Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Director Mahendran & IR movies - mullum malarum

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by tvsankar
    Mullum Malarum Climax

Enaku migavum piditha mudivu idhu.
    Especially the last one minute or so, no dialogues just God-awesome BGM and very good expressions from the actors kavithai kavithai!!

Another scene from Johnny in which the BGM is particulary impressive. The two theme music bits of the movie interspersing beautifully. Adds to the beauty of the scene..
    how i wish Mahendran joins hands with RK and does another film or two now!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by tvsankar
    Mullum Malarum Climax

Enaku migavum piditha mudivu idhu.
    Especially the last one minute or so, no dialogues just God-awesome BGM and very good expressions from the actors kavithai kavithai!!

Another scene from Johnny in which the BGM is particulary impressive. The two theme music bits of the movie interspersing beautifully. Adds to the beauty of the scene..
    how i wish Mahendran joins hands with RK and does another film or two now!
    It ill not work.
    KaiKodukkum Kai was the last Mahendran - RK movie with IR music. There was a distinct edge missing..
    Also with RK fans needing "hey hey" title music - saripattu varaadhu.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    It ill not work.
    KaiKodukkum Kai was the last Mahendran - RK movie with IR music. There was a distinct edge missing..
    Also with RK fans needing "hey hey" title music - saripattu varaadhu.
    Jaiganesh,

Yes, it won't. I was not happy when Mahendran couldn't work with Raja for his Sasanam due to budget constraint. He also started Uthiraatha pookal with Deva but didn't shape up. I hope he does movies with Raja again with new or upcoming artists instead of stars.
    'யுவன் இன்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது!'

Senior Member Senior Hubber Sid_316's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Y did Mahendran Stop making movies until 2006? and y does he not direct often? any idea?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    மகேந்திரன் ஆவணப்படம் எடுத்துகொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள்

Mods, please take out the "guest" part from the title of this thread and make it exclusive to Mahendran in TF section...I couldn't find another, neither it's listed in RR's list in the FAQ thread on top...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine, when this thread started
    I'm unfortunate to have missed out all the successful films of Mahendran - udhirippookkaL, muLLum malarum, nenjaththaikkiLLAdhe - I haven't seen these three I lovvvve each of the songs from these movies and one day I'll see the movies too, hopefully.
    I've seen all three now Great movies! MM & UP got their deserved spots in my "best ever 10", in the thread discussing that topic

Post Thanks / Like
    Revive. Jaiaganes - saarE, pls write here.

Post Thanks / Like
    tan Q very much.
    Awesome film maker and what an impressive collaborator for raasappu.
    Many directors have worked with raasappu to get super hit songs, but very few have managed to
    get songs from raasappu that makes the listener feel the earth slip out of his/her feet. Mahendran saar,
    no matter what later day pundits say about his technique, undeniably and unequivocally was a master
    in getting such songs out of our Maestro. The first Mahendran song that created such an effect on me was
    this special gem sung by jency. The song had everything in it for a boy to not listen to it or become enamoured by it.
    It was a female solo and for a lady who comes to terms with her feelings for a man. Before I can write about it.. Let me insert the
    link here..

What a song? the beauty is not isolated in its technique or instrumentation or lyrics or singing - It is in the soul of the song.
    It transcends the lyrics and presents the tickling in one's heart like one were holding a beautiful butterfly in the palms of their hands..
    Years later the song leaves the same impression in my mind. Balu Mahendra, Mahendran and Shoba put their soul into the song to
    make it all the more worthy. Royal salute due for Mahendran to have inspired Raasappu to give us this wonderful treasure.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look, I am fine with Raaja, or Raja, or Raasa or Rasa even Rasaiyah, or plain IR. Raasappu ellam too much. It reminds me of tEnggApoo, I say Otherwise continue...
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    This Raasappu thing started with Nandalaala for me - but inspiration is Vadivelu who addressed "Prabhu" thus in "Raajakumaran". nemba irritationaa irundhaa korachukkaren..
    God Bless sollikaren.
    - Gore Vidal

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast