Page 10 of 137 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Pick of the Week: Aug 2006 - Sep 2007

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki Anna.... excellent duet that you hosted today. Mikka Nandri. I listened to it so many times but still fresh for me. BV is lovely in this song, may be her career-best-duet. Pity that she was branded as humming queen. I find a lot of flexibility in her voice and singing. Esp, in this song. PB has done good justice to her music direction.I saw the song in songs VCD collection. Kum.Padmini, one of the actresses acted in many films with Sivakumar. Excellent jodi poruththam.

Manorama has said in an interview that she had sung a song alongwith PB in IOP (Refer http://www.thehindu.com/2005/12/28/s...2817820200.htm). But not mentioned which song it is.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber Naaz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ponngudhae Punnagai

Ramki -

Evergreen duet! I also long to hear "Naane Raadha Kannaa" by Banumathy...it takes me back to those black & white Oliyum Oliyum evenings on ECTV!

If you have the PS-SPB duet "Oru Kaadhal Devathai, Iru Kannil Poo Mazhai, Ival Raja Vamsamo, Rathi Devi Amsamo" could you please feature it sometime? A song I've been craving to listen to for many, many years!

Banned Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone.
    Naaz sure.

Banned Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

athai maga thangathukku(thangamadi thangam)

Pick #373

http://tfmpage.com/stream/pow06/athai_tt.rm

Song: athai maga thangathukku
    Movie: thangamadi thangam
    Singers : PSuseela, Malaysia Vasudevan
    Lyrics: ?
    MD: iLaiyaraja

When arunprasad requested this song, i had no clue about the song. Thanks to NeelD, i got a chance to listen to it and realised that i had listened to it few times before in ilangai vanoli.
    Its a rustic duet by PS and MV. The song starts like a thalattu song but soon turns out to be a seductive one with some not so subtle lyrics(GA?). Surprisingly PS does a lot of giggling in the song(not that she is doing this for the first time).

Arunprasad mentioned in his post that TT had ambika in a dual role with SVSekar. Is the song picturised on SVS??? Hope not.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki

Indha Paadal did get a fair share of playing. However PS and MV were very poor choices. Wait. Had SJ/SPB had sung, would it have been any better? Sorry do not think so.

Anyways, what was GA thinking?

Also the movie had one more hero, was that Adam/Albert??

The movie also had some PS solos. may be Kalai sir must have mentioned sometime ago

Thanks for the song arunprasad

Bala

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have heard this song long time ago and virtually lost from my memory.Thanks Ramki & Arunprasad for bringing this song back .

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks a lot

Ramki,
    I cant thank you enough for uploading my song request. you have made my day.
    The male lead featured in the song was a novice and thankfully not svs.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki... first I am listening to this TT duet. How many songs IR had created on this base folky tune. Mudhanai mudichu "velakku vecha" has the same base.

MV sounds too folky not gelling with PS who is quite apt. Lil konjal in 2nd half is sweet

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    SN: Pls bear with me for my comments on Pongudhe punnagai song. Kora ka (aradhana) song humming has been completely copied by Banumathi. SPB strains too much in this mediocre tuned song. Becomes better in charanams. BV sings as if it is for Kutty padmini not Kumari padmini

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki, super sir!!!! all forgotten because only ilangai oliparappu used to play this at the times!!!! the other Pongudhe Punnagai is another brought back from the forgotten corner stores of our memories!!!!

seems like this is never ending! i am also searching for an exciting duet from Kanni Theevi "idhu oru pudhu vidha.."

Thanks so much for the athai maga thangathakku

btw, dhool.com has featured another lost treasure from ilangai oliparappu currently

Page 10 of 137 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast