Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bhagwadgita - thinam oru shlokam

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    therilaye arthi , bathil kidaicha solren (post panren)

kurukshetra is the name of the place (does it have any reason I dont know)

dharmakshetre is because always (before this kaliyuga) war might have had righteous reasons. only dharma wins. So its a place where dharma strives apdeenu irukalaam.

ethelaam en sontha karpanai, I shall let u know, if i find out.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Arthi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guruji... i know to some extent....
    by giving answers to above question... this topic should not be deviated...

so asked relavent??????

as already KURU is bolded... it is because of the king KURU the place was called as kurushEtram

yuga was Dwapara Yuga but am not sure
    Sarva dharman parithyajya mamekam sharanam vraja, aham thva sarvapapebhyo mokshayishyami ma suchaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Please post arthi. I said all discussions pertaining to the shlokas/real life incidents for the betterment or taking of our mind, can be carried on.

Only digression would be IRRELAVANT comments, or CHAT which we would not do.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mgb's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    All i know with my brief scent of that place is that, the pandavas and kouravas hail from kuru clan and hence that shetra is called kurushetra meaning land of kurus.
    It was also called dharmashetra ( meaning land of righteousness) because the war was against injustice meted out to pandavas and it also resulted in the 'philosophy of karma'.

Idhu kelvignanamdhaan. Thavaru irundhaal mannikkavum.

Post Thanks / Like
    The story is big. i just share teh PEyar karanam of kurushEtram.

it was bcoz of the king KURU the battle field was named as kurushEtram

who was KURU????

He was the grandson of King Vishiparva. sorry forgot parents name.

KURU's father had 2 wives.

one was(first wife) devayai daughter of Shukracharya.
    The other one was King Vishiparva's(Princess) daughter.

(Because of one curse Vishiparva's daughter bacame DEVAYANI's maid and went with devayani after her marriage with the KING. and then the princess became the second wife of DEVAYAN"s husband)

one day devayani came to know about her husband's secret relationship with Vishiparva's daughter. she ran to her father Shukracharya and explained about her husband's quality.
    (The king got 2 sons through DEVAYANI and 3 sons through Vishiparva's daughter)

Shukracharya cursed the king that he will no longer retain his youth. The king went back home and explained about his curse to his sons, and pleaded them to exchange his old age with their youth

Devayani's sons refused it. the last son of Vishiparva's daughter who was KURU gave his youth to his father.

KURU's father enjoyed the wordly life and atlast realised about life and went in search of peace. so he returned the youth to his son and accepted his ripe(thirundhitaar illa adhan RIPE ) old age and gave his kingdom to KURU.

this was the way how Kaurava dynasty was formed. KURU became a great emperor. sages practises auestirities,yagna , sacrifices and all in the vast region which became Kurukshetra.

Since DHARMA was practised in Kurukshetra which became Dharma-Kshetra
    Sarva dharman parithyajya mamekam sharanam vraja, aham thva sarvapapebhyo mokshayishyami ma suchaha

Post Thanks / Like
    arthi.. i seriously thought you wanted to know some info on kurukshetra.. thats why i tried what i came to know when i visited that place.. i donno why you asked the question when you already knew the answer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb
    arthi.. i seriously thought you wanted to know some info on kurukshetra.. thats why i tried what i came to know when i visited that place.. i donno why you asked the question when you already knew the answer
    i just asked shallwe discuss such questions also here... or only abt sloka...as the title says "dhinam oru slokam"

I was doubtful whether those question wld deviate from the CRUX of this thread. anyway i do no tknow much

have u been to kurukshetra???? cld u plz explain ur experience ????

Post Thanks / Like
    oh appadiya..

i have been kurukshetra lot of times.. but let us not discuss this here.. this thread will become general in nature

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb
    oh appadiya..

i have been kurukshetra lot of times.. but let us not discuss this here.. this thread will become general in nature

conpesion-a eruku
    guruji varranga

Post Thanks / Like
    He is right arthi.

His experiences may not relate to this thread, i.e. it may be general in nature, hence it need not be discussed here.

There is nothign to be confused.

thx ganehs and arthi for that interesting piece of info.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast