Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tamil films as India's Oscar Nominee

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by equanimus
    Quote Originally Posted by thilak4life
    I'm hoping for the day some of the brilliant Tamil films to be appreciated in the same vein!
    Occasionally, I hope for that too. The occasions being whenever I hear someone mention "the changing face of Tamil cinema wherein we've started making ulagaththara padangal like Veyil, Paruthiveeran and Katradhu Thamizh." Ah, such lack of hindsight is appalling to say the least.
    Yeah, but when we make a "Hey! Raam" or "Iruvar" !?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    But anyday, "Oscar" rules over any award from this country!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm hoping for the day some of the brilliant Tamil films to be appreciated in the same vein!
    Occasionally, I hope for that too. The occasions being whenever I hear someone mention "the changing face of Tamil cinema wherein we've started making ulagaththara padangal like Veyil, Paruthiveeran and Katradhu Thamizh." Ah, such lack of hindsight is appalling to say the least.
    Thilak,
    I'm not sure if I made myself clear. I mean to ask, "Dude! appo idhu varaikkum eduththadhellAm?!!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thilak,
    I'm not sure if I made myself clear. I mean to ask, "Dude! appo idhu varaikkum eduththadhellAm?!!"
    Wokay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thilak,
    Wokay.
    Hindsight was the keyword. When Vasanthabalan goes to Cannes (god bless him, I am not miffed at all), there's a lot of talk as if we have made nothing like this before.

Of course, I find the oh-we-keep-churning-classics-but-America-just-doesn't-listen even more silly (much, much sillier) in comparison. Thangar Bachchaan in all seriousness says in one of his interviews that he has sent his Pallikkoodam to Cannes, and he expects a major award! (He did say 'best film' or something to that effect.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thilak,
    Wokay.
    Hindsight was the keyword. When Vasanthabalan goes to Cannes (god bless him, I am not miffed at all), there's a lot of talk as if we have made nothing like this before.

Of course, I find the oh-we-keep-churning-classics-but-America-just-doesn't-listen even more silly (much, much sillier) in comparison. Thangar Bachchaan in all seriousness says in one of his interviews that he has sent his Pallikkoodam to Cannes, and he expects a major award! (He did say 'best film' or something to that effect.)
    The point is, the lack of voice and reason. Except for a few quality reviewers, we have no good evaulation in place. We also have a very gullible audience who would end up thinking of "Tamil MA" in the same vein of a "Taxi driver" without seein' 'em or dissecting 'em!

Post Thanks / Like
    My only advice to Thangar would be, "Hey, Confidence ellAm nallA thAn irukku, unmaiyAve kooda nambunga, paravA illai. manasula Ayiram AsaigaL irukkum, but just don't tell anyone, least of all in a TV show!"

Post Thanks / Like
    The point is, the lack of voice and reason. Except for a few quality reviewers, we have no good evaulation in place. We also have a very gullible audience who would end up thinking of "Tamil MA" in the same vein of a "Taxi driver" without seein' 'em or dissecting 'em!
    On that note, Thilak, here's the review of "No Smoking" at The Hindu. No prizes for guessing whose review it could be! Mind-numbingly stupid.

Post Thanks / Like
    On that note, Thilak, here's the review of "No Smoking" at The Hindu. No prizes for guessing whose review it could be! Mind-numbingly stupid.
    (I'm such a masochist when it comes to reading the Hindu reviews, although it's a matter of principle in avoiding this particular writer's junk 'diarrhea')

On my favorites..

this and another mini-writeup here..

Now we're ! As for such 'voices', they are very less in number.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    That year I was really hoping Hey Ram gets nominated (i.e. makes it to final five).

The final winner was Crouching Tiger....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123