Page 52 of 144 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: COPYING - IN TAMIL FILM HISTORY

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reposting from another thread:

Coming to ripoffs I was exposed to a ghastly revelation today when someone brought the Desert Rose (Melodic Club Mix) - Sting/Cheb Mami to my attention. I swear I can see that song is the basis for the HJ's Kaaka Kaaka opener "Uyirin uyirE". Has this been discussed here?

Any comments from long time listeners? Vijayr?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have listened to Desert rose (one of my favourites) but not the club remix one. whihc portion was similar music4ever? if u think it is the main tune, i feel both are different. may be a slight resemblance in KKs singing and sting's singing style.
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Music4ever -'I swear I can see that song is the basis for the HJ's Kaaka Kaaka opener "Uyirin uyirE". '

Well ,you are spot on Music4ever. I did mentioned this earlier.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thamizh, the following parts are unmistakeably ripped off from Desert Rose. I will comment more after I buy the CD this Saturday and listen fully. I only heard the one minute sample on the Internet. But the ripoff is clear and crystal.

Nagarum neruppai kozhundhu vitterindhEn
    aNaindha pinbum kanalin mel erindhEn
    Neram kooda edhiriagi vida
    yugangalaga veedum maari vida

Pooh! Kaakha Kaaka was the one album I thought HJ did a great job. Now the main song itself is a ripoff. Hopefully "Ennai konjam" is original, but you never know.

OK, here goes the basis for the Khalbali number by none other than our beloved ARR.

Same album: The number Pomegranate - Trans-Global Underground

Senior Member Devoted Hubber rashid2raj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Music4Ever

OK, here goes the basis for the Khalbali number by none other than our beloved ARR.

Basis for Khalbali?????
    Anbe unnaal manam freezing, adada kadhal endrum amazing B-)

Post Thanks / Like
    well i dont spot anything apparently two of our hubbers feel so. wat do u ppl think, check out this link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/clips...413756-8165547

the song that u mentioned relating to khalbali, well at first it didn sound like khalbali at all, but it sounds somewat like a slowed down version of Khalbali. anyway all arabian musics are similar. the same tune has been used several times b4 in most of the "Arabian " songs. but i dont think ARR listened to this track especially to come up with khalbali. khalbali is a unique song in many ways and the only thing that makes us label it as Arabian is the lead tune, which obviously is very familiar.

so now wat am i saying??? HJ's song is fresh but ARR's isnt ???

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Music4Ever
    Thamizh, the following parts are unmistakeably ripped off from Desert Rose. I will comment more after I buy the CD this Saturday and listen fully. I only heard the one minute sample on the Internet. But the ripoff is clear and crystal.

Nagarum neruppai kozhundhu vitterindhEn
    aNaindha pinbum kanalin mel erindhEn
    Neram kooda edhiriagi vida
    yugangalaga veedum maari vida

Pooh! Kaakha Kaaka was the one album I thought HJ did a great job. Now the main song itself is a ripoff. Hopefully "Ennai konjam" is original, but you never know.

ennai konjum matri has shades from a Spice girls song...if im not mistaken...its " STOP right there "....
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamizhvaanan
    well i dont spot anything apparently two of our hubbers feel so. wat do u ppl think, check out this link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/clips...413756-8165547

the song that u mentioned relating to khalbali, well at first it didn sound like khalbali at all, but it sounds somewat like a slowed down version of Khalbali. anyway all arabian musics are similar. the same tune has been used several times b4 in most of the "Arabian " songs. but i dont think ARR listened to this track especially to come up with khalbali. khalbali is a unique song in many ways and the only thing that makes us label it as Arabian is the lead tune, which obviously is very familiar.

so now wat am i saying??? HJ's song is fresh but ARR's isnt ???
    which HJ's song is fresh for u ???
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    M4E, Where can I hear this song?. This has been discussed widely for a long time and I never bothered to check this track.

Karthik, itwofs shud be knowing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    perform a search in amazon.com, for "trans global underground" plus pomegranate if u want. preview for the song is available and i think it has got the portions which M4E is talking of.