Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166
Results 1,651 to 1,659 of 1659

Thread: Which ARR song you recently listened to?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Yathu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    @SS - yeah really looking forward to Mariyan & Raanjhnaa. Dhanush is definitely on a musical high in his career!

@Sunil - Thanks man! ^^

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    super heavy

Winners dont wait for chances. They grab them.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A.R. Rahman and his “Unsung Heroes”

I personally think that it’s not fair to question an ARR fan’s loyalty. There are different levels of loyalty i.e. the extent of, promoting ARR music, promoting ARR philosophy, etc. If someone asked Rahman Ji if he rather prefer his fans promoting his music blindly or giving him constructive criticisms then it might not be easy as the concept of true fans giving criticisms seems a joke. Most of us probably promote certain songs even if we are only partially satisfied with them. But it’s really important to understand the connection between promotion and feedback (I dislike using the word criticism as it normally has a negative connotation).

Just like other contributors in this group I too sometimes get carried away and act as if I know ARR personally but whilst most of us here are having interesting discussions here and there, somebody somewhere is actually using Rahman Ji’s music for its true potential and worth.

These “Unsung Heroes” who don’t spend much time on forums, online, blogs, etc. execute a great deal of action but sadly don’t get acknowledgement or credit they deserve primarily because they don’t feel the need to gloat online. Please don’t get me wrong and I’m not implying that there lots of fans in this group who wear the pride of an ARR fan on their sleeve.

I witnessed this “Unsung Hero” at work yesterday. I’ve been asked to do night shifts at my work (Care Home) recently and my colleague, the night nurse who co-incidentally is Tamil usually plays Rahman Ji tunes on shuffle in her room. I can hear these tunes when I pass by. (I haven’t had the guts to approach her and talk about Rahman Ji yet). I think I witnessed history yesterday night, as there was a resident screaming and shouting probably due to pain or discomfort and this night nurse walks around with her blackberry phone with Rahman Ji’s music playing lightly on it. When she entered this residents room where I too was present, “Anbendra” had come on and shortly after this the resident had calmed down and started smiling. Magic? I don’t think so! Rahman Ji’s music certainly has divine power which because we hear often take it for granted. We are fortunate to hear such compositions. The resident who was in pain is of English origin, can’t speak but to see the transformation smile that “Anbendra” brought with it to her made me realise there are so many other people out there using Rahman Ji’s music for therapeutic purposes. The connection between promotion and feedback is about that moment of time and not how the two are done over period of time.

I don’t know how much I can say to express my gratitude to these “Unsung Heroes”. Thank you is not enough! I salute A.R. Rahman and his “Unsung Heroes”.

Post Thanks / Like

That was Harini then...

...and this is her now.

The innocence is still intact!

Post Thanks / Like
    Namekame - I’m oblivious to Telugu so why do I cry whenever I hear this composition? Give me any religious song to hear and I guarantee that I won't be able to control my emotions.

I recently heard a song, "Maranatha, Come lord jesus". I've been hearing this and "Namakame" on loop for almost an hour now

Post Thanks / Like
    R.I.P Vaali #Maryan Naetru Aval - The Sky Is Lit With 100 Moons. Blue Doves Flying Here And There.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, what was that? I can't believe I've never heard b4! Chor Chor Theme Music 4:50 onwards http://www.raaga.com/player4/?id=498...53028218996027 #ThirudaThiruda

Post Thanks / Like
    Hearing Jaage Hain from Guru made me think, will I hear such song from Rahman Ji ever again?!

The realist has corrected the pessimist in me with regards to this thought...

ARR need not even attempt to recreate or repeat a song of this stature. Some compositions stand out tall and this is because they don't have any comparison from the past or present, therefore we often certify them as being Once In A Lifetime!

Rahman Ji enters the song with a husky and mellow voice and then...wait for it...blossoms with higher octaves which if sung or attempted by other singers would sound like a hit or miss but with ARR you can be sure it will always sound on point and it is this precise peripeteia why the song is revered by many.

The song's title in its literal sense is definitely a wake up call! The Bass, Cellos, Violins, Woodwinds, Horns, Chorale group also shift gears in this song as in the beginning are less layered but with Rahman Ji's vocal transition they too gather momentum and flourish in parallel.

This song is the soul of the film, Gulzar Ji's lyrics speak of conquering dreams and desires and are the core values reflected by the lead character who's name is, Guru (English: Teacher).

I know no other Guru than Rahman Ji and that's all I see and hear before me.

Happy Listening!