Page 164 of 166 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166 LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1659

Thread: Which ARR song you recently listened to?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by svaisn View Post
    Another ARR Genre song... which is mesmerizing

Maari mazhai peiyaatho from Uzhavan

What a song... 100% justice by Shahul hameed....
    Miss this ARR and the talented singer too...
    one of my favorites...
    watta song... watta tune...
    Sach is Life..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber svaisn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword View Post
    one of my favorites...
    watta song... watta tune...
    Very true
    If Sahul was alive... he would have definitely made it BIgggggggggggg
    Karthik -Happy Illa

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alka Yagnik P. Jayachandran

Milo wahan

Blood boils when such songs get lost in time Alka mam's humming portion is akin to Meenaxi's Rang Hai...

Post Thanks / Like
    Arima Arima

Thalaivar glorifying Thalaivar. This IS the best shot song for Rajini Da!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wishing you A Very Happy Birthday Sunil!. On this beautiful occasion, I am sharing my biggest Rahman favorite of all times with you. One of the best piece of music I have ever heard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww, appreciate the love Sir! Call it a coincidence but I was going to write about this song a few days ago. A party isn't a party without this number... guaranteed success... Definitely should be one of the first songs played at any joyous occasion. A great dance number where Rahman Ji hasn't compromised on the melody one bit. Love the part at 2:12.

Thanks again! Ooh La Lala

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dotted Line from People Like Us...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only read one or two music reviews as I don’t want to get too influenced. Anyway I’m too immature to review an album like “Jab Tak Hai Jaan”.

I don’t really listen to music for lyrics but when the lyrics are in my mother tongue (Punjabi) and Rahman Ji is behind the music then I have no option but to unintentionally pay a slight bit of scrutiny. “Heer” and “Challa” are like chalk and cheese but somehow conjure up the same feelings and deep down explore a similar message with relation to the divine.

“Heer”

Emotions in music are usually expressed well via Woodwind and Strings and percussion instruments rarely convey more than one emotion. However, the ”Dafli” is one such drum that doesn’t fit in this equation as I believe it expresses happiness, love, passion and sorrow. It basically covers most if not the entire emotion spectrum. This song will have a different effect on different people, some listeners might find it a happy love song and some might feel the pain while others might pick up on both emotions. Either way, this song is definitely a testimony for any person that can control their emotions and really does question whether self-control or emotion is greater. The only way to control emotions is to completely lose yourself in the devotion of the divine. Every emotion that one has is temporary and doesn’t affect for a long term. In this song and probably in reality, love is not an emotion, it is everlasting. “Heer Ranjha” and “Mirza Sahiba” saw the divine in each other hence even today many lovers are inspired by their tales. The verses show that the central character of the song sees herself in her love.

The prelude has this sparkling humming backed by an Acoustic guitar which sets the tone of the song straight away. The yearning for love is expressed as well as the grief when one (a newlywed girl) leaves her family to go to her in-laws. The message of this song is that love is blind and it does this by paying homage to two epic Punjabi love tragedies: “Heer Ranjha” and “Mirza Sahiba”. While the former is a story of lovers separated by wealth and poverty, the latter is about lovers who belong to different tribes.

While the song explores nostalgia via folk it also strikes a chilling lounge vibe. The former is displayed by the earthy cum dolorous vocals and the latter by the obvious easy on ear Guitars and the Bass Drum and Rim. Both nostalgic and contemporary worlds meet at a bridge, which in the songs case is orchestral usage of “Saans”.

“Saans”

This can be termed as a journey, it’s not a song. It’s not just “Saans” but every song in this album makes me feel that Rahman Ji has stopped making music because we all know what music is but this is something else and it’s on another platform altogether.
    Musically and lyrically, “Saans” reaches unreachable heights. The orchestration really does sound like a train and we all know Rahman Ji and Gulzar have already released a blockbuster song with a train theme. Other pictures that are depicted through this song are images of the night. All of the pictures are conjured up in the prelude itself. The train aspect is further supported by the Flute piece at 0.30 while the night is reflected by the choral chants and hypnotic bells. However, out of the blue Rahman Ji manages to weave in a Sarangi proving his unquestionable genius creativity.

Even though, there are vast musical flavours in this song, the overall structure/musical genre that glows the most here is Reggae (timbales and tambourine). So here it is, the song displays, Western Classical, Reggae as well Celtic which pops up in the second interlude thanks to the Bagpipes. Who would have thought that Bagpipes would go with Reggae music, it is certainly something that hasn’t been deeply ventured into, however Rahman Ji doesn’t leave any stone unturned in finding innovation here.

The vintage Flute piece at 4:03 just proves that in this song where there is so much experimentation in terms of musical genres, Rahman Ji has still found the scope to also experiment with Raags.

“Mujhe Saans Aayi”

“Mujhe Saans Nahin Aayi” – Rahman Ji has taken my breath away with this heavenly composition!

More to come...

Happy listening!

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post
    Alka Yagnik P. Jayachandran

Milo wahan

Blood boils when such songs get lost in time Alka mam's humming portion is akin to Meenaxi's Rang Hai...
    Soul stirring song. I'm in awe of this beauty. I feel so happy to unearth this gem and great to see it with breath-taking visuals. Brilliantly done.

Thanks for sharing Sunil

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    this song has been resurrected for me from a master piece of an album called Delhi 6 thnx to the stellar performance by you know who in unglugged..goosebumps all over..

Last edited by raghavendran; 6th November 2012 at 03:23 PM.
    Say My Name