Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bullroarers - from the Dravidians to Australia?

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Davie - The only reason I haven't replied to your theories is that I know absolutely nothing about that area of study. I'm an artist/anthropologist and have not studied any physical anthropology since back in the dark ages of my undergrad degree when they had barely acknowledged continental drift :-) If you talk linguistics or mythical systems or geometry, I can join the conversation but otherwise I listen.
    Very much wanted -- ANYTHING you know or suspect about bullroarers and magic wheels in human history

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bethe,

Thanx for your exhaustive reply!

I would respond to some of points you have made, and pose some of my doubts on certain things. Lemme come back again a bit later
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இந்திய தேசியம், இந்திய நீதி, இந்திய தருமம்:
    இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote="geno"]Bethe,

Thanx for your exhaustive reply!
    quote]

Over Lollu pa!
    Tata for now.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    @bethe
    i dont know what u mean by geometry or mythical systems, but if u want to discuss about the nice languages india, u will find intresting relations between sanskrit, thamizh and some other western languages.

@querida
    no comments. cachya later

@reena.
    why did u read this thread and most importantly why did u write some lines which is of no use to me or anyone

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reena

Over Lollu pa!
    Reena!

I wasn't writing anything funny! I dont know why you would ascribe "lollu" to my post!

The Dr. Bethe here has some interesting things to say. Perhaps you should go back and read all the posts made here by evyone, as also my post regarding Dr. Spencer wells' theory.

Querida, Davie!

Thanx for your thoughts too people!!

I'm absolutely interested in further thoughts reg. that theory of wells'

I'm willing to learn

write more ppl!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok guys back to the famous topic
    I wanted to bring this issue for all the indian friends and want everyone to think.
    If a person looks dark he need not be african!!!
    Chinese are white, but they are not european.

And africans have curly hairs. Indians dont.
    Explain this first before arguing about why indians are dark.
    Dont change human race into black and white. We have millions of colours and different species of humans just like birds.
    If u dont want to accept this all royal brown morons go to europe and get discrimated.
    I was away for some time and morons have messed up the history section.
    and last warning for posts like reena. Stay back all retards.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    come on shit with Davie. Retards

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi davie and others in this interesting thread.
    I am not a student of anthropology (much less an expert on this topic).
    So I appreciate what Davie and Bethe in tandem with geno are trying to do here. So a little more of instructed and directed thinking can help before posting unsubstantiated opinions as theories.

Davie's questions:
    If a person looks dark he need not be african!!!
    Chinese are white, but they are not european.
    True I agree with that fact. Your earlier mention that tanning over time(generations) increases melanin and therefore changes the original colour seems OK, however a few doubts are there.
    We can see very fair Indians even in the most hot places in India, why hasn't the effect of tanning hasn't caught on to them?(I hope we agree that Indians are one of the most divergent group of people who have been able to maintain individual differences with the help of a highly oppressive and stupid racial/caste system. However this limited crossing also helps us to observe the racial differences and their root analysis much more plausible/possible. )
    And africans have curly hairs. Indians dont.
    Again since India is so huge and divergent you seem to have come to this conclusion. I have observed that many babies in India are initially born with curly hairs (I cannot substantiate the counter that babies born everwhere have curly hair). However due to the use of oil and regular "Hair offerings" to deities, the original hair is lost and more artificial fashioning makes everyones hair style similar. I again don't know whether Africans have the habit of "offering" hair of the newborn to their deities. I cannot substantiate with proofs how this custom/habit of offering hair to deities originated, I need to dig deeper into ancient literature of Thamizhs and Indians in general , unfortunately my expertise do not lie there.
    So in all fairness, i have expressed some of my observations without much careful analysis. I cannot claim to have put up a carefully constructed post either. So I would be happy if experts like Davie and Bethe are able to prune my post of chafes and get even a single valuable point.
    Geno!! We can dig up the thamizh literature to see why most south indians shave their head? It seems to be a very odd habit.
    Bethe, If you can please mail me the file you were mentioning about bull roarers. In thamizh literature there is a mention of a tool called "Kavan" which is nothing but a sling shot. It was a tool used by sheperds and people who had to take their cattle for grazing. If you can provide more details on this tool, people like geno or me (time permitting) can dig up some literature for evidences of this.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do dark skinned Indians look anything like Africans? NO, they are completely different. Do so called "dravidians" look anything like Africans? No, There is no such thing as the "dravidian" race.

All this aryan/dravidian crap is bs. If it is true, why are the only people that support it LTTE extremists and white supremicists(Timothy McVeigh for example). Modern science, logic and historical data has proven the aryan/dravidian crap wrong...so dont bother debating it.

Senior Member Regular Hubber Ilavenil's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethe
    Basically, they are a piece of thin wood, bone, flint material shaped into an oval, rectangle, or other elongated shape. There is a hole or nub at one end to which you attach a string. Then, you swing it over your head in a circle and it creates a roaring sound.

As you will see our current aboriginals are direct genetic descendants of Dravidian Indians who migrated here to Australia following the 1500 BC geo cataclysm which terminated the Indus Valley civilization.

Thanks for your patience with this long message.
    Hi Dr. Bethe,

Interesting. The bull roarers sounds like something used in the paddy field to chase away birds. I remember reading similar instrument being used by "Godess Valli" in the paddy field before meeting "Lord Murugan". May be someone who knows tamil literature can comment on this.

I am eagerly waiting for you to find about the bull roarers and please share with us what you have learnt. There are some people in this forum who claim that there isn't a race called Dravidian race. Please don't bother about them.

Dr.Wells says some Dravidians went to Australia through Java, Sumatra since in those days there were land connecting Asia with Australia. Gene marker says so. Australian aborigines look a lot like Dravidians.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...an/photo3.html
    thamizhil ezhuththup pizhai irunthal mannithu thiruththavum.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever, i'll stay out of this thread provided that people from AP are not categorized as "dravidians".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast