Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Random Essays

Post Thanks / Like
    In fact some movie greats in the south like kamal hassan have tried using animation to a great extent in utter flop movies like alavandhan
    (more over he realizes that even he can't express the emotions of a psycho & hoods on a mask & jumps onto a lorry/truck)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Eggselent post.

Quote Originally Posted by killua
    decreed by mankind (women kind included, wemen just took the reference first, no offense
    women kind is a good one. Oxymoron is it ? Men took the reference, women took the offence.

Film is real make believe. Fightin against the laws of physics to show. Animation on the other hand is like Muralitharan. Beautiful results maybe, but you are exempt from following constraining rules, and hence deserving less applause.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    1, 2 1,2 1, 2 1, 2 1,2 1, 2

Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Eggselent post.
    Thank you very much Prabhu hen, er i mean Prabhu han (a respectful suffix)

Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Film is real make believe. Fightin against the laws of physics to show. Animation on the other hand is like Muralitharan. Beautiful results maybe, but you are exempt from following constraining rules, and hence deserving less applause.
    A long time ago during one of the inter college competitions in Jimper Pondicherry. (a tortoise moment).

we won the skit & also took our chances with the fashion show by parading in lungi, shorts & carrying buckets, mats & trunks.
    among less embarrassing things i remember a debating team, where both out did each other when it came to what they thought were analogies.

The first guy would say "i need women like the way my dog needs a bike" to which the 2nd guy said (not taking potshots at his orientation) "oh that sounds like I need women like a fish needing water"
    during their concluding moments, when the judge asked them a question
    "I don't think" said one (I don't think so)
    "of coursely" said the other.

So here goes.

In Lagan India used a deformed guy to win the 1st international match, now the lankans are angry about the indian monkey business, which left them a crisp. so they are following suit with the best weapon their country can produce. ???

Isn't the uneven distribution of talent itself unfair???

1, 2 1,2 1, 2 1, 2 1,2 1, 2

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the greatest spinners in the world, Muralitharan is coming to Chennai IPL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killua
    One of the greatest spinners in the world, Muralitharan is coming to Chennai IPL
    Reminds me of an old Calvin gem: I know life is unfair....but why is it never unfair in my favour ?
    Now I have no qualms. For anyone who even thinks of the word 'chuck' I will throw - no pun intended - rule books at them.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't read through all your essays...YET...but of what I've read, I have enjoyed it ...but i have lost touch with essay reading...abhorred it in lit classes.. but still here I find that I WANT to go back and re-read and make sense of your the finer points that seem to escape me

Post Thanks / Like
    With reference to the Anime Essay, I don't think much about them now, so i am content saying it's all hogwash, time to move on. (chop chop)

Quote Originally Posted by Querida
    I haven't read through all your essays...YET...but of what I've read, I have enjoyed it ...but i have lost touch with essay reading...abhorred it in lit classes.. but still here I find that I WANT to go back and re-read and make sense of your the finer points that seem to escape me
    Ah Q, I am glad you liked the essays, the finer points that you refer to, are mostly references that are no doubt vague, as they were never written with the readers in mind, so if anything fancies your attention, and need further light, i'd be happy to elucidate.

skipping essays in school.. i take it you didn't go to a school where the teachers carried canes & used it rather joyfully while handing out results.
    but then again even that didn't work on people like me......

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456