Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Richard Bach

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi friends,RB is one of my favourite writer.i read his book JLS by chance and i was very much impressed by his works.Then i read his all other boosk like ILLUSIONS,STRANGER TO THE GROUND,GIFT OF WINGS.
    but i donno i din't like the last two like JLS and ILLUSIONS.i hope to finish all his books soon...ILLUSIONS is best book of allteh books i have read.
    Attitude is stronger than fact !!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't remember the title of the book I read. But it was this guy who travelled in a bi-plane? and keeps landing in people's barns, etc.!! While he awaits the repairs, he preaches.....and then ups and leaves one fine day, with people running after him, calling him, the Messiah????

I don't make much sense, do I?????? Sorry, for my confused, befuddled state, People!!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

ONE

Right now reading , the book "ONE" - by Richard Bach. Even in this book he maintains his charm. I haven't seen any body mentioning about these books like "one","stranger to ground","Gift of wings"...etc..

hey friends read these books too...as of my taste "one " is also a best work from Richard.
    Attitude is stronger than fact !!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had read the "ONE" . It was the story of a reluctant messiah. Interesting story and the first person narrative is a wonderful tool to bring authenticity and believability to the story whic makes the characters endearing. I have picked up "The bridge across forever" . I have read through some 80+ pages so far. It has so many intersting passages where Bach introduces some mind bending concepts on life and Love and how we perceive it. In one passage he introduces "The observer" and his interesting conversations with the observer. Only disturbing point in the book so far (for the conditioned, traditional Indian mind) is the casual way of sharing love with many women all in the pretext of searching for a soulmate!!! My mind screams of promiscuity, however it could be typical lack of understanding of the culture from my side. Anyways, will finish the complete book and post further.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jaiganes,

I used to be huge fan of RB 10 yrs ago but slowly when my reading extended i just got away from him. but still i consider his 'Illusions' was an eye opener for me. Added to RB's Books if we read 'Stephen Hawkings' - ' Brief History Of Time' , 'Gary Zukovs' - 'Dancing WuLi Masters' and 'Tao of physics' - 'Fritjaf Capra' we could get into deeper meaning of RB's Theories.

Post Thanks / Like
    JG Said:
    I had read the "ONE" . It was the story of a reluctant messiah.
    JG: I think you are referring to "Illusions - Confessions of a Reluctant Messiah"

One was another story - a bit complicated, when he and his wife journey to parallel existences of sorts.
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234