Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Naan Kadavul songs

Senior Member Senior Hubber raagas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nan Kadavul is quite impressive."Kannil Paarvai" is the crowning glory of the album, IMO.I could not show much interest in other songs solely because i heard them before (Picchaipaathram & Amma) and that does not mean they have any lesser merit. As days go on,my interest in IR music is more and more centering on "whats the new stuff he is doing?". When i think of that, "Kannil Paarvai" comes out as a clear winner. Here is a song where he plays on his strengths.

and CRvenky - That BGM recording video is simply fantastic. I heard that the director of 'Nandhalaala' is planning to release the backgroundscore separately. After seeing this video, i wished even Bala does he same. Someone, plzzzz try to get this message to him.

it is high time. we have talked enough about backgroundscore capabilities of IR (everyone praises it, even in media...much was written about various BGMs, people and that means not just fans, also talk highly of IR's BGMs.). But we still dont have those great scores released. I reallywish Nan Kadavul and Nandhalaala BGMs come out.

Else, I think there is a software, which extracts Voiceless BGMs from DVDs. We can do something like that.
    Just 7 notes behold a beauty of life...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJudge
    Krishnan, Crajkumar, virajan:

Yes guys. I think every IR fan will be sad and mad when hearing those cheap beats. I couldn't understand why IR has been doing this for so many years now. The beats sound like they are composed using some 100$ keyboards bought at Bestbuy. I believe Purushotaman is still around and with IR, so what is stopping him to use acoustic drums?? may be he feels it is out of fashion to use it?
    Seriously, u hav spoken my mind.

I really had that complaint about the interlude. But i have no good, in depth knowledge about this kinda music, especially carnatic based songs! So i kept my mouth shut

But this is what i thought about the song!

The song starts and goes on like a devotional song! As the song progresses to 1st interlude, suddenly i get a feel of listening to a western song . The IR goes back to the carnatic, by that solo violin towards the end of the 1st IL.

Dragun,

I completely agree with you. Sadhana and Shreya both are my fav singers, especially the latter!
    In Amma un pillai song, sadhana's pronunciation is not so good. Her voice is sweet that definitely adds charm. But the pronounciation for this divine like melodies is not at all good
    Shreya has done a better job than Sadhana! But still, not apt!
    Between these two, i'm ok with Shreya's song but definitely not with Sadhana's rendition
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    On saturday, i had to go to a place in South TN. It was a night, car journey!

I had my walkman phone with 3 NK songs (Amma un, Rudhram and Kannil Parvai) loaded!

Believ it or not, 1st one hour i listened to few other songs. But after that, I started listening to these three songs continously (in loop) for 3-4 hours! Did not switch to any other movie song! Only these three songs in loop!!! Was not at all bored!! Did the same when i was returning also!!!

Wow.... I experienced the songs!!! Soul stirring!!!

Great journey!!!!

யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by viraajan
    I really had that complaint about the interlude. But i have no good, in depth knowledge about this kinda music, especially carnatic based songs! So i kept my mouth shut
    Come on Man, I have zero knowledge in music. Even laymen like us will get irritated to hear that kind of sound in that song, everything else is so good and reminds us 80s IR. He is doing a poor job in selecting the sounds. I think he likes all the sounds in the synthesizer/electronic drum kit and uses them instead of just picking the good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by viraajan
    The song starts and goes on like a devotional song! As the song progresses to 1st interlude, suddenly i get a feel of listening to a western song . The IR goes back to the carnatic, by that solo violin towards the end of the 1st IL.
    Yes, those electronic drum beats (the beats remind me of 'then madurai vaigai nathi' from tharmaththin thalaivan) come for only a few seconds luckily strings take over the remaining parts of interludes.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber crajkumar_be's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nan Kadavul album - I'm into it, hook line and sinker
    In recent times the experience has been akin to Hey Ram, Virumaandi and Thiruvasagam albums.
    [I just can't believe the rather mild and underwhelming response shown by some Raaja fan hubbers here .yempa Uliyin Osai-ellam appadi ippadi nu sonneenga!? ]

Truly an overwhelming musical and religious experience. I just can't bring myself to listen to any other music right now...

Quote Originally Posted by crajkumar_be
    Hooked to Kannil Paarvai and Om Siva Om

First impressions on the album positive overall but with some disappointment.. more iterations needed

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ennathu shreya pronunciation bad in the song?? Just listen to:
    யார்க்கும் போலே விழிகள் இருந்தும் உலகமோ இருளில்

vizhigaL and iruLil especially. Shreya's singing in the song is God awesome. The feel is superb. Unmatchable.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Dragun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SVN
    I am enjoying the music of Kaan KadavuL and I have no doubt the BGM would rock! However I wouldn't like to be carried away with the movie itself... Though Bala's films so far have had ventured into offbeat stories, and had unique characters (often with some level of neurotic behaviour), at the core of it, all except Sethu are essentially revenge dramas, with some showing death of at least one lead character, offering a very graphic/gruesome climax. I would like to be proven wrong... but I have a feeling NK will be no different in terms of the above commonalities. The hero, pushed to a corner (following the death of a near one) is likely to explode in the climax and brutally kill all the 'bad ones'(Great shock value to audience. The gorier the visuals, the better) and probably kill himself again in a gruesome fashion (or get killed).
    I share your reservations on the film itself. I felt the same way about Pithamagan. I hope this is not merely a different setting for a lot of dishoom-dishoom, which I sort of worry about after having seen the trailer.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber crajkumar_be's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    ennathu shreya pronunciation bad in the song?? Just listen to:
    யார்க்கும் போலே விழிகள் இருந்தும் உலகமோ இருளில்

vizhigaL and iruLil especially. Shreya's singing in the song is God awesome. The feel is superb. Unmatchable.

Shreya's diction is always impeccable in IR songs (especially considering she's not a native speaker of the language)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been listening to it for the last two days. I must say this is the complete IR album I enjoyed after 1992. The mood this album creates is just perfect for a Bala's film, no non-sense songs. Great work by IR! (mOgamuL, bhArathyum irukku but this album enO sounds better than them....may be because of the theme)

'யுவன் இன்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது!'

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crajkumar_be
    The percussion in the ludes SUCKS (reeks of synth throughout the song) Raaja is not going to change this aspect at all Lame freakin tin dabba sounds..
    Freakin sounds like some cheap instrumental version of Raaja hits one hears in Chettinad restaurants
    Coming to think of it..Did he use it Deliberately to recreate the tin dabba/ aluminium plate sounds used by the beggars

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast