbatore

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kurukshetra - The Land of Baghvad-Gita

Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    We were told, visiting there during Solar eclipse and Amavasya is of importance. The belief is that, taking a dip in that tank on the day of the Eclipse brings upon one the blessings of having performed the 'Ashwa Medha Yajna' and having a dip on the days of Amavasya brings salvation form all sins.
    :hmmm:
    naan anga poitu vandhadhaala, edhavadhu kutti sin panni irundhingana, en kitta oru kuttu vaanginda andha sin sariya poidum :P

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast