View Poll Results: Do u guys believe that atleast 50% of these plans will materialise in the next 5 to 10 years ??

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 33.33%
  • No

2 33.33%
  • Not Sure

2 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Madurai > A future metro ???

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas
    Dear Selva,

Saw this only today. Great to read.

There are certain things that have already started like RR Industries Project at Sholankuricchi and Sahara City at Ring Road Avaniapuram .It is also a fact that Thangam Theatre has been bought by GV Films and Airport expansion works have also started.

இதில் 50% வந்தால் கூட நம்ம மதுரை எங்கேயோ போய் விடும். அந்நாள் விரைவில் வர வேண்டுவோம்.

வரும் என்ற நம்பிக்கையில் வாக்களிக்கிறேன்.

Regards

Murali sir,
    Glad to hear about these things. Ithuvae periya news ah irukku :P

Do u feel that any of the above plans are practically impossible to implement w.r.t Madurai ?

and being a person from Madurai,

what do you feel about the concerns that the city's outlook will get changed / (destroyed ?? )

Quote Originally Posted by rocketboy
    Everything else is Okay . But no IT park , no software companies please !!! Madurai is a bastion of tamizh culture . I like places like Madurai , Thanjavur and Tiruchi mainly for their semi-urban semi-rural look. I agree that people living in towns like Madurai should get their fair share of development funds. But do we need to set up IT companies everywhere to make the wheel of economy roll . IT comps pose a very serious threat to the pristine beauty of the temple town. Any other industry say textile , manufacturing , food will make use of locally available manpower only . But thats not the case with IT companies. If the people in power are keen to the take the burgeoning load off Chennai they should seriously think of developing dingy towns like Salem.
    I don't know why you have so much hatred towards IT guys.

People like me love to work in Madurai or even in Sivakasi.

Going to work from Virudhunagar through train at 8am in the morning in the Erode express and returning to home at 6pm is one of those things that every IT guy working now in Bangalore, pune etc will LOVE TO HAVE. :P And that too, with MOTHER'S FOOD.

And Madurai la velai paarthuttu, sontha oorula Or madurai la FIRST DAY FIRST SHOW padam paarkurathu :P

I want these things to be completed with 5 years :P That is my wish. Let us hope that IT guys maintain the look of Madurai
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Sudhaama,

Can any of us Answer.? Only the Politicians in power can answer.
    I agree that no one will have confidence on the question in the poll since everything is in the hands of our politicians.

I just wanted to know what our hubbers feel on the plans.

As Badri pointed out, there are chances for the private firms to open up their shops in Madurai.

If Madurai is really so developed as a Metro... the whole of the Region around...

...from Kanyakumari to Kodaikanal will rapidly advance...

..enriching all the people highly... by means of Subsidiary Industries and Trade.

Madurai the Ever Great City of Glory... in the global perspective too...

...deserves all these Development-plans and MORE too.!!!
    Yes. The surrounding areas will get more benefits.

If they develop the second tier cities like coimbatore, madurai, salem, tirunelveli, trichy etc then certainly the growth will be good and it will have an equal spread
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    Dear Sudhaama,

Can any of us Answer.? Only the Politicians in power can answer.
    I agree that no one will have confidence on the question in the poll since everything is in the hands of our politicians.

I just wanted to know what our hubbers feel on the plans. ...
    Dear Selvakumar,

You have not caught my point. What you mean I understood...But.?

My point is ONLY on your POLL QUESTION....

I am surprised... You have not yet corrected the Poll Question... as can be possible for our reply...

..along with fulfilling the purpose of the Poll Question... provided here

Your present Poll Question is similar to...

... a Question to us..." Will the Surgeon conduct the Operation successfully... as he assures.?"

What can You or I or anybody can answer.?

Only the Surgeon alone can answer..

...without any LAME-EXCUSES.... on his Lapses.!!!

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Selva,

As for as I know all the projects are viable and the impossible factor is not there. Only thing is people concerned should definitely manasu vaikkanum. If the official machinery is serious enough then all these things can be brought up.

As for as destroying the ancient-ness of Madurai or anything connected with that, I fail to understand how development can inflict such a injury. Basically all the projects mentioned are going to come up in the outskirts of Madurai and even some projects inside the corporation limits are located to the north of river Vaigai.
    Madurai can preserve it's ancient culture without doubt.

Another point why all these has to come to Madurai because otherwise Madurai will permanently end up in the backwardness category and migration would one day become exodus and this city would be at the mercy of Kandhu vattikkarargal and cut throat politicians. Pray such a fate does not befall Madurai.

Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12