Page 30 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Vani Jayaram's songs

Senior Member Senior Hubber Naaz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    madhu -

PS-oda Oru Naal Iravu Thanimaiyil is from Ilaiya Thalaimurai? I would never have guessed! This film must have come around the time of Rojaavin Rajaa, Unakkaaga Naan...? Wonder why a fine artiste like Vanisri got stuck in the quicksand of bad and badder Sivaji films? Vaani Raani was perhaps the last hit with this pair?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Neel D's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vellai Manasu

Naaz,

I am glad to know that CBC appreciated the interview. It was your brainchild. Credit goes to you. Of course VJ was brilliant and eloquent as always.

I am not aware of any FETNA concerts other than the NY concert. I will post here if I have any information.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vani Jayaram's songs

Quote Originally Posted by Oldposts
    Topic started by avvaiyar (@ 203.116.61.132) on Wed Jan 27 02:29:28 EST 1999.

I'm a new visitor to this website. I couldn't see anyone discussing about Vani Jayaram's songs.
    Let me start this one.(It had been there previously pls. forgive me!)

"Ezhu swarangalukkul ethanai paadal..
    Ithaya surangathul ethanai kelvi...
    Vaazhum manitharukkul ethanai salanam.."

Wow! Beautiful voice!

its my favourite also. another song by her which i like very much - though in hindi - is "bole re papi hara".

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Neel D's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recently discovered a TMS-VJ duet "kayalvizi pArvaiyilE" opening in TMS's voice. VJ's line begins "nAn nalla rasigai". Film is "thEn sittukaL". Does anyone have any details about this film or other songs from this film?

ramky,

Welcome to the thread. Is that you in the avatar?

Post Thanks / Like

VJ / TMS Duets

Neel D -

VJ is a TMS rasigai! She mentions her great admiration for him, and how overjoyed she was when she sang her first duet with him (interview.)
    I think TMS should be just as proud to have a rasigai with VJs rasanai!
    Have not heard the song you refer to...maybe if I hear it, it will all come back!

I was listening to Paalodu Thaen Kalandha Abishekam the other day. This duet takes an earthy turn at the end, and both the singers infuse it with such rustic fragrance...Do you know who the composer is? (KVM? Kunnakkudi? Or?)

ramky -

Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

VJ / BBC / Paatondru Kaettaen

This interview clip was sent by Prabhu to the VJ egroup.

Click on the link below to listen:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tamil/tamilfilmmusic53.ram

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neel D
    I recently discovered a TMS-VJ duet "kayalvizi pArvaiyilE" opening in TMS's voice. VJ's line begins "nAn nalla rasigai". Film is "thEn sittukaL". Does anyone have any details about this film or other songs from this film?

ramky,

Welcome to the thread. Is that you in the avatar?
    hi Neel D & Naaz ! Neel D : the avatar i had b4 was Keanu Reeves.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Naaz,

KVM is the MD for the song you mentioned - pAlOdu then kalantha abishegam. Film NyAnakkulzhanthai - the story of Thirunyana Sambanthar. I don't know the name of baby artiste.

The same film have another gem by VJ "poothatu kamalam purinthathu kAraNam ponvaNduk kAga vendru".

other songs in NyAnakkulzhanthai:

1) Thodudaiya Seviyan - PS - baby artiste
    2) Osai Kodutha - PS- baby artiste - dance by Gemini Ganesh & V.A.Nirmala
    3) Poothathu kamalam - VJ - Sujatha
    4) paLOdu then - TMS & VJ - Latha & Jai Ganesh
    5) koLLimalai kAttukkule - LRE - Jayachithra (athiradiyaana , nalla bootham paattu)
    6) mAsil vInaiyum & sotrunai vEthiyan - TMS - S.V.Suppaiah
    7) few more

Friends, i owuld like to share something with you all.

I've interview VJ during her visit to Malaysia in 2002. I host her programme in KL too. During the interview I have asked her sing Nitham Nitham nelluchoru song but dhe refused. She said the lyrics are not that good and ignore it. But at last, in the medley she have sang the nitham -nitham as last song.

It's a nother great and golden time, I set beside her, interviewed and requested my favourite songs from my favourite singer. (another artiste was Aachi Manorama)
    Irai Asiyudan
    Prem Ananth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by premananth

Friends, i owuld like to share something with you all.

I've interview VJ during her visit to Malaysia in 2002. I host her programme in KL too. During the interview I have asked her sing Nitham Nitham nelluchoru song but dhe refused. She said the lyrics are not that good and ignore it. But at last, in the medley she have sang the nitham -nitham as last song.

It's a nother great and golden time, I set beside her, interviewed and requested my favourite songs from my favourite singer. (another artiste was Aachi Manorama)
    premanath : Very nice to hear that you have interviewed Vani Jeyaram !
    I just now watched Manorama's programme on Southern Spice - she recalled her trip to Singapore and Malaysia some time back and how the crowd there applauded joyfully when she spoke a few lines in Malay to them !

Btw "Nitham Nitham nellichOru" ( from "Mullum Malarum" ) featured Rajinikanth and "Fadafat" Jayalakshmi in the sequence. This was a
    landmark film in which Rajinikanth and Sarath Babu acted together for the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

VJ interview in Malaysia

prem ananth -

Thank you for the details on the Paalodu duet. I have also heard the solo from the film, which is a rare one, and a good composition by KVM.

I'm delighted to hear about your interview with Vani Jairam. Thank you for sharing your memories about that encounter. VJ has great regard for her Malaysian and Singaporean rasikas, and makes it a point to mention this in her interviews in India/elsewhere. What show do you host in KL? Is it a radio programme? Can one listen to it on the internet? Please give me a few more details.

VJ has sung a duet with Manorama - Paarththaale Theriyaadho Naekku, Adiyae Sarasu... it's from Sri Raagavaenthar, I believe

Page 30 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast