Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Essays

Post Thanks / Like
    And you got bile from that ! (as in Tribiani's "you got hate from that" wrt to Janice). Not that it comes anew. I am Joe's complete lack of surprise.

The path of embroidery maketh not a writer. So Hemmingway could loan his extra m for the n Faulker badly needs. While at it let me crack a good oldie: the poor, arthritic baker kneads the dough badly.

Even to the left handed phantom-tip-of-the-hat to my crusty pun I tip my hat in respect. I always wear one because I always speak through it.The cradle-to-grave part cleared my head by a few inches though.

Yours humbly has never been given to pottering away. If the only the elite were mass enough I'd love to say: rowling's tone gathers no mass.. But it does and one has to bow to democrazy.

Enough about me. Pardon me being a tension grabber. I request your kind self to go on with further founts from thy quill.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    "then 'delivered' from cradle to grave" as in pizza delivery, told you it wasn't 'well done' (half baked).

A closer perusal suggests that your 1st post was perhaps devoid of bile & was a contextual rendition.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightning = wasted tubelights

Sora

When was the last time you looked up into the sky? The formless clouds, just the emptiness of the vast sky, an inescapable prison, and a well designed aquarium. Have you stared into the sky lately, if not nothing lost, as there’s nothing up there, except for a few cloud formations, which you are spared from on clear days [like my high school principal introducing the newly tonsured head boy as ‘clear’ head boy] staring into the sky is only looking at the dome, a mere ceiling on this tiny planet and peeking out into the stuff that’s out there. Since we don’t (it always sounds more profound when I use we) know what’s really out there, we can’t really bring ourselves (my previous explanation holds) to believe the words of the men & women who have turned a nelson’s eye towards the real tangible, temporal, platonic earthly day to day endeavors in the name of dedication to science. The crazy guy who wasn’t quick enough to dodge a rotten fruit, the guy who made two holes in the door to let a big and a small cat in, the (this is hard) cripple who doesn’t get a creek in his neck even though it’s in the same position, and to top it all, the guys in Switzerland who think they can create a universe. Isn’t everything, I mean everything that exists is called the universe right? Or so they told us. Now a reactor that can compress say a melon to such density that there’ll be an autre universe. Pudoub booom Bush! (not that bush) simple dunce, sorry dense sound effect.
    So the point being, looking up at reality, bigger part of the pie, from a tiny speck of the whole pie, will present a contrasting opinion of all the big problems.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killua
    "then 'delivered' from cradle to grave" as in pizza delivery, told you it wasn't 'well done' (half baked).

A closer perusal suggests that your 1st post was perhaps devoid of bile & was a contextual rendition.

Immensely relieved am I to see the clouds dispersing!!! To tell the truth I must admit this was my response which I tried in vain throughout yesterday to post: 'Wow! A sparkling battle of wits! Brilliant fireworks of puns, wordplay & references!'
    Sparks flying off engaging sharp swords is sure a feast, a feature I love most in the Hub!
    Again interesting allusions, references in the last random essay! A writer for exclusive readership!!!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Roshan (tipping my hat)

pavalamani pragasam, I thank you for your generosity in bestowing kind words and encouragement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another one written in the passing. [nothing much to be said about characterization]

Last Day Key West! Wild wild west.

Yahoooooo! Or Scuuuubbbbbbaaaa could be an excellent exclamation!, but the self contained under water (glug glug) breathing apparatus would muffle the scream & all the diver hears is the sound of life, the music of breathing through the air tank connected to the mouth using a regulator. Pretty much the last activity we did in florida. Deep sea scuba diving checked off my ‘list of things to do’ while my knees are still in working condition.

The 1-2 hr training of scuba diving with a bikini clad chick (well, she wasn’t my type any way, piercings & wedding ring, not that big of a james bond fan) in a pool, getting over the initial claustrophobia (which I found out only the previous day during snorkeling), learning the diving nirvana, it’s just equalizing the pressure in the ears, nothing to do with diving chicks.

Of course then there was the ½ hr boat ride towards the horizon with captain something, could very well have been cap. Jack lecherous old sparrow, given his behavior with 2, yes more bikini clad gals, there was plenty of eye candy err. I mean lots of them, actually coming to think of it, was there a theory explaining how women seem to enjoy the attention? The boat came to a stop in the middle of nowhere, clad in wet suit armed with, more like packed with, actually tied to a heavy compressed oxygen tank (kinda reminded me of the tank used by the arc wielding guys in India), face in mask, regulator in mouth (funny they should call it so, a mouthpiece regulating what? No jokes in the atlantic please) all set to jump off the ledge (your’s truly always likes to be the brave soul who does things first). Standing at the back of the rocking boat with no land in sight & the unknown beneath, sweat starts to trickle, as you suddenly remember to breath through the nose……. Mouth, the oxygen starved brain begins to function. This is the point where faith, god, scriptures, forgotten prayers rush forth. Saints should try this instead of the forest.

Splash, sink, inflate suit, float, the hardest few breaths, followed by comfort, fascination & the sudden urge to be a sub (dive dive dive). MSP a non swimmer bravely follows suit off the boat in to the water.

Holding the dive rope, releasing the air in the back pack, we descended remembering to equalize the internal pressure (no it’s not gas! No where near the bowels or gastro, everything is forgotten) once at the bottom, yes the ocean bed, after adjusting buoyancy we felt what Stephan Hawking felt, zero gravity, alas it wasn’t the intellectual thought that we shared, or was it. Either way down at the sea bed, with corals in the background, crazy colored/looking/designed fish everywhere, with us being the only mammals invading their territory that day. A look at the top gives off a very very deep pool effect, on the other hand I felt like being on the wrong side of the aquarium, but the fact that each scene, every second of seeing the contents of the sea for over 30 – 40 feet was worthy of being a screen saver shot. Blue fish, striped fish, school of fish, heck fish that didn’t look like fish but part of the rocks, small fish hidden beneath the sand, it was simply amazing (stupid impotent English language, a stiff upper lip expression can never do justice) watching the fish in their natural habitat, while my visibility was confined just to about 10* on the side was actually petrifying.

A huge 2000lbs grouper jewfish is harmless, but does the fish know that. MSP who had the agility of a penguin on land, found perfect steering ability & a near perfect paddle kick when the dive instructor (jack ass) threatened to launch a lobster he had captured. It’s remarkable how a brave man can quiver in fear when faced with a 9 inch fish!

On another occasion, taken over by adventure spirit, wanting to experience ‘how a shark would feel’ I launched myself attacking a school of fish (read as lumbered towards, yes lumbered in water) with arms extended & jaws background music…… what do the fish do, nothing out of the ordinary, they simply/gently swim by, these creatures don’t fear the master of the planet enough.

Two such dives, almost an hour each, the experience of the scuba was just as exciting as the purpose of the dive (scenic view), the boat ride on the way back seemed much longer, but like all good things this too came to an end. Fingers, toes, limbs all intact. There is a God.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anbe Sivam

Post Thanks / Like
    Thrillingly adventurous! Definitely not my cuppa!!!! And the sober note at the end!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty nice account killua.

Diving nirvana is only near when baywatch instructresses, though not your type (ahem!), are yours cordially. The lecherous captain sounds like an interpolation, particularly when the diver in question (with life presumably on the line) had an eye for candy himself !

Your non-swimming friend seems quite gutsy to have taken to scuba ! Either he believes in a God or believes in himself...talk about redundancy.
    It’s remarkable how a brave man can quiver in fear when faced with a 9 inch fish!
    A certain Charles Darwin, who kicked it on a 19th of April, talked about the fittest surviving and necessity being mothering evolution.
    I launched myself attacking a school of fish (read as lumbered towards, yes lumbered in water) with arms extended & jaws background music……
    Jaws music eh ? Perhaps they where in the mood for Louis Armstrong.. Anyway for an attack next time an awl should come in handy.
    There is a God.
    The most exciting conformation ever. Hope you seek another affirmation soon. [/quote]
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast