Page 41 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: COPYING - IN TAMIL FILM HISTORY

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scale
    Njv,

Athu vamba We (ARR) fans are also very curious from where he draws inspirations.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. M4E & Vijayr, Thanks for the replies.
    Was only kidding. ARR had more inspiration from MSV than IR and even IR has his inspiration from MSV. Nothing wrong in it. MSV showed the way to IR and ARR. MSV is a musical pithamagan.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Music4Ever
    For example, Undhan desathin kural in Swades is definitely inspired from an old MSV-TKR song (Vandha naaL mudhal indha naaL varai vaanam maaravillai.....vaanum mannum kadal kaatrum mandhan maari vittan). One song from Pukar is inspired from Kallellam maanikka kaal aaguma. Etc.
    hey i can accept the pukar one but not the Swades song.....undhan desathin kural is one of ARR's best songs it is 100% ARR's and not a MSV-inspired song.....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vijayr
    The more disturbing tendency for me is remixing or blatantly reusing old songs, done by MDs like YSR, Srikanth Deva etc.

well said vijay, YSR, who is supposed to replace ARRahman at the top, blatantly remixes IR's songs.....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't ignore when two have contested my observation

First of all, I believe the song is an inspiration and not a blatant lift. And now for the exact postion, listen after Gangai unnai azhaikkiradhu ... pala samayam unai azhaikiradhu, and then

At 2.45 (on Raaga) the following threatens to remind of the said MSV-TKR song [ ]

kannAmoochi Attam azhaikka
    chinna pattAm poochi kootam azahaikka .....
    needhan chinna nila cholaidhan azhaikka

Maybe it is just me, I guess. That said, the resemblance is not unlike Kumari of HJ and Ennuyir thozhiyE of ARR (the former threatens to mimick the latter). The inspiration is subtle and it is often the case with clever MD's. Just my opinion.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this is posted earlier..

heard a song from Jithan sung by Shankar Mahadevan (the hero ramesh dancing with two bar dancers kinda).. the entire charanam of the song was a complete shameless rip-off of 'Koduthadhellaam Koduthaan' (Padagotti)...!!!

Gives a feel like, an impotent guy calling some one else's kid as his own.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Koranghu Kayil Maalaa (MX) a rehash of Vanam Endhan Melirukka (Vetrivizha) ?

even here

vathiyium beediyum "Hey naina"

My doubts?

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard nErukku nEr nindru paarungaL pOdhum from edhirigaL jaakkiradhai (music by veda) and the first two lines are exactly like Vaarayen thozi vaarayen thozi vaivittu seeti adi (jeans, ARR)
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just listened to "Aadhi" songs. The first 2 lines in the song "Athi athika" is a note to note rip off from a not so recent song which Iam not able to spot out exactly. I vaguely remember if the song was sung by Swarnalatha.
    Indha paata correctaa identify panra adhi budhisaaligaLukku 1000 veLLi kaasugal parisaLikkapadum dum dum dum!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thumburu
    Just listened to "Aadhi" songs. The first 2 lines in the song "Athi athika" is a note to note rip off from a not so recent song which Iam not able to spot out exactly. I vaguely remember if the song was sung by Swarnalatha.
    Indha paata correctaa identify panra adhi budhisaaligaLukku 1000 veLLi kaasugal parisaLikkapadum dum dum dum!!!
    I dont listend to songs from VJ movies (exceptions are IR, ARR, YSR) and now I have to listen just to get 1000 velli kaasugal. Okay I will do that tonight

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "heard a song from Jithan sung by Shankar Mahadevan (the hero ramesh dancing with two bar dancers kinda).. the entire charanam of the song was a complete shameless rip-off of 'Koduthadhellaam Koduthaan' (Padagotti)...!!!

Gives a feel like, an impotent guy calling some one else's kid as his own."

If one were to list Srikanth Deva's copied songs, one could end up listing his entire discography.He makes his father look remarkably original in comparison.